Chief’s Briefs - Xavier Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Xavier Edition

Reaction Score
Good tough win with strong second half defense late. 27 Xavier to 14 UConn foul shots. Just another night in the Big East. It is embarassing.

Great shooting by Karaban (14), Spencer (19) and Newton (16). Tonight was small ball out of necessity and we have no Double Big rotation. Karaban, Newton and Spencer all made three 3’s. Diarra had two 3’s.

Johnson is hurting us playing so far away from the basket on both offense and defense. The result is often a foul. We only have one big, we need our lone Big in the paint where they are killing us posting up. We were outrebounded by double figures (12) and second chance points hurt.

Our last recruiting class wasn’t balance, not one true power Big Guy. We are paying for it with Donovan injuried. Danny threw up a zone look early in the second half because they were posting in the paint. I like Stewart and think we need him but he has to reduce mental errors such as not boxing Out on a foul shot.

The 50% foul shooting doesn’t cut it, especially on the road. Alex and Tristen were the only players who shot over 50% from the line.

Diarra is a candidate for 6th man award this year. It is amazing how he has improved his 3 ball and foul shooting. He helps us play uptempo, which we need to play without Donovan.

Reaction Score
The pros
1. Well balanced scoring.
2. HD is a dawg!
3. Xavier for a good stretch did not know how to play against the small lineup.
4. Another win on the road.

The cons
1. Poor foul shooting
2. Samson needs to stay out of foul trouble. No need to defend by the 3 point line.
3. DC still out

Reaction Score
"The 50% foul shooting doesn’t cut it, especially on the road. Alex and Tristen were the only players who shot over 50% from the line."

Improve our team foul shooting today to 75% and the outcome would never have been in doubt.

Reaction Score
"The 50% foul shooting doesn’t cut it, especially on the road. Alex and Tristen were the only players who shot over 50% from the line."

Improve our team foul shooting today to 75% and the outcome would never have been in doubt.
I agree, and we start with the Commissioner Val Big East FT handicap of less foul shots, then we miss front end of 1 on 1’s. We need to be better in this area.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Good points Chief. Cam was the man but Karaban the unsung hero mattresses when you get attached wanna sit here I’ve been sitting all night I have a tournament. I’m gonna get out of here with Samson on the bench due to foul trouble.

Reaction Score

The 4th foul on samson was invisible foul. There was not a foul and the phantom foul was certainly not on Johnson but the player closer to the basket. Meanwhile karaban looks like rocky balboa. Big east refs absolutely suck

Reaction Score
Good points Chief. Cam was the man but Karaban the unsung hero mattresses when you get attached wanna sit here I’ve been sitting all night I have a tournament. I’m gonna get out of here with Samson on the bench due to foul trouble.
I think I know what happened, after the game I gave up my seat for a couple at bar so they could sit together and my knee was stiff so wanted to loosen it up. They then said something about them having a tight back and needed a firmer mattress. Some fragments got in the post as I was editing with phone in my hand.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

That would be a big 3point difference. Would still have been a close enough game to make me nervous.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
I think I know what happened, after the game I gave up my seat for a couple at bar so they could sit together and my knee was stiff so wanted to loosen it up. They then said something about them having a tight back and needed a firmer mattress. Some fragments got in the post as I was editing with phone in my hand.
Just having fun, that stuff happens! :)

Reaction Score
SJ looks lost out there... Hardly had any Rebounds or Points... It seems like his game has regressed and we played better without him on the floor. What was his +/-?

caw

Reaction Score

Hot take, players were making sure Hurley got another close game road win. Padding those stats for Coach. /jk

Reaction Score
He seems awfully raw for a 4* recruit. But what the heck do I know.
247 has him as the #139 recruit. The 3 star players start at 142

He’s given some decent minutes this year and some not so decent minutes. Definitely not a bruiser big and will take some time to get up to speed as a BE center

Reaction Score
That would be a big 3point difference. Would still have been a close enough game to make me nervous.
3 points is a full possession. We would have never trailed and I could have done without Xanax in the final moments. :)

Reaction Score
This team plays with a lot of heart and grit. It will be great to get DC back. On the bench but seamingly not as engaged. Time to get him engaged again. No NC without DC.
Lot of motors on this team. Good statement win in BE.
Chief your the best.

Reaction Score
SJ looks lost out there... Hardly had any Rebounds or Points... It seems like his game has regressed and we played better without him on the floor. What was his +/-?

He was fine the previous 3 games, minus the foul trouble. He’s not and never has been a good rebounder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom