Chief's Briefs - Enoch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief's Briefs - Enoch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chief00 said:
LOL - I don't know about the subject line name- a poster told me to call it that and seemed offended if I called it breakdown and if I called it boxers - who knows?

I did also give "In Brief With Chief" as an option if you wanted to avoid the underwear reference. The key is proper branding to separate yourself from the less-informed members of the Yard - make your posts stick out from the crowd. But I think by going with "Chief's Briefs" and causing a little bit of joking, you've gotten more brand recognition out of it, so I think you've chosen wisely. Well done.

There's also - for times when you are upset with UConn's play (or the Boneyard) - "Chief's Beefs". Or, when you reach the point of a rebranding and a new look to your posts: "A New Leaf With Chief". Or if you want to use the other part of your handle for a little twist. "0-0, Here Comes Chief!" (But people would have to read that as Oh-Oh and not Zero-Zero, so you may want to save that for when you branch out into podcasts and things where there's sound."

All the "postgame thoughts" threads just blend together. You want to be different. I like where you're going with this. By the end of the year, this place could be The Chiefyard.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I did also give "In Brief With Chief" as an option if you wanted to avoid the underwear reference. The key is proper branding to separate yourself from the less-informed members of the Yard - make your posts stick out from the crowd. But I think by going with "Chief's Briefs" and causing a little bit of joking, you've gotten more brand recognition out of it, so I think you've chosen wisely. Well done.

There's also - for times when you are upset with UConn's play (or the Boneyard) - "Chief's Beefs". Or, when you reach the point of a rebranding and a new look to your posts: "A New Leaf With Chief". Or if you want to use the other part of your handle for a little twist. "0-0, Here Comes Chief!" (But people would have to read that as Oh-Oh and not Zero-Zero, so you may want to save that for when you branch out into podcasts and things where there's sound."

All the "postgame thoughts" threads just blend together. You want to be different. I like where you're going with this. By the end of the year, this place could be The Chiefyard.

Let's go ChiefConn Chiefskies!

Reaction Score
Did Drummond make the request you do these briefs, or was it the voices in your head? Or are they one in the same?

Reaction Score
Jerry1714 said:
Did Drummond make the request you do these briefs, or was it the voices in your head? Or are they one in the same?

You have two choices - you can either accept the gradual Chiefitization of the Boneyard, or you can get left behind and wonder why you feel like an outsider.

I'm one who believes in being adaptable and staying ahead of the curve in an ever-changing world, but it's understandable that some stay more rigid. Some folks out there still know how to churn their own butter. Heck, there's a cottage industry of places like Sturbridge Village that pay homage to the way things used to be. Soon those people will be chortling at old Fishy posts in between their churning shifts.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I did also give "In Brief With Chief" as an option if you wanted to avoid the underwear reference.

You can't pull a punch like that Gurley. Don't water it down. Always go for the long ball. 'Chiefs Briefs' is solid gold.

C

Chief00

Well by any measurement, I am glad it's so well received. I will stick to Chief's Briefs or perhaps Boxer when talking about boxing out. I do wish there would be a little more discussion of basketball content - but Life goes on. This initial post was all about how Enoch transitions to offense and defense.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, it was requested that I do a few briefs or breakdowns of this year's UConn team. I decided to start with just a couple of things I have seen of Enoch both in games or in practice.

WARNING - If First Night is your idea of basketball you won't like this post! STOP HERE!

Two things that I fundamentally like about Enoch.
1) In transition to offense he makes a straight line to the basket or low block and establishes position early. When the guards get accustom to a Big who actually does this fundamental - some easy points can be score here. He seems to have the beginnings of the ability once he gets this initial position to seal his man. He also has good hands and a decent touch.
2) Defensively he attempts to beat his man in transition back to the foul line and meets the offensive Big there. Any offensive position progress from that point on will need to be earned in a muscle tussle as they use to say. After that a lot of Bigs lose their touch on a shot and they are not in their sweat spots.
These two things are music to my ears and quite frankly I have not seen it executed recently by other Bigs on the team.

One thing I hope for Enoch is that they focus on strength in the weight room and not this over focus on conditioning. Make the dude really strong and powerful with some flexibility training. From what I have seen he likes basketball so the conditioning part will naturally come from playing ball. Again this is basketball not gymnastics.

Can we all chip in to pledge like $100 per actual Boneyard poster that Chief can name as someone who "requested that [he] do a few briefs or breakdowns of this year's UConn team"?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Chief really squeezed out this analysis into his briefs.

C

Chief00

Can we all chip in to pledge like $100 per actual Boneyard poster that Chief can name as someone who "requested that [he] do a few briefs or breakdowns of this year's UConn team"?
Someone can find it - I don't do searches myself - I did a thread that used the word breakdown and someone recommended I use Chief's briefs instead. I can't take credit for the wording!

Reaction Score
tJaBJjl.gif

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
By the end of the year, this place could be The Chiefyard.

Then we'd be in trouble with the PC crowd for having a name that insulted native Americans.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Gurleyman, post but it's understandable that some stay more rigid. .[/QUOTE]

Staying more rigid in Chief's Briefs?

C

Chief00

Chief puts his pants on just like the rest of us -- one leg at a time. Except, once his pants are on, he's best friends with Andre Drummond.

And you can donate $100 to my favorite charity - Special Olympics CT. Good time to do it - they have a matching program this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom