Chief’s Briefs - @ Cincy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - @ Cincy

Reaction Score
Cobb is a Junior.
Out of shape yes. But man. His handle, passing, and rebounding was awesome for the five minutes he played. His handle is beautiful. A dream 4 if he could defend just a little. What were his 40 minute splits last night?

Reaction Score
A couple of box score observations:

David Onuorah played as many minutes as Cobb, Diarra and Whaley COMBINED, despite the fact that Cobb had 4 rebounds in 7 minutes and Onuorah had 1 rebound in 14 minutes.

Our two guards put up 33 shots, yet only had 4 assists.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I didn’t watch for the first time this year. But who the hell played point guard? Anderson? I’m surprised it was that close.

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game either. However the end result does prove one interesting point...we can lose games by 25+ w/ or w/o our best player.

Reaction Score
One of the basics in hoop is shooting and even though the defense is crap shooting under 30% from the field and 3 doesn’t work. whoever plays next year, needs to do that better.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I meant to write Carlton.
No need to be sorry. I really like Carlton. He has sound fundamentals and I really hope he is a solid building block for the next three years. In my mind, he is the best freshman big man we have had in a long time.

Reaction Score
No need to be sorry. I really like Carlton. He has sound fundamentals and I really hope he is a solid building block for the next three years. In my mind, he is the best freshman big man we have had in a long time.

I like him too but like many freshman, he needs to get a lot stronger.

Reaction Score
he feels like a Calhoun player.

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
A couple of box score observations:

David Onuorah played as many minutes as Cobb, Diarra and Whaley COMBINED, despite the fact that Cobb had 4 rebounds in 7 minutes and Onuorah had 1 rebound in 14 minutes.

Our two guards put up 33 shots, yet only had 4 assists.

You can see very quickly why KO would be down on Cobb; he seems to play pretty loose, has a nice outside semi-jumper, decent handle for a big, and oh yeah thinks he's a guard. I can imagine KO seething with rage so hard his very expensive shoes are going to pop off his feet when Cobb dances around the 3 pt line. That said, the best rotation down low would've had JC, Diarra, Cobb, and then DO.

Reaction Score
You can see very quickly why KO would be down on Cobb; he seems to play pretty loose, has a nice outside semi-jumper, decent handle for a big, and oh yeah thinks he's a guard. I can imagine KO seething with rage so hard his very expensive shoes are going to pop off his feet when Cobb dances around the 3 pt line. That said, the best rotation down low would've had JC, Diarra, Cobb, and then DO.
Isn't that what Ollie wants? Remember, positionless basketball.

Reaction Score
Terry Larrier's game will translate better with more spacing, in the G League or wherever. Just like Rodney Purvis's game did.

Reaction Score
Terry Larrier's game will translate better with more spacing, in the G League or wherever. Just like Rodney Purvis's game did.

He'll get strippe by any halfway decent defender. If he develops that handle to an acceptable level and get ls confidence in that knee back, he has potential.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom