Chief’s Briefs - USF Edition | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - USF Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And yet, look at the outcome.

I’m pretty sure no one has documented the tire fire in Storrs more than I... and if beating USF in basketball is an unreasonable expectation... they should board the windows and knock a few hundy off student fees.

C

Chief00

Another home run Chief’s Briefs, blowing away all previous metrics. Thank you, I am humbled and this wouldn’t be possible without your contribution.

Reaction Score
What has been happening in FB is sort of happening in BB. UConn is making other teams look good

That's as clear an indication of where both programs are. In BB one or two recruits can have an impact. But you still need some support players to surround them. those impact recruits aren't on this current team. It's going to take a recriuting cycle or two for Hurley to build a roster that fits his system. I think Ollie's biggest deficiency is killing the team. He just never had a balanced roster. It was always flawed in some regard.

Full faith in Hurley. Just typical UConn fans wanting tomorrow today and then pointing fingers when it doesn't happen.
One thing that hurt Ollie was the sanctions as well. Facey and brimah were desperate additions even though kf was 4* nypoty(I think but very raw). Brimah chased other bigs off bc we all thought or were waiting for him to hit that nba level and they didn’t want to ride shotgun. The clouds broke in 16 class but Ollie lost his passion and fire.

Reaction Score
That's what I thought you meant.
So we shouldn't judge Danny for 5 years. Well I do like Danny. I liked the hire, I liked him most after the Cuse game, today I like him less. No one is going to wait to judge him until 2023.

You're right. Hurley's in the big time for the first time and along with that comes expectations he's never faced.

He got the team off to a great start, they played fast and looked so much better expectations may have gotten out of hand, but the roster is better and more experienced than last year's so let's not overdo the lack of talent, no size, etc. excuses.

Chris Holtman took Ohio State from 17-15 to 25-9 his first year so let's see some improvement as the season plays out so we can minimize the breakdowns on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
You're right. Hurley's in the big time for the first time and along with that comes expectations he's never faced.

He got the team off to a great start, they played fast and looked so much better expectations may have gotten out of hand, but the roster is better and more experienced than last year's so let's not overdo the lack of talent, no size, etc. excuses.

Chris Holtman took Ohio State from 17-15 to 25-9 his first year so let's see some improvement as the season plays out so we can minimize the breakdowns on the Boneyard.
There is no reason to give him a pass since almost all of us thought last years team under achieved and the same number stated KO was the problem. Coach should be held to the fire. Having said that, the turnaround we hoped for is just a ways off.

Reaction Score
Uh....buddy, I think Madmann meant playing anywhere in the State of Florida. The 2014 FF was in Texas.
1999 nationals championship was in St. Petersburg, Florida. However, I understand now what he meant. The curse must have started after 1999, Thank you.

C

Chief00

Brah - you posted this in the wrong thread, deleted it and then reposted it.

You are trying way too hard.

Thank you for your loyalty following my posts regardless of thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom