Chief’s Briefs - Full Columbia Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Full Columbia Edition

C

Chief00

Fight to get up by one then a careless Larrier turnover and a throw away senseless Diarra foul - then no defense on a 3 with 30 seconds left - see a trend? Onto OT!
- I dislike Adams lack of professional preparation but I do like his competitiveness when he decides to play and play hurt.
- Diarra proved Jim Calhoun is right - you should try to rebound!
- Vital should start and I usually say it doesn’t matter who starts. He has moxie.
- Let another thousand students in at student rate.
- Williams is not ready for prime time - summer videos don’t mean much as Chief predicted!
- Polley made a hustle play but needs to polish his game and know when to pass.
- Why can’t we identify 3 shooters and at least be in their zip code???
- Last year we had fake concussions - this year a real sprained ankles epidemic - part of its due to bad flow basketball - bad tape jobs? Poor condition guys? Bad luck?
- Larrier played hurt but doesn’t have skill set, BBIQ and toughness to will some points.
- A win is a win - especially coming from double digits down - Chief going to celebrate! See you at XL Saturday fellows!

Last edited by a moderator:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Cobb needs to get back asap and needs to start over Big Dave. When Dave sets a screen he doesn't roll or post up his man calling for the ball. When Carlton is in he does a great job running down the court calling for the ball and sealing off his man, he never gets the ball. When Carlton posts up they never throw it in to him. Anderson should not shoot a three when it isn't in the flow of the offense or at all. He shoots us out of anything we have going

Reaction Score
Larrier can’t dribble and has zero court vision. He will never be an nba player but he can be a good college player if he gets into the right spots, runs the floor better, and improves his catch and shoot game. Very frustrating to watch because important parts of his game are broken with not enough time to fix.

C

Chief00

Cobb needs to get back asap and needs to start over Big Dave. When Dave sets a screen he doesn't roll or post up his man calling for the ball. When Carlton is in he does a great job running down the court calling for the ball and sealing off his man, he never gets the ball. When Carlton posts up they never throw it in to him. Anderson should not shoot a three when it isn't in the flow of the offense or at all. He shoots us out of anything we have going
Agree Big Dave doesn’t hold screens - he needs to play smarter.

Reaction Score
Larrier can’t dribble and has zero court vision. He will never be an nba player but he can be a good college player if he gets into the right spots, runs the floor better, and improves his catch and shoot game. Very frustrating to watch because important parts of his game are broken with not enough time to fix.
Besides the fact he plays zero defense.

Reaction Score
It blows my mind that a hobbled JA under pressure played better than he did before that. He reminds me of Tim Thomas. A guy who cab dominate when he feels like it, which just isn't often enough. I just feel like he sleep walks through 80% of the game.

Reaction Score
Which half is our real team?????? I like the 2nd half edition.....
Definitely the tale of 2 halves. However, watching the 2nd half it seems that our defense is only activated by our offense, that is disheartening.

C

Chief00

It blows my mind that a hobbled JA under pressure played better than he did before that. He reminds me of Tim Thomas. A guy who cab dominate when he feels like it, which just isn't often enough. I just feel like he sleep walks through 80% of the game.

He needs to take a more professional game prep approach on and off the court. When he gets his juices going he does compete.

Reaction Score
He needs to take a more professional game prep approach on and off the court. When he gets his juices going he does compete.

He's a junior. When do you think he may take that more professional game prep approach on and off the court?

Reaction Score
Mamadou Diarra and Eric Cobb are the only big guys that should be playing going forward. David Onourah is not a player for this level and doesn't give you anything.

Our lineup going forward should either be : Jalen, Vital, Anderson, Polley, and Larrier
or Jalen, Vital,Anderson, Larrier, Mamadou

C

Chief00

He's a junior. When do you think he may take that more professional game prep approach on and off the court?
I wished I knew - it’s up to him - his sense of urgency - does he want to get drafted? How badly does he want it? Will he sacrifice meaningless fun for long term goals?

Calhoun often talked about if WE win, ME wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Mamadou Diarra and Eric Cobb are the only big guys that should be playing going forward. David Onourah is not a player for this level and doesn't give you anything.

Our lineup going forward should either be : Jalen, Vital, Anderson, Polley, and Larrier

Will Cobb's ankle ever heal?

Reaction Score
Vital is very tough but let me see him do this against a P5 school before he starts. The kid is toughest kid on our team and should be on the court in crunch time but let’s not forget coming into this game he was shooting 18percent from three and 24 from 2. Scored 11 points against the three P5 schools we faced.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Carlton

Reaction Score
Hate to say these things because he is a stand up kid and decided to spend his final college season here, but DO is pretty much useless.

Reaction Score
The offense should not be going through Larrier as we tried to force in the first half. Too inconsistent and too many bad decisions. Everybody standing around watching the ball is that a plan? Why does it happen so much? The only green light perimeter shooter should be Vital until someone else shows they can at least hit wide open shots occasionally. Diarra seems to be getting his wings back and showed the kind of positive energy we need.

So far KO hasn't showed he has this sorted out and whatever the plan is he can't shoot the ball for them. But at this point the coaches need to make some decisions on who to play and how to use them. 12 minutes for David and Josh combined. Is he giving up on them, injuries or just poor at developing bigs? Hopefully Carlton just needs time and Cobb can contribute when healthy.

The preseason is way over KO. Figure out what you want this team to be and make it work. Today was abysmal against a lesser team playing 7 road games to start the season.

Reaction Score
Please, not Tim Thomas.

Reaction Score
Hate to say these things because he is a stand up kid and decided to spend his final college season here, but DO is pretty much useless.
Well I'm not sure why we would have expected much. He wasn't even that good on an Ivy League team and he didn't even play last year. It was worth the gamble because Ollie didn't have any other alternatives.

Reaction Score
Well I'm not sure why we would have expected much. He wasn't even that good on an Ivy League team and he didn't even play last year. It was worth the gamble because Ollie didn't have any other alternatives.
Fair, but after that first game everyone was saying he should be the starting center and how good he played. Yeah he got rebounds that game, but hasn’t done anything since. We need the 5 to at least get a couple buckets a game to make defenses at the very least bat an eye at our post player. How many shots has he taken this year, maybe 5?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
You know what's sad? I missed the game to watch two Shameless episodes (okay, I forgot about this game)...and I ain't even pissed about it.

Shameless makes me feel good.
Kevin Ollie makes me feel sad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom