Chief’s Briefs - Temple | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Temple

C

Chief00

So far 9 threes and while we have mostly been on the other side of that weapon, it covers up a lot of flaws. The result is a 10 point lead with twelve minutes left.

Rebounding continues to be a major concern. I like Diarra and Williams together but KO doesn’t. So often we throw up shots with no one even close to the paint area. Conversely, we give up a ton of offensive rebounds.

Temple is shooting really poorly in the second half and we are only up 6. Vital is playing out of control.

A concern is selfish play overrides riding a hot hand - Adam’s is on fire yet other guys don’t defer, rather they take bad shots.

KO has not shorten the rotation or settled on a lineup. I thought the Diarra / Williams combination gave the team a lift last game but he only went to it briefly and then was up by six after being down one. But, then he moved to something else with poor results. KO and staff seem to have zero collective memory regarding what works and what doesn’t and this season what works should really stand out. Dave O must be the best practice player ever invented because there is no rationale to keep playing him based on game days.

Larrier’s defense is terrible and that’s been consistent all season.

Tonight has been one of Vital’s poorer games. I like the kid but he needs to have recognition tonight was Adam’s night. Larrier is a loss cause in terms of recognizing that since he will be a star in the NBA next season.

I am repeating myself - 18!offensive rebounds. Crazy. But, KO doesn’t make guys accountable on rebounds. A huge mistake. Fortunately, this was offset somewhat by 12 Temple turnovers.

Anderson hitting some clutch shots. And a big one by Polley.

A win is a win. Give Killings credit he knew Temple’s offensive sets.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Uh we won, that’s all. Next game.

Reaction Score
More ball and player movement tonight. Still too many quick 3s and wasted time beyond the arc.

More energy tonight.

We have to get to the boards on O and D.

Glad to see a nice win. A little to late but better than never.

Reaction Score
So Chief’s Briefs are now like a live blog written as the game is being played? That’s a change from the longer post game analysis-style Chief’s Briefs that I’m used to...but I know this season has been rough on everyone so I’m not complaining. Long live chief’s briefs!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, you need to know what needs improvement and what works so you will win the next game.
Easy Chief00 Easy
In this case I also say - a win is a win
from my seat in Gampel it didn't look as bad as you are relating - in fact some Temple folks I chatted with thought UConn looked rather good (I say better but not "good" - still too young)
The team didn't quit and neither did KO (though I never saw him as a quitter)
Temple has been a hot and cold team all year and if they start cold the stay cold
LMAO at the Killings statement - never helped UConn any other time so that holds zero credence
But nice try - this write up isn't up to your normal standards

Reaction Score
So far 9 threes and while we have mostly been on the other side of that weapon, it covers up a lot of flaws. The result is a 10 point lead with twelve minutes left.

Rebounding continues to be a major concern. I like Diarra and Williams together but KO doesn’t. So often we throw up shots with no one even close to the paint area. Conversely, we give up a ton of offensive rebounds.

Temple is shooting really poorly in the second half and we are only up 6. Vital is playing out of control.

A concern is selfish play overrides riding a hot hand - Adam’s is on fire yet other guys don’t defer, rather they take bad shots.

KO has not shorten the rotation or settled on a lineup. I thought the Diarra / Williams combination gave the team a lift last game but he only went to it briefly and then was up by six after being down one. But, then he moved to something else with poor results. KO and staff seem to have zero collective memory regarding what works and what doesn’t and this season what works should really stand out. Dave O must be the best practice player ever invented because there is no rationale to keep playing him based on game days.

Larrier’s defense is terrible and that’s been consistent all season.

Tonight has been one of Vital’s poorer games. I like the kid but he needs to have recognition tonight was Adam’s night. Larrier is a loss cause in terms of recognizing that since he will be a star in the NBA next season.

I am repeating myself - 18!offensive rebounds. Crazy. But, KO doesn’t make guys accountable on rebounds. A huge mistake. Fortunately, this was offset somewhat by 12 Temple turnovers.

Anderson hitting some clutch shots. And a big one by Polley.

A win is a win. Give Killings credit he knew Temple’s offensive sets.
Anderson was really solid again. Feel bad for the kid who went through that almost surreal slump this year. But at the end of the season he showed who he really was.

Reaction Score
Anderson was really solid again. Feel bad for the kid who went through that almost surreal slump this year. But at the end of the season he showed who he really was.

Sure hope so. Aside from the anemic shooting there's some good qualities to his game. If he can hit open shots at a decent percentage, nothing crazy, it makes a real difference.

No Williams in the second half. Diarra some good minutes. A few calls missed down the stretch. A guy out of bounds saves the ball for a layup. Larrier smacked on the arm on an easy putback. 2 guys climbing on a player on the inbounds. Fortunately the Polley 3 goes in and we limit bonehead plays to put it away.

Mostly our shots dropped and theirs didn't. The reverse of a lot of the season.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Guys, Chief really strains to squeeze all this stuff in his Briefs.

Got a funny pic for this but I'm guessing for Tom it's no bueno.

C

Chief00

Mostly our shots dropped and theirs didn't. The reverse of a lot of the season.

Exactly with the exception of Larrier who was 5-16. The other positive was only 10 turnovers. The reason Chief is not doing a Bunkey happy dance in the streets is we gave up 20 offensive rebounds. That can only happen if they shot poorly and we are totally out of position to rebound.
I also don’t understand playing Dave O 5 minutes vs 4 minutes for Kwintin after Kwintin was the main reason we came back last game. At some point, in game performances need to count for something. Practice is a means not an end in itself.

C

Chief00

So Chief’s Briefs are now like a live blog written as the game is being played? That’s a change from the longer post game analysis-style Chief’s Briefs that I’m used to...but I know this season has been rough on everyone so I’m not complaining. Long live chief’s briefs!

Thanks for the feedback - I thrive on feedback, which is the road to improvement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom