Chief’s Briefs - UMKC Edition | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - UMKC Edition

Reaction Score
The thing I noticed more than anything at the game yesterday was how over-the-top positive and encouraging Hurley was to his team. Carlton made a free throw and Hurley was screaming "great job Josh!!!" He screamed it so loud that if it was Calhoun I would've taken it as sarcasm. But it was real. 99% of coaches have no reaction to a made free throw. It is just expected. 2 or 3 times Vital (who had a bad offensive game) made an out of control play and Hurley encouraged him instead of chewing him out and pulling him.

I remember after he got the job, Hurley mentioned that because of the hell of the last 2 years some of our players were broken mentally (he didn't use those words) and needed to be built back up. I think that is what he is doing here.

Or is he always like that? I didn't watch enough of him at Rhode Island to know

Reaction Score
Let's hope he doesn't pull a KO at The Garden and send the stats papers flying and gets T'd up that kills a comeback...
I actually enjoyed the once annual JC meltdown/TO... no one could every accuse JC of being asleep at the wheel.

C

Chief00

how is Sid's rebounding numbers. Looks like he should give us some with his hops
Quite frankly, he will get some on his hops but against the good teams he will get bounced around - he’s awful thin.

C

Chief00

I actually enjoyed the once annual JC meltdown/TO... no one could every accuse JC of being asleep at the wheel.
JC’s meltdown T’s were more strategic than a casual observer might think- he rarely would get a T that hurt the team.
KO on the other hand had an uncanny ability to get a T at the wrong time.

Reaction Score
We have 41 assists thru 2 games, it took us to some point in the middle of game 5 to reach 41 assists last year. Hence no awful scoring droughts so far.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, he will get some on his hops but against the good teams he will get bounced around - he’s awful thin.

I was on sabbatical in CT/MA last week, got to all the games, and was on the floor right where the UConn men come onto and off the floor. The guys sure look bigger than last year, even Polley had some muscle (no bulk yet, but that may be his body type, like Daniels), but Wilson looked thin as a reed. Looks like he has a 36 inch chest and doesn't look any bulkier than in his high school videos. You'd never guess he did any lifting this past year.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
We have 41 assists thru 2 games, it took us to some point in the middle of game 5 to reach 41 assists last year. Hence no awful scoring droughts so far.
Basketball. The best shot is almost always the open shot. Repeatedly finding the open guy opens the lanes for the lead dogs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom