Chief's Briefs - Special Edition & Request | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief's Briefs - Special Edition & Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Step out of your bubble - he may be boys with some of the players on the team, but nobody regards him in the light you do.

What if C-H-I-E-F really spelled Bunky?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I've heard the name mentioned here before, but no idea who he is? Background on Bunkey?
I don't even know if he was ever a UConn student. A friend of one of the players who is no longer with the team is all I have learned. Mr. Uconn, in Chief's world.

C

Chief00

I don't even know if he was ever a UConn student. A friend of one of the players who is no longer with the team is all I have learned. Mr. Uconn, in Chief's world.
I do like the dude. What resume did Big Red have?

Reaction Score
What do you call someone who's a fan boy of some guy who is friends with some college basketball players?

I don't think we've coined a term for something so obscure and pathetic. This is approaching restraining order level stuff though.

I second this idea. First Night is well known to be Chief's kinda thing. He's more of a casual fan. :D

leg humper?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I do like the dude. What resume did Big Red have?
Big Red rose organically out of the season ticket fanbase, leading cheers in his section for years before he became a "thing." I don't know if this Bunky guy ever went to a game without someone giving him a ticket.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Big Red rose organically out of the season ticket fanbase, leading cheers in his section for years before he became a "thing." I don't know if this Bunky guy ever went to a game without someone giving him a ticket.
Bunky is HFD?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This is whole thing is getting bizarre. I can't tell who the joke is on.
Unfortunately for Chief the joke is that someone who had to be well into his fifties (or older) is thrilled that a kid in his early twenties acknowledges him.

C

Chief00

Such a huge UConn fan he is:

What is your plan for him during UConn games that will be so entertaining? That truly awful thing you posted as "inspiration"?

Let Bunkey be Bunkey - He will do just fine - don't get in the way of a creative artist.

C

Chief00

Why would he pay for a ticket if he could get one free? Give the guy a break!

C

Chief00

From the business side its critical that UConn athletics start appealing to a younger demographic. No disrespect but many of you older dudes will be retiring and moving South or even dying off.
Big Red can still do his thing but perhaps the younger crew may want their guy?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
From the business side its critical that UConn athletics start appealing to a younger demographic. No disrespect but many of you older dudes will be retiring and moving South or even dying off.
Big Red can still do his thing but perhaps the younger crew may want their guy?
From the guy who hates everything about First Night. Can't make this up.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
On behalf of the younger demographic - we don't care about Bunkey. Not one iota.

If Chief wants to understand the younger demographic, he should actually get to know them instead of making up pretend connections to them.

Reaction Score
Granted Chief is a psycho and part of the fun is that he takes himself so seriously while saying asinine things, but even for him this is getting a little sad. I don't know if Bunky said hi to him when he was creepily lingering around the players or what but it's past the point of pathetic.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
No disrespect but many of you older dudes will be retiring and moving South or even dying off.

No disrespect taken. Just a question, do we get to choose between moving south or dying off?

C

Chief00

Granted Chief is a psycho and part of the fun is that he takes himself so seriously while saying asinine things, but even for him this is getting a little sad. I don't know if Bunky said hi to him when he was creepily lingering around the players or what but it's past the point of pathetic.
Good friendships are only pathetic to envious, jealous people who have none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom