Chief’s Briefs - Temple | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Temple

Reaction Score
Offensive movement was the best I’ve seen all year , just in time for the tourney ... and Polley I need you to have those feet ready to shoot .. Anderson stop hesitating to shoot, rebounding always an issue but i can offset those with the 7 blocks 5 steals and 16 asts and only giving up 12 free throws.... Larrier needs to work on his out backs , just slam the ball , but love the effort fellas

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm glad they won and I liked that they got passed in the stretch and came back. I just really like the way they played overall. It wasn't like getting a tooth pulled, it was a nice watch.

Reaction Score
they actually looked like the better team in the second half

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Rebounding continues to be a major concern. I like Diarra and Williams together but KO doesn’t. So often we throw up shots with no one even close to the paint area. Conversely, we give up a ton of offensive rebounds.

You are being soft on this one. Not close to the paint? A couple of times they were all around the top of the key. What were they thinking. Hard to get rebounds that way. No where in sight.

Tonight has been one of Vital’s poorer games. I like the kid but he needs to have recognition tonight was Adam’s night. Larrier is a loss cause in terms of recognizing that since he will be a star in the NBA next season.

I like Vital myself. However I found myself wondering why our boys get the rebound get ready to set and Vital has to throw an NBA with 28 seconds on the clock. Of course Temple gets the rebound.

They did look like a different team tonight. I cannot wait until Carlton learns how to shoot 3 feet away from the rim without rimming it or slamming it against the backboard at record speed. 3 feet away.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Anderson was really solid again. Feel bad for the kid who went through that almost surreal slump this year. But at the end of the season he showed who he really was.
I agree. It felt great to see him break out of that slump the last quarter of the season. I wish him the best of luck.

Reaction Score
I agree. It felt great to see him break out of that slump the last quarter of the season. I wish him the best of luck.
I only saw one game live. Auburn. I just remember Anderson all over the court even if wasn't totally effective offensively he was pest on defense. He played with fire and glad we had him this year. The thing is he should have been our 4th guard and second off the bench but due to the AG injury he had to step up to level which he couldn't really uphold. Can't say he didn't try though.

Reaction Score
Don't really post much and didn't watch game tonight, but reading these posts is depressing.

It's Temple for God's sakes. If we didn't win by 20+ with scrubs in for last 5 min it was a complete failure.

Reaction Score
Anderson was really solid again. Feel bad for the kid who went through that almost surreal slump this year. But at the end of the season he showed who he really was.

He has always been super inconsistent. Not just a UCONN thing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's Temple for God's sakes. If we didn't win by 20+ with scrubs in for last 5 min it was a complete failure.

If it were 10 years ago, then yes. But this is a team that lost to Temple by 30pts earlier this year. In that context, it's good to get this win.

Reaction Score
Don't really post much and didn't watch game tonight, but reading these posts is depressing.

Way to enjoy a win on senior night!

Reaction Score
I also don’t understand playing Dave O 5 minutes vs 4 minutes for Kwintin after Kwintin was the main reason we came

Neither played much. 5, 4, not much difference. Diarra took his minutes. Carlton was mostly solid tonight when he was in, the only guy that seemed to do well on the boards. Ollie wanted a smaller lineup tonight, hard to argue with the results.

C

Chief00

How can you be a die hard and not watch a game in weeks and especially on senior night? I can't stand how we played this year and want KO gone but I still watch these games because I love UCONN men's b-ball.

How do you spell Casual Fan? However, this isn’t a criticism, UConn Nation welcomes Casual Fans, even if they start this way.

Hopefully, he will become gradually more engaged. Granted, it’s been a tough season and some games difficult watch. But, Chief doesn’t quit on the team and continues the Briefs and going to the games - although I missed a couple this year.

While my Briefs are sometimes critical, Chief views them as constructive guidelines for improvement. For example, when you give up 20 offensive rebounds that translates roughly to 8 additional baskets, if they shoot 40%. Let’s assume 3 of the 8 are three pointers - either treys or and 1’s. That’s 19 second chance points. So although we won tonight - this is a chronic problem - which helps explain all the 20 point loses this season. It needs to be fixed!

C

Chief00

Time to teach your son to watch your team even if they are terrible
You know you are on to something. My daughter is a freshman and got a student Gampel Season ticket via the student lottery. Kids don’t have TVs anymore but she has my cable password and watches games streaming over the internet. I never watched a game that way but I was proud of her for doing that this season. It reminds me of listening to WTIC radio as a kid, when all the games weren’t on TV. It starts at a young age - taking kids to games - making it a life style. Maybe going to the Diary Bar when they are young after a day game.
Sure, it’s not every game since it’s not appropriate going out before a game or after a win to celebrate with adult beverages and posse. And I haven’t made that Bunkey introduction yet - although he’s a great guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

You are being soft on this one. Not close to the paint? A couple of times they were all around the top of the key. What were they thinking. Hard to get rebounds that way. No where in sight.

I like Vital myself. However I found myself wondering why our boys get the rebound get ready to set and Vital has to throw an NBA with 28 seconds on the clock. Of course Temple gets the rebound.

They did look like a different team tonight. I cannot wait until Carlton learns how to shoot 3 feet away from the rim without rimming it or slamming it against the backboard at record speed. 3 feet away.
Can’t argue with your observations.
ChiefCertified#

Reaction Score

Next time omit the die hard fan part, you're a classic bandwagon fan.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Obviously not following ncaa this year temple SOS is 10 with RPI of 43. Good win for this team.

Yep, and the same Temple team that UConn lost to by 28 just 30 days ago. So that's improvement.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Was a good watch. I don't have the box in front of me but I think we had 16 assists and held Temple to under 20% on 3's.

I hope the team has a good run it.

Reaction Score
Obviously not following ncaa this year temple SOS is 10 with RPI of 43. Good win for this team.
I agree it was a good win but if you watched the game it shows why some folks like me have contempt for the RPI. You really want to say the 7th best team in the AAC should be ranked that high? It is a pseudoscientific system that badly over rates strength of schedule at the expense of actual performance and wins and losses. Temple is a very average team with s very average record to prove it. It is an attempt to look scientific when picking teams but it is gigo science.

Reaction Score
Yep, and the same Temple team that UConn lost to by 28 just 30 days ago. So that's improvement.

Both wrong. I do follow NCAA. Your assumptions have nothing to do with my point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom