Chiney's After The Game Blog | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chiney's After The Game Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I agree about CO. I wish we had 10 of her. I wasn't nitpicking, just responding to an earlier post.

Didn't mean you...lol. Just a general statement.

Reaction Score
"Pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off and start all over again." great quote from the late great Peter Tosh....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm surprised at her interpretation of what happened in the game. Basically, she's saying she just had a bad day. It happens - one of those things. Regarding the Goliath analogy, she's saying we're so much better than UConn, but in this freak occurrence, the pipsqueak beat the truly superior force. UConn was lucky unless they can do that every night (doubtful). UConn's not better than us, we just made some mistakes. The response was pure rationalization. An unwillingness to admit the defeat was caused by a superior force.

Yeah, that was about the most self laudatory slice of "humble pie" I have ever read. If UC can trounce everybody like they trounced us, they are the real deal. Puleez.....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can be pretty quick to take offense at swipes at our Huskies, but this column didn't bother me. It seemed more like an admission that she didn't get it done, regardless of the opponent. She also seemed like she'd like another crack at us. Be careful what you wish for...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I can be pretty quick to take offense at swipes at our Huskies, but this column didn't bother me.
Yea, I didn't see much wrong with it. I wouldn't expect her to think it was all UCONN's doing. And in reality, she did have a pretty bad day without any help from UCONN.

She also seemed like she'd like another crack at us. Be careful what you wish for...

Well sure, why not. Next time they meet would be FF or NC. Who wouldn't want that?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yea, I didn't see much wrong with it. I wouldn't expect her to think it was all UCONN's doing. And in reality, she did have a pretty bad day without any help from UCONN.

Well sure, why not. Next time they meet would be FF or NC. Who wouldn't want that?

Agreed. I just don't think the outcome will be significantly different.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
One thing that I noted as I watched the game, and which Chiney stated in her blog, was the loyalty of their fans - I was impressed that the arena was still full after it was clear that Stanford was going to lose by a large margin. Good for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom