Chillous speaks | The Boneyard

Chillous speaks

Reaction Score
lol @ Ollie is not returning phone calls and the sky is falling. This was a pretty alarming tone for a local paper. The writer could be a boneyard regular.

edit: didn't realize it was Borges. It appears he thinks something is definitely up

Reaction Score
but according to Chillious, "he's been positive, working hard, super-competitive. We feel like we're gonna get through this little rough patch, and we're gonna come out as good as ever."[/QUOTE.

I too believe this. They will get the players, but will they get enough time to win with those players.

Reaction Score
KO is not taking calls? That sounds immature. Maybe they just mean he's not giving interviews.

Reaction Score
KO is not taking calls? That sounds immature. Maybe they just mean he's not giving interviews.
Thats what it means. He not speaking to media. He probably sent chillious to do this interview

Reaction Score
Still no solution and barely even a hint of one.

If things are just fine, why not just say so, be straight forward, stop ignoring phone calls and state what your plan is. Not saying, clearly, what your plan is makes people think things are not so well....

Almost no one ever stays silent when there is good news, at least for this long. One would think if they had something lined up after all those departures, you would want to make sure that people would not have some misconceptions and the more time that goes by, the more people will start to think.... You can avoid this by saying the good news. (there is some, right?)

Reaction Score

If things are just fine, why not just say so, be straight forward, stop ignoring phone calls and state what your plan is. Not saying, clearly, what your plan is makes people think things are not so well....

Almost no one ever stays silent when there is good news, at least for this long. One would think if they had something lined up after all those departures, you would want to make sure that people would not have some misconceptions and the more time that goes by, the more people will start to think.... You can avoid this by saying the good news. (there is some, right?)

Hint: There is no 100% definite good news. Nothing is lined up. What the hell do you want these guys to say? He said what they are doing - searching everywhere possible for good players. Its a little late in the game for '17 and the prospects look bleak but no one is going to say this outright...

Reaction Score

I'll be Kevin Ollie here: "Hi member of the press. What is our plan? We're going to recruit players, hopefully land them, practice, play games, and then hopefully win games."

There's nothing else he can do and nothing else he can say. He can't talk about players that haven't signed NLIs, including ones that got out of NLIs. I'm not sure if he can talk about transfers either, but all he'd say is he wishes them the best.

Reaction Score

When things are not going well, sometimes it's better not to say anything at all, until you have something good to say. Let's hope something good is said soon

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
s

Well, he can't actually talk about any recruits, and I'm sure he's not gonna rip the guys who left, so what exactly are you looking for?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

It is obvious they are scrambling. But they aren't going to come out and say the sky is falling, DUH. That would be INCREDIBLY stupid.
It is extremely vital that UConn maintains the image that everything is OK, otherwise why would recruits even consider coming here?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I thought the "no pebble left unturned" line was pretty telling to what you guys are talking about.

Reaction Score
Just like @KSC94 said, KO should spin it toss some ollie-speak in there about toes, teamwork, attitude.

Control the narrative and own it.

Everyone knows winning is the only answer to all questions.

pj

Reaction Score
I thought the "no pebble left unturned" line was pretty telling to what you guys are talking about.

We're not only willing to find the 1' tall basketball players hiding behind stones, we're going to find the 0.1" tall basketball players hiding behind pebbles.

I like the diligence of the staff, but I'm expecting poor rebounding next year.

Reaction Score

The solution is staring them right in the face. I can't believe they haven't made plans. Anyone in this situation knows you go to the mud man first to sculpt you a 6'10 foot center, and then you go to the re-animator guy to zap the mud sculpture with that green goo that makes mud men walk and talk and do stuff. This is simple stuff.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
When things are not going well, sometimes it's better not to say anything at all, until you have something good to say. Let's hope something good is said soon
Unless you're a fan or better a member in this forum. :cool:

Reaction Score
The solution is staring them right in the face. I can't believe they haven't made plans. Anyone in this situation knows you go to the mud man first to sculpt you a 6'10 foot center, and then you go to the re-animator guy to zap the mud sculpture with that green goo that makes mud men walk and talk and do stuff. This is simple stuff.
Yah, um, ok...But I am talking about real plans moving forward.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Just like @KSC94 said, KO should spin it toss some ollie-speak in there about toes, teamwork, attitude.

Control the narrative and own it.

Everyone knows winning is the only answer to all questions.

Nonsense. Spin is the last thing he should do. The avg person here may not be very bright, but my guess is most fans have a few brain cells to work with, and would see spin as pure bs.

Reaction Score
I think you are worrying about banal minutiae.

KO should lead through the good and bad and be the face of this team. He is a fighter, character, and virtue based that it seems odd that the media infers he is unavailable.

In house stuff stays in house and you need to wish them well and prepare for the future - that's the only spin that I meant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom