Chris Jans on Sirius today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chris Jans on Sirius today

Reaction Score
Teddy Allen makes Nate Miles look like a choir boy. He was reportedly kicked out of the other schools for domestic abuse. Zero chance.
He sounds like a huge troublemaker but his girlfriend said she made up that he strangled her and cops believe she made it up from interviewing her and seeing no physical marks on her. The municipal court in Wichita qualified the crime as an act of domestic violence because he threw her keys and iphone on the sidewalk when he left her house breaking her iPhone screen.

I think when most people hear domestic violence they think of a man physically hitting/beating up a woman.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He sounds like a huge troublemaker but his girlfriend said she made up that he strangled her and cops believe she made it up from interviewing her and seeing no physical marks on her. The municipal court in Wichita qualified the crime as an act of domestic violence because he threw her keys and iphone on the sidewalk when he left her house breaking her iPhone screen.

I think when most people hear domestic violence they think of a man physically hitting/beating up a woman.
I don’t believe that was an isolated incident. Seems to be a very sad story, actually, with a terrible upbringing that led to some terrible behavior on his part. I know that’s not uncommon in kids that have been abused and I believe in redemption, but I don’t think we would have—or should have—touched this kid with a ten foot pole given his track record. I know Calhoun thought he was Father Flanagan at times, but I think even he would have steered clear.

Reaction Score
I don’t believe that was an isolated incident. Seems to be a very sad story, actually, with a terrible upbringing that led to some terrible behavior on his part. I know that’s not uncommon in kids that have been abused and I believe in redemption, but I don’t think we would have—or should have—touched this kid with a ten foot pole given his track record. I know Calhoun thought he was Father Flanagan at times, but I think even he would have steered clear.
Yes, this article goes through his upbringing. Tough life.

Abuse and anger derailed Teddy Allen’s life. Now he seeks redemption with the Huskers

Reaction Score
We beat them 7 or 8 times out of 10, and the 2-3 losses would be if we just completely laid an egg or they shoot lights out from 3. Even if they shot 50% from 3 we still probably would have won that tournament game.
But who really cares? They beat us when it mattered.

Hurley's culture excuses are getting tiresome. I coach sports and care passionately about culture and prioritize it, but you also have to marry that with the times and for him to ignore the portal last year was a HUGE mistake.

Culture and portal - ITS NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE HURLEY!

I look at Texas A&M they're mostly transfers and we mentored their star player, they have an AMAZING CULTURE. My wife and middle son were with them in NYC for the NIT Finals.

Hurley pissed away a good year worrying about Gaffney's feelings when it was obvious we didn't have shot creators and Gaff, while talented, played timid. Imagine Cole, Martin and Co. having a nice Sweet 16 run with Fatts or a similar guard that could create (I didn't watch enough to know another but obviously tons of creators out there).

Hurley needs to learn it's not 1991. I think he is. But man, he's pissing away a lot of goodwill with the fanbase with his antiquated thinking, playing two centers, no creators, etc. He doesn't have forever, but he sure runs his program that way.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
But who really cares? They beat us when it mattered.

Hurley's culture excuses are getting tiresome. I coach sports and care passionately about culture and prioritize it, but you also have to marry that with the times and for him to ignore the portal last year was a HUGE mistake.

Culture and portal - ITS NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE HURLEY!

I look at Texas A&M they're mostly transfers and we mentored their star player, they have an AMAZING CULTURE. My wife and middle son were with them in NYC for the NIT Finals.

Hurley pissed away a good year worrying about Gaffney's feelings when it was obvious we didn't have shot creators and Gaff, while talented, played timid. Imagine Cole, Martin and Co. having a nice Sweet 16 run with Fatts or a similar guard that could create (I didn't watch enough to know another but obviously tons of creators out there).

Hurley needs to learn it's not 1991. I think he is. But man, he's pissing away a lot of goodwill with the fanbase with his antiquated thinking, playing two centers, no creators, etc. He doesn't have forever, but he sure runs his program that way.

I was responding to a post that praised Jans for his roster building when he had lost every other NCAA tournament game before he beat us. I wasn't talking about Hurley at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom