Chief's Briefs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief's Briefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I was going to say, I'm not there YET but wouldn't be opposed to a AG, JA, TL, Mamadou at 5, and either use Purvis (I'm down on him) or CV, VJ, JD, some 5th offensive threat.

But TL rebounds well enough if the 5 holds up his end. Even Facey could play the 5 with TL or JD at 4 but he's been part of the problem as well ...

Diarra should have been amongst the many guys getting a chance, esp given the rebounding issues.

Again need to see Mamadou more - he is only 6-6 but when 7-0 guys don't rebound you realize it's about will, strength, quickness to the ball and hands not height.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
We really weaken our offense with 2 of those in the game, but we get small and can't rebound. But hey can't rebound with them in either so you are correct. And the KEA reference spot on!

We need a skilled 4/5 really bad.
Rebounding is attitude.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, he was solid. Played hard, knocked down a long shot I believe - wants to run. Need to see more shot attempts before passing judgement.

Cv is a streaky shooter and can be more of a threat slashing than shooting from the arc....he will give you heart and soul and leadership. He proved the last two years in the prep ranks that he is tough.....he will sacrifice himself to contest any ball and as i said whwn he signed he'leave more flesh on the floor than anyone.....also he was a great rebounder and i bet out rebounded se by 2 to one in their prep year together......maybe by this time next year se will be rady....hopefully sooner.....he needs a rebounding coach and more lower body strength.....cv can make some bonheaded plays and shoot you right out of a game but no one will play harder

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Anyone who gets rebounds deserves minutes - unfortunately that mindset or culture doesn't seem to be here.

That mindset starts at the top with Ollie. As it did with JC. So you are advocating for a change in HC position.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Rebounding is attitude.
yes I agree
DESIRE DISCIPLINE AND HEART = Kevin Freeman, Burrell, Uncle Cliffy, Toby K, Bill Corley, Jake, Travis, Nadav ,Donny M, John T and Jeff A - these guys wanted to and loved to grab rebounds

Reaction Score
yes I agree
DESIRE DISCIPLINE AND HEART = Kevin Freeman, Burrell, Uncle Cliffy, Toby K, Bill Corley, Jake, Travis, Nadav ,Donny M, John T and Jeff A - these guys wanted to and loved to grab rebounds

You can add Tim Coles, Gerry Besselink (maybe THE most heart), Rod Sellers and Marcus White. They went after it, tenacious never stopping to find a way to the basket on the O end and boxing out and hitting people on the other end. As psnow said - "attitude"

C

Chief00

At about 4pm I won't be answering further questions on this thread - although I enjoyed the conversations. With a game tonight moving on to the next Chief's Briefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom