Chief’s Briefs - St John’s Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - St John’s Edition

Reaction Score
Big East officiating is a mess and in crisis. Saw things in the first half I have not seen in 30 years, including an out of control ref going after a fan 50 feet from the court then trying to toss a fan for saying rabbit ears at end of first half from 30 feet away. It is not in the Security handbook how to handle an out of control ref who should be the one tossed. The inmates are running the asylum. Time for a new league commissioner.

Not much to say about the first half other than Hawkins shot over 60% from the field and 100% from the FT while the rest of the team shot about 30% FG and 50% from the line.

In the second half Karaban and Sanogo contributed as well. Jackson was saddled with 4 fouls.

We need to play much better and losing at home is terrible. We are neither defending or exhibiting ball movement. The refs were terrible and Hurley behaved. This 4 out offense doesn’t work. Our best defense today was that early zone. We had 38% more fouls.

Reaction Score
Big East officiating is a mess and in crisis. Saw things in the first half I have not seen in 30 years, including an out of control ref going after a fan 50 feet from the court then trying to toss a fan for saying rabbit ears at end of first half from 30 feet away. It is not in the Security handbook how to handle an out of control ref who should be the one tossed. The inmates are running the asylum. Time for a new league commissioner.

Not much to say about the first half other than Hawkins shot over 60% from the field and 100% from the FT while the rest of the team shot about 30% FG and 50% from the line.

In the second half Karaban and Sanogo contributed as well. Jackson was saddled with 4 fouls.

We need to play much better and losing at home is terrible. We are neither defending or exhibiting ball movement. The refs were terrible and Hurley behaved. This 4 out offense doesn’t work. Our best defense today was that early zone. We had 38% more fouls.
I actually can’t believe you’re complaining about the refs. That’s laughable. Our team legitimately sucks. And you’re complaining about the refs.

14-0 start and we’re a bottom half of the BE team. Funny how that works.

Reaction Score
The Johnnies kicked our butt... Pure and simple... This is certainly not the team play we saw in the 1st 14 games

Reaction Score
My eyes can’t stop bleeding.

I don’t know I define what Alleyene/Newtown are doing on the court as basketball.

Joey C is lost in the sauce

Jackson looked like he had a NIL event to get to.

Sanogo can’t make a decision with the ball unless the ball has been in his hands for 8 seconds.

We run an offense that takes 10 seconds of the clock just to pass it to someone 5ft away on the perimeter.

Can anyone play defense?

LOST IN THE SAUCE

Reaction Score
We have lost our identity.

It was our bench but that's gone. Was our 2 headed monster (DC/AS) but that's gone. Was our outside shooting, but that's gone. Was our defense, but that's gone. Was our ability to make runs in games, but that's gone.

What the hell is left?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s legitimate to complain about the refs. They are incredibly inconsistent. Yeah, the team isn’t playing great, but both things can be true at the same time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yet the coaches know riffing is inconsistent and they waste team fouls and individual fouls using bags with the high screen and running guards off of it.

The play takes part 25' from the hoop and everyone in the arena can watch the play unfold. Any moving or twitching bu the screener is a TO, personal foul and team foul. Three negatives in one play.

Reaction Score

Hate the 4 out! It only works if you have guards that can both shoot and create off the dribble. Neither of which our guards can do consistently. It’s going to be a long rest of the season if this continues. Lack of team confidence is apparent and it’s up to Hurley to fix it.

Reaction Score
We have lost our identity.

It was our bench but that's gone. Was our 2 headed monster (DC/AS) but that's gone. Was our outside shooting, but that's gone. Was our defense, but that's gone. Was our ability to make runs in games, but that's gone.

What the hell is left?
How did every one of these things disintegrate? It’s a legitimate question.

Can anyone provide any redeeming perspective? Is there some silver lining I’m missing like the team will get better in March? They look absolutely abysmal.

Reaction Score
How did every one of these things disintegrate? It’s a legitimate question.

Can anyone provide any redeeming perspective? Is there some silver lining I’m missing like the team will get better in March? They look absolutely abysmal.
Depends on who you ask...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom