Chief, Our Prophet, Was Right Again! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief, Our Prophet, Was Right Again!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I posted this elsewhere, but there was no inclination of NCAA sanctions before the Blaze meeting. After Blaze...

Coincidence?

Reaction Score
Chief said that a donor stepped up to pay the buyout. The wording of today’s statement shows that this clearly did not happen.

As usual, Chief is off the mark and deserves none of the credit he wrongfully gets.
You don't go for cause without a 10 million dollar backup plan. I'd imagine Chief's donor will pay 10 million to save our program, but if they could pay less or even $0, I'm sure they'd prefer AD Dave try that route.

C

Chief00

I am hearing KO’s agent and legal people are furious; talking lots of smack at Big East Tournament. Is this posturing or real anger? Sounds like both. I believe the agent may lose money too, but I don’t know exactly how that works?

Reaction Score
The mere mention of his name is enough to bring out the mob. And yet, he seems to forgive them. Amazing.

Like a true prophet, he is willing to walk among his doubters until they’re ready to accept what he tells them.
If Chief is a real prophet he can cure leprosy and fix our program. I think curing leprosy is easier.

Reaction Score
The mere mention of his name is enough to bring out the mob. And yet, he seems to forgive them. Amazing.

Like a true prophet, he is willing to walk among his doubters until they’re ready to accept what he tells them.
This is fantastic - and continues to fuel speculation that Fishy and Chief are the same.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
True - never got to the final letter - so what’s your point?
And LSU’s 3rd party check was in the mail - and we have documentation of that now.

The whole SEC pays their players, that's no secret at all except to the NCAA

Reaction Score
I am hearing KO’s agent and legal people are furious; talking lots of smack at Big East Tournament. Is this posturing or real anger? Sounds like both. I believe the agent may lose money too, but I don’t know exactly how that works?

Good for them. Maybe they should have convinced their client he should be out doing his job recruiting, and maybe attempting to become a competent coach

Reaction Score

In this case, instead of getting 10%, he may need to pay 10%?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever seen Chief and Fishy in a room together? Seems odd.....
Some think they may be one of the same
And, sorry to both if I have insulted either of you!!!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
KO will get his money, there is no doubt about it
If running some summer practices or any of the other crap that is flying around are the basis of "just cause" - it is a joke
I just do not like the way it was handled by UConn, AD David Benedict and L McHugh and the BoT. Some of these folks along with Herbst need to go.
KO was not going to be back next year - we all knew that and I didn't need Chief00 to whisper that into my ear (sorry Chief00)
I am dumbfounded that UConn would watch a coach take a program to an elite NY bowl game, see him walk away mid flight, hire a piece of crap and then another that brought the program to it's knees and in doing so cost the school an opportunity for a P5 invite. And what does the school do? Rehire the same guy who more or less started the tumble due to his covert actions. I have nothing against RE2 and hope he brings the program to a better place.
BUT the same AD turns around and throws eggs at a coach who has been true blue.
Did KO have to go? Yeah, but it was handled, IMHO, very poorly and there could be some very negative and costly repercussions.

Reaction Score

Didn't know college coaches had agents?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom