Chief’s Briefs - Temple | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Temple

C

Chief00

Was a good watch. I don't have the box in front of me but I think
we had 16 assists and held Temple to under 20% on 3's.
I hope the team has a good run it.

Temple shot 11% from 3 in the second half.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Don't really post much and didn't watch game tonight, but reading these posts is depressing.

It's Temple for God's sakes. If we didn't win by 20+ with scrubs in for last 5 min it was a complete failure.
I'm surprised you don't post more.

Reaction Score
Don't really post much and didn't watch game tonight, but reading these posts is depressing.

It's Temple for God's sakes. If we didn't win by 20+ with scrubs in for last 5 min it was a complete failure.

"Temple for God's sake" made me laugh...yes, it was literally founded as a Baptist temple for the sake of... Regardless, this a team that has beaten Auburn (14), Clemson (18), South Carolina, Wisconsin and Wichita State (11). They just seem to have some wild mood swings - playing down to lesser competition (sound familiar?).

Reaction Score
"Temple for God's sake" made me laugh...yes, it was literally founded as a Baptist temple for the sake of... Regardless, this a team that has beaten Auburn (14), Clemson (18), South Carolina, Wisconsin and Wichita State (11). They just seem to have some wild mood swings - playing down to lesser competition (sound familiar?).
Before we anoint then National Champs by acclamation let’s not forget that they also LOST to LaSalle, George Washington and Tulane and only managed to put up 39 vs UCF in a loss. For UConn it was a good win, they played pretty well but let’s not overstate the quality of the opponent.

Reaction Score
You know you are on to something. My daughter is a freshman and got a student Gampel Season ticket via the student lottery. Kids don’t have TVs anymore but she has my cable password and watches games streaming over the internet. I never watched a game that way but I was proud of her for doing that this season. It reminds me of listening to WTIC radio as a kid, when all the games weren’t on TV. It starts at a young age - taking kids to games - making it a life style. Maybe going to the Diary Bar when they are young after a day game.
Sure, it’s not every game since it’s not appropriate going out before a game or after a win to celebrate with adult beverages and posse. And I haven’t made that Bunkey introduction yet - although he’s a great guy.
My daughters are also freshman and are in marching/pep band. They always tell me ( and I agree) that they are the biggest fans of the teams. My message to them is to spread the word, and get their friends/floor mates to come to the game even if casually interested. Go huskies

Reaction Score
Before we anoint then National Champs by acclamation let’s not forget that they also LOST to LaSalle, George Washington and Tulane and only managed to put up 39 vs UCF in a loss. For UConn it was a good win, they played pretty well but let’s not overstate the quality of the opponent.

I'm glad you pointed this out. It would be a shame if anyone derived any measure of satisfaction from their performance last night. Thank god you're posting so much this year.

Reaction Score
But keep in mind Tulane n lasalle has 2 nba type players in Frazier might be top 20 n bj Johnson who is very good ... but I get it

Reaction Score

All I'm saying is that Temple deserves some credit. Some. To say that our normal should be us beating them by 20+ and have our scrubs in at the end of the game is disingenuous.

C

Chief00

My daughters are also freshman and are in marching/pep band. They always tell me ( and I agree) that they are the biggest fans of the teams. My message to them is to spread the word, and get their friends/floor mates to come to the game even if casually interested. Go huskies

I agree, no litmus tests for fans - let’s put a big sign out on the front lawn “Casual Fans Are Most Welcome”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom