Chiep retires (maybe) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chiep retires (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Meh. Beau Jo’s is touted as Colorado style pizza. Like a big pile off dough with a pizza tossed on it at the last minute. And you’re supposed dip the crust in honey. Ugh! Gag me with a chief!

Chiep grew up on Colony. There’s a small chain called Proto’s out here supposedly founded by an ex-New Haven pizza guy. It’s not bad.
In Denver, there is a place called Papou's. The owner went to Aquinas in NB. He is from Southington, and his dad owned Sax Pizza also in Southington. Real Connecticut style pizza. Greek.

Reaction Score
I will try it. Have you tried Proto’s? It’s on 15th st by the REI store.
I have not. I will look them up. Out here pizza is a rare commodity - most people are happy with Papa John's. Big Bill's is also real good. Sausage meatball and eggplant. I am in Aurora so I have to drive at least 10 miles for good pizza.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Chiep hasn’t found anything funny about our football team since the Fiesta Bowl. Randy could’ve become a CT legend but instead had to chase the almighty $. Where’d that get him?
Use the wrong burner account?

Reaction Score
So here is the thing....if you're going to steal someone's schtick...cool, but now you need a tagline.......
Might I suggest...........IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE CHIEP IS COOKIN!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
In Denver, there is a place called Papou's. The owner went to Aquinas in NB. He is from Southington, and his dad owned Sax Pizza also in Southington. Real Connecticut style pizza. Greek.
Whoa whoa whoa, this thread just got real. There may be some people and places in CT that prefer Greek pizza, but Real Connecticut Style Pizza is not doughy Greek stuff. It’s thin New Haven style 100%.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Whoa whoa whoa, this thread just got real. There may be some people and places in CT that prefer Greek pizza, but Real Connecticut Style Pizza is not doughy Greek stuff. It’s thin New Haven style 100%.

Greeks make the best pizza. Where we live, the best pizza comes from a place called Greek Tony's. It's not quite as good as CT (nothing is), but it's pretty close. Yes, they've succumbed to the trendy thin crust pizza fad, but you can still get what they call traditional crust. There's a reason it's called traditional crust. That's because it's real pizza, not this trendy fad thin crust.

Thin crust is for wimps. It tastes like a bunch of pizza toppings spread on top of melba toast. Chicago style deep dish is even more whacked. You might as well tear off a chunk of french or Italian bread and throw some mozzarella and pizza sauce on top. Thin crust is the logical result of a bunch of dieters being told they can eat it because there's less bread.

Reaction Score
Even a casual outsider knows Akok is 6'9 and 3/4 and Pepe's is the soul of New Haven style pizza.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Greeks make the best pizza. Where we live, the best pizza comes from a place called Greek Tony's. It's not quite as good as CT (nothing is), but it's pretty close. Yes, they've succumbed to the trendy thin crust pizza fad, but you can still get what they call traditional crust. There's a reason it's called traditional crust. That's because it's real pizza, not this trendy fad thin crust.

Thin crust is for wimps. It tastes like a bunch of pizza toppings spread on top of melba toast. Chicago style deep dish is even more whacked. You might as well tear off a chunk of french or Italian bread and throw some mozzarella and pizza sauce on top. Thin crust is the logical result of a bunch of dieters being told they can eat it because there's less bread.
Poor fellow you haven't had a Colony pie?

Reaction Score

Tour de force. Finally New England Greek has found the Boneyard champion it deserves! Sir, I flock to your standard.

Reaction Score
Okay. It’s on.

So this CO version is doughy. More than Chicago. They should call it pizza cake instead of pie.

Chiep agrees Italian reigns supreme, but some Greek ain’t half bad. There used to be a place in Stamford on strawberry hill right next to mister donut. Don’t remember the name. There stuff was good.

Greek is usually square cut right?
I remember that place too and it was pretty good. Also don't remember the name. It was at a proverbial fork in the road.

That said, Pepe's, Sally's et. al. are thin crust pies and the gold standard. I will hit Beverly in Black Rock for a change up now and then; but there is not a Greek pie from here to Athens that is better than "thin crust" New Haven. You guys are nuts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

UConnNick Papadopoulos over here. How many Nicolas’ are in your Greek family?

Do you even pizza bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69