Chief’s Briefs- Indiana Edition | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs- Indiana Edition

Reaction Score
What about the Andre Miller comparison? Tristen is a couple inches taller but Andre was never known for his amazing athleticism or great shooting; just a solid playmaker who made everyone else on the team better. Amazing stat: Miller missed only three games due to injury in his 17-year career:eek:
Austin Reeves is the comp.

Reaction Score
I had to post this snippet from the Courant article. It is great that Dan Hurley respects the GOAT. The results were also there against a highly rated Indiana front court. A 44 to 22 rebound advantage. That rebounding drill is brutal - LOL.
IMG_4202.jpeg

Reaction Score
In Castle's absence, both Spenser and Newton have had two strong games, including in each case one showcase game. To the extent that Castle's absence has put the ball into their hands, we have not greatly suffered. We might even have gained. It's a question whether our three-guard offense optimally exploited the strengths of all three of its components. It could be we were underusing Newton and Spenser. Remember that when Castle returns, a good part of his production will not be additional; it will merely be numbers transferred to his stat line from Newton and Spencer's stat line.

I do not suggest that the team won't be stronger in the long run with all three. I merely suggest that, at the moment, Castle's absence is not an unmitigated loss. It is importantly made up by increased production from Newton and Spenser. I like our chances against Texas. I even like our chances against Kansas, but I think they would be better if we do not re-introduce Castle into the lineup for that game.

Reaction Score
In Castle's absence, both Spenser and Newton have had two strong games, including in each case one showcase game. To the extent that Castle's absence has put the ball into their hands, we have not greatly suffered. We might even have gained. It's a question whether our three-guard offense optimally exploited the strengths of all three of its components. It could be we were underusing Newton and Spenser. Remember that when Castle returns, a good part of his production will not be additional; it will merely be numbers transferred to his stat line from Newton and Spencer's stat line.

I do not suggest that the team won't be stronger in the long run with all three. I merely suggest that, at the moment, Castle's absence is not an unmitigated loss. It is importantly made up by increased production from Newton and Spenser. I like our chances against Texas. I even like our chances against Kansas, but I think they would be better if we do not re-introduce Castle into the lineup for that game.
My take is that in the openers the known players (Newton and Spencer) were intentionally taking a bit of a back seat to let the freshman Castle get his sea legs as much as possible. As we're heading into more competitive games you would've seen Newton starting to take over just like he is now, but more extreme with Castle being out

Reaction Score

Castle is a really special player. You can’t overestimate his impact when healthy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom