Chief’s Briefs - WSU Edition | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - WSU Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Josh is averaging 10 points and 7 rebounds over the past 5 games. Rod Sellers averaged 8 and 5 as a Soph and he seems to be very well liked by the fanbase.

Hard to not be excited about what Josh could become. I will take a 15 and 10 or 13 and 8 from a center any day, and that doesn't seem to he a stretch by his senior year.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Josh is averaging 10 points and 7 rebounds over the past 5 games. Rod Sellers averaged 8 and 5 as a Soph and he seems to be very well liked by the fanbase.

Hard to not be excited about what Josh could become. I will take a 15 and 10 or 13 and 8 from a center any day, and that doesn't seem to he a stretch by his senior year.

Rod Sellers was beloved cause he put an elbow to Laettner's jaw. He was a tough sonofabitch. If Carlton develops that, I'm in.

Reaction Score
Rod Sellers was beloved cause he put an elbow to Laettner's jaw. He was a tough sonofabitch. If Carlton develops that, I'm in.

Rod Sellers was beloved for his play alone. The Laettner incident is memorable, but even if that didn't happen people would still remember him as a very good player.

Reaction Score
Should have mentioned this in the original Briefs - While WSU didn’t exactly stress our defense, our handling of screens is much better. The Big is getting back to their Big and we are not seeing the ridiculous mismatches.

The hard hedge has been a hot topic of debate this year. The practice was leading to one or two open layups by the opposing bigs every game, even if it limited penetration and open 3s from the opposing guards. Starting with SMU, the bigs stopped hedging almost completely. Against Cincy and Tulsa that led to consistently open driving lanes for guards coming off screens. Thankfully Hurley scrapped that plan and has gone back to a harder hedge. It's still not as aggressive as it was early in the season -- it's more of a quick show and recover. It also looks as if the guards are going under the screens and then jumping back out on the ball as the big recovers as opposed to fighting over the top and not letting the big get back to his man without abandoning the ball. It's been effective the past two games, albeit against weak offenses.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The hard hedge has been a hot topic of debate this year. The practice was leading to one or two open layups by the opposing bigs every game, even if it limited penetration and open 3s from the opposing guards. Starting with SMU, the bigs stopped hedging almost completely. Against Cincy and Tulsa that led to consistently open driving lanes for guards coming off screens. Thankfully Hurley scrapped that plan and has gone back to a harder hedge. It's still not as aggressive as it was early in the season -- it's more of a quick show and recover. It also looks as if the guards are going under the screens and then jumping back out on the ball as the big recovers as opposed to fighting over the top and not letting the big get back to his man without abandoning the ball. It's been effective the past two games, albeit against weak offenses.

We were abysmal at defending the pick and roll earlier in the season, mostly because our bigs didn't know how to properly hedge. Glad to see they're finally starting to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom