Chiep retires (maybe) | The Boneyard

Chiep retires (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kenny11 got it just before the poll got deleted.

I just started those threads to point out how some people take this stuff way too serious. I was born and raised in Stamford. Graduated UConn in 85. We were the door mats of the old Big East back then) but they’ll never be better hoops than that). I was hooked. What Calhoun did was nothing short of miraculous. For those 20+ years I loved it. “The Shot”. Insane!

Also in that time frame, I got married, two daughters (one learning disabled), divorced, parents passed... the things that make up life. I’m now out in Colorado and remarried. Life is good.

I can’t follow the Huskies like I’d want to. Life’s responsibilities takes priority. When I look to a source for info like the Boneyard I’m hoping to find a little something. But threads devolve into “KO sucks”, “ Akok is 6’10” - no he’s not he’s 6’11”, or being overly critical of teenage kids. Who gives a crap? Are you a fan or not? Follow them through thick or thin. Have fun watching them learn and develop. I know I will. This Hurley ride is going to be awesome.

So yeah, someone implying “casual fans” are inferior pisses me off. Meanwhile talking themselves up like they’re part of the coaching staff. Gimme a break. I’m a casual fan and damn proud of it. And I know my priorities.

Anyway. Thanks Kenny for getting it.

ps. I really couldn’t give a DAM about how many likes or views I get. Make sure buy a shirt to help our fellow boneyarders daughter if you haven’t already. They make great stocking stuffers.

Reaction Score
Kenny11 got it just before the poll got deleted.

I just started those threads to point out how some people take this stuff way too serious. I was born and raised in Stamford. Graduated UConn in 85. We were the door mats of the old Big East back then) but they’ll never be better hoops than that). I was hooked. What Calhoun did was nothing short of miraculous. For those 20+ years I loved it. “The Shot”. Insane!

Also in that time frame, I got married, two daughters (one learning disabled), divorced, parents passed... the things that make up life. I’m now out in Colorado and remarried. Life is good.

I can’t follow the Huskies like I’d want to. Life’s responsibilities takes priority. When I look to a source for info like the Boneyard I’m hoping to find a little something. But threads devolve into “KO sucks”, “ Akok is 6’10” - no he’s not he’s 6’11”, or being overly critical of teenage kids. Who gives a crap? Are you a fan or not? Follow them through thick or thin. Have fun watching them learn and develop. I know I will. This Hurley ride is going to be awesome.

So yeah, someone implying “casual fans” are inferior pisses me off. Meanwhile talking themselves up like they’re part of the coaching staff. Gimme a break. I’m a casual fan and damn proud of it. And I know my priorities.

Anyway. Thanks Kenny for getting it.

ps. I really couldn’t give a DAM about how many likes or views I get. Make sure buy a shirt to help our fellow boneyarders daughter if you haven’t already. They make great stocking stuffers.

Hoo-rah!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So if Chiep is retiring, is it only from the basketball board? I was looking forward to
"View from the Chiep Seats" over on the football board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom