Christain Vital Tweet | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Christain Vital Tweet

Reaction Score
Lol. No. Denham was a fairly complete player. He had a decent shot from 3 and a very good shot from anywhere else, and he could create his own shot, which Rashad was not so great at. He was a decent defender, a better rebounder, and a better distributor that Anderson.
Denham also got us to GMason, IIRC. Without Denham hitting a prayer in the prior game, we leave even earlier. Against George Mason, Rashad only played 17 minutes, which, as a 4th year senior, is very telling. What it means is that R.A. was a one trick pony, and the 3 point trick was not what we needed (he went 2 for 8). He has pretty much 0s in the rest of his box score. Point is, Calhoun knew that Marcus needed as much help creating shots and distributing as possible, which is why Brown started and played more than RA. People on this board are ridiculous when it comes to RA, but I get it - guy is a UConn hero, so . . .

Go to 5:10 its Rashad who hits the shot not Denham.

Reaction Score
Rashad hit the shot with 1.8 left to send the Washington game to OT, not Denham.
And a 3 like 30 seconds before. We have a zero percent chance of playing George Mason without Rashad and we have a zero percent chance of playing Georgia Tech and winning our second title without Rashad.

Reaction Score
Hah. Lol. No.
Rashad was good at hitting 3s, and nothing else.
If you swap out Rashad for CV, you're giving up several rebounds per game and tough D. CV's 3 point % was as good as Rashad's, and that was with very little help.
My goodness, love me some Rashad, but people here are delusional as to how good the guy was. He was an excellent 3 point shooter and a great clutch shooter. FULL STOP. Please stop beyond that. Go look at his stats. In 34 minutes per game his senior year he averaged 1.6 FreeThrowA per game, 0.7 assists per game, and 2.8 rebounds per game. Please stop with the revisionist crap. If you swap him out for CV we probably lose more games and everybody on this board would be ripping RA for only being a shooter. Too much!

CV plays hard but lets be honest he has never played on a winning team. If you swap them for each other CV doesn't play on the 06 team and might not play over Austrie full stop. Put Anderson on this team we don't get heroball moments from CV(See the Cinnci game) A better shooter(look at who Rashad was lighting up only a nightly basis vs who CV plays that matters) give Rashad any of these AAC teams he averages 25 easy.

Reaction Score
Hah. Lol. No.
Rashad was good at hitting 3s, and nothing else.
If you swap out Rashad for CV, you're giving up several rebounds per game and tough D. CV's 3 point % was as good as Rashad's, and that was with very little help.
My goodness, love me some Rashad, but people here are delusional as to how good the guy was. He was an excellent 3 point shooter and a great clutch shooter. FULL STOP. Please stop beyond that. Go look at his stats. In 34 minutes per game his senior year he averaged 1.6 FreeThrowA per game, 0.7 assists per game, and 2.8 rebounds per game. Please stop with the revisionist crap. If you swap him out for CV we probably lose more games and everybody on this board would be ripping RA for only being a shooter. Too much!
This will help jog your memory...

Reaction Score
With all the talent the 04 team had, they don't win a national championship without Rashad. Period. He was an assassin in the biggest of spots and had no fear. They DO NOT win that Duke FF game in 04 without Rashad.
It doesn't matter if you're one-dimensional, if that one dimension you have is integral in helping win a national championship, there is no measurement for how big that is.
Watching these Rashad highlights and listening to the crowd erupt when he drains a big 3 makes you dream of us getting big time again. Let's go Hurley.
Let's hope CV returns.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
CV plays hard but lets be honest he has never played on a winning team. If you swap them for each other CV doesn't play on the 06 team and might not play over Austrie full stop. Put Anderson on this team we don't get heroball moments from CV(See the Cinnci game) A better shooter(look at who Rashad was lighting up only a nightly basis vs who CV plays that matters) give Rashad any of these AAC teams he averages 25 easy.

He wouldn’t play over Austrie at all. Austrie was the starting PG half that season until Marcus Williams came back from his punishment.

pj

Reaction Score
Rashad stepped up in critical moments, that's for sure. CV never had the chance. But CV's UConn career is not yet over. He has a chance to be UConn's all-time 3 point leader and win some critical games for us next year. Let's see how things play out. Rashad hit some great shots to win critical games for us, he also lost the George Mason game for us with his inability to dribble or pass. Rashad has four inches on CV, CV has a better motor. To date, they're comparable players in overall impact. I hope to see CV step up next year.

Reaction Score
I'll echo the sentiment that CV is similar to TRob. Both are good players at times when the program is in need of great players.

CVs role would be very different if he played on some of the NC teams. It's not a knock on him.

John Gwynn is arguably the best player off the bench at Uconn. If UConn could get Vital to be in that role it would mean great things for the team and Vital.

Reaction Score
Rashad stepped up in critical moments, that's for sure. CV never had the chance. But CV's UConn career is not yet over. He has a chance to be UConn's all-time 3 point leader and win some critical games for us next year. Let's see how things play out. Rashad hit some great shots to win critical games for us, he also lost the George Mason game for us with his inability to dribble or pass. Rashad has four inches on CV, CV has a better motor. To date, they're comparable players in overall impact. I hope to see CV step up next year.

This thread is becoming an insult to Rashad. They aren't comparable players at all Rashad is the far superior player.

You mention critical moments the one critical moment for CV was Cincy this year and instead of giving the ball to AG he tried to play hero ball and lost us the game. We have forgotten more big Rashad moments than CV could ever hope to have. Remember UMASS in 2002? Big Edge Rashad

Opponents: CV has played in a weaker conference with easier competition put Rashad in this conference, and he averages 25 a night easy. Rashad lit up Big East and NCAA Tournament opponents: Big Edge Rashad

Impact: Take them both off their respective teams, and UConn doesn't end up winning in 2004 while UConn probably has the same record this year without CV. Let's also not forget that in the Calhoun era only one four year period resulted in 4 consecutive NCAA tournament berths. Rashad was on those teams. CV, on the other hand, has never sniffed an NIT. Big Edge Rashad

Attitude: Rashad never taunted the opposing team when down is that nitpicking yes but that stuff matters. Big Edge Rashad

This is a KO in the first round in boxing terms. CV is a nice player but to compare to a top 50 all-time Husky when CV may crack the back end of the top 100, and that's a big maybe is insulting to Rashad.

Reaction Score
I think the fact that people are comparing CV to Rashad means he’s doing something right and we should hope for him to come back.

those who are don't know what they are talking about

Reaction Score
Rashad hit the shot with 1.8 left to send the Washington game to OT, not Denham.
Darn. My memory fails me. Did DBrown hit a 3 late to save a win in a tourni at some point?
Thanks.

PWS

Reaction Score
Darn. My memory fails me. Did DBrown hit a 3 late to save a win in a tourni at some point?
Thanks.

He hit a 3 pointer against George Mason to put into overtime. We all know what happened after that.

Reaction Score

Go to 5:10 its Rashad who hits the shot not Denham.

I am still pissed that the guy running the clock somehow allowed Washington to inbound the ball with 1.8 second left, take a dribble, pass the ball 40 feet and get a shot off for the win. It did not go in, but it could have, and it never should have been a possibility.

Reaction Score
He hit a 3 pointer against George Mason to put into overtime. We all know what happened after that.
Ah yes. That is what I was remembering. Maybe I've just blocked out that dark period. Lol. [EDIT - apparently it was a lay in, and I'm not even remembering the shot right. I guess if I'm going to have altered memories, might as well make them pleasant. Remember that time Thabeet had a massive put back dunk to beat MSU in the final four?]

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lol. No. Denham was a fairly complete player. He had a decent shot from 3 and a very good shot from anywhere else, and he could create his own shot, which Rashad was not so great at. He was a decent defender, a better rebounder, and a better distributor that Anderson.
Denham also got us to GMason, IIRC. Without Denham hitting a prayer in the prior game, we leave even earlier. Against George Mason, Rashad only played 17 minutes, which, as a 4th year senior, is very telling. What it means is that R.A. was a one trick pony, and the 3 point trick was not what we needed (he went 2 for 8). He has pretty much 0s in the rest of his box score. Point is, Calhoun knew that Marcus needed as much help creating shots and distributing as possible, which is why Brown started and played more than RA. People on this board are ridiculous when it comes to RA, but I get it - guy is a UConn hero, so . . .

I don't get throwing out stats as if many of us weren't there, and more of us don't remember every god awful moment of that day. Rashad played more minutes 40 hours earlier against UW. The fact that he played less minutes against Mason was overwhelmingly due to one fact that had little to do with Rashad -- he was in a rotation for 2 spots on the floor with Rudy Gay and Denham Brown, and Rudy was playing the best game he ever played in national flag blue. So if you want to read something in to the fact that he lost 8 or 9 minutes to a future national team level NBA player, go for it. But forgive those of us who aren't impressed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom