Chris Mack Suspended for 6 games | The Boneyard

Chris Mack Suspended for 6 games

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Unrelated to extortion? Then why?

Unrelated to the extortion itself. Related to how he handled the extortion.

I mean, it's related to the extortion but I get what they're saying.

Reaction Score
Mack strikes me as a loose cannon. Guy is kind of nuts. Did he have that reputation at Xavier?

Reaction Score
1630088428092.png

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Remember we lost out on one of the best JUCO guards ever in El Ellis to this scumbag.

Reaction Score
I'd like to know the guidelines, policies and procedures they have in place to follow when one is being extorted.

Its in the human resources manual - sandwiched between the sections on "What to do when you've been informed of an FBI investigation," and "Proper protocol concerning press inquiries regarding hookers"

Reaction Score
After watching numerous hours of Dino Gaudio dissecting basketball matchups on tv as an announcer, I've always thought he was a basketball dunce in comparison to other coaches. But, after listening to these tapes, does a threat to not stay silent about something truthful really rise to extortion? A threat to tell the truth? This isn't coming out of the blue just seeking money. This is a severance situation forced on him where he has a bargaining chip. When a person leaves a firm and threatens that I want a better severance package or I'm going to try and take my customers with me, is that extortion or negotiation? I'll tell the customers about the quality control concerns that came up when installing their products, extortion? I'll start my own company and try to hire away good employees from this firm unless I get a better deal, extortion? When Stormy Daniels was paid for silence about the truth, was her threat to tell the truth extortion? I don't find this taped conversation as very different from hundreds of terminations where an employee seeks to improve their situation by threatening use of some kind of knowledge that is adverse to an employer. It comes through on the tape, that Gaudio felt he had done a good job with defense and offensive rebounding and was seeking 18 months severance because that was his perception of fairness given that he perceived the failure to renew his contract was career damaging and implied he did a bad job. He explained the requested payment as essentially a bridge to social security at 66+. The payment was based on his existing compensation. He used his silence as a threat, but did not seek the payments to him as the measure of worth of the information he was being silent about. If he was extorting Louisville with his information, the value under probation could have been much more than his salary. I would have fought the charge.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
After watching numerous hours of Dino Gaudio dissecting basketball matchups on tv as an announcer, I've always thought he was a basketball dunce in comparison to other coaches. But, after listening to these tapes, does a threat to not stay silent about something truthful really rise to extortion? A threat to tell the truth? This isn't coming out of the blue just seeking money. This is a severance situation forced on him where he has a bargaining chip. When a person leaves a firm and threatens that I want a better severance package or I'm going to try and take my customers with me, is that extortion or negotiation? I'll tell the customers about the quality control concerns that came up when installing their products, extortion? I'll start my own company and try to hire away good employees from this firm unless I get a better deal, extortion? When Stormy Daniels was paid for silence about the truth, was her threat to tell the truth extortion? I don't find this taped conversation as very different from hundreds of terminations where an employee seeks to improve their situation by threatening use of some kind of knowledge that is adverse to an employer. It comes through on the tape, that Gaudio felt he had done a good job with defense and offensive rebounding and was seeking 18 months severance because that was his perception of fairness given that he perceived the failure to renew his contract was career damaging and implied he did a bad job. He explained the requested payment as essentially a bridge to social security at 66+. The payment was based on his existing compensation. He used his silence as a threat, but did not seek the payments to him as the measure of worth of the information he was being silent about. If he was extorting Louisville with his information, the value under probation could have been much more than his salary. I would have fought the charge.

I would suggest looking up the definition of extortion.

The requirement for extortion says nothing about if it’s true or not.

He threatened Mack. That’s enough. He was toast.

Reaction Score
Lol he threatened Mack to expose something damaging if he didn’t pay him money.

Reaction Score
I'd like to know the guidelines, policies and procedures they have in place to follow when one is being extorted

Me too. I hope it wasn't because he went outside the school to the authorities. If a crime is committed or he suspected a crime was committed who better to go to? Reminds me of the assaults that take place on campus and you learn later the police, not school security, was never involved. That should NEVER happen.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Disagree completely. What does it say about your moral convictions if they're for sale?

And remember, this was the second go around with Mack concerning breaking the rules. The rules don't matter to him. If they did, he would have confronted Mack the first time, and not for his own material gain.

And I'm not defending Mack here, who is as slimey as we've come to expect a Louisville coach to be.

Reaction Score
I hope you're charging Dino a really high hourly fee

Reaction Score
“Sensing an explosive situation was imminent, I made the decision to protect myself” Mack told Sports Illustrated's Pat Forde. “I wanted to make sure there was no confusion about this hostile situation.” In other words, I knew he had me over a barrel so I was hoping Dino would break the law too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom