Chief’s Briefs - @ Cincy | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - @ Cincy

C

Chief00

I am so tired of the announcers using the conference as an excuse for our failings. Cincy is exhibit A why that’s a foolish argument. And as they admitted we had a top ten class two years ago and they transferred out.

Memo to Jalen Adams - wash your hands a lot in flu season.

UConn really did poorly on grad transfers. Why are we playing Dave O over the younger guys, at least get some benefit of this mess.

Totally overmatched tonight - no nice way to say it.

A couple of games ago, I broke things down and Chief heard posters say what about the bottomline? When a game is as noncompetitive as tonight - no point over analyzing.

I apologize, before the game I thought it was kind of amazing that I kept up with the Briefs despite 30 point blowouts but without Jalen we had problems getting the ball to halfcourt. Give Cronin credit for his press taking advantage of our vulnerability.

Carlton gets his shot blocked too easily. No explosion.

In case there ever was a doubt, Larrier can’t even come close to carrying a team.

Ollie’s always looking for a reason to deep bench Williams - tonight it was an offsetting technical. Not a fan of that either but at least he fought.

Unbelievable how out of shape Cobb looks running the court. At this point in the season, how could he be so out of shape?

I hate being irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Ollie!s always looking for a reason to deep bench Williams - tonight it was an offsetting technical. Not a fan of that either but at least he fought.

I like Kwitin but come on. He had 3 fouls with 7:30 left in the first half.

Reaction Score
Why did Carlton only play 23 minutes? Was he tired?

Reaction Score
We had one player who did not back down and he got benched. Did it matter if he fouled out later in the game?
I hear you but he had 3 fouls in 4 minutes. At that rate, later in the game would've been around the 5 min mark. In the first half.

Reaction Score
I give you guys credit for continuing to watch this mess. I don't know how you do it. I like a good upset as much as anyone but the results these days are preordained. This stuff's not even competitive. Popovich wasn't coaching this team to a win tonight.

Reaction Score
I give you guys credit for continuing to watch this mess. I don't know how you do it. I like a good upset as much as anyone but the results these days are preordained. This stuff's not even competitive. Popovich wasn't coaching this team to a win tonight.
Yeah, well there is always the nice game with ECU were our offense looked good. Though our defense was a no show. I know when they announced Jalen was out there was going to be no chance. I was just hoping that we might see less hero ball without Jalen. Unfortunately there was no crisp offense with passing inside out and just hero ball with guards who are barely qualified to shoot open jumpers. LOL! I quit watching when they got down 23 in the second half. Just isn't to fun to watch this team play. There is no intensity on the boards and skill level is so low it is unbelievable to say this is a UCONN team.

Reaction Score

It is torture and sometimes we all laugh at the absurdity Big Ern but we are trying to see if their is improvement somewhere. Not seeing it unfortunately.

Reaction Score
It is torture and sometimes we all laugh at the absurdity Big Ern but we are trying to see if their is improvement somewhere. Not seeing it unfortunately.

I get it. And I suppose if I thought there was any chance at all that they'd pull an upset I'd watch. But hoping that this squad as it's constituted would get a win at Cincy feels a bit like hoping your high school team catches the Cavs on an off night. When Calhoun took that team without Dyson and Wiggins to Indiana you had a hope they'd nut up and show something. And they did. But putting aside toughness and intangibles, this team just doesn't have enough competent basketball players to even make these games competitive.

Reaction Score
Because we're fans.
Yeah, but even for long die-hard fans this is hard. I know I had to turn it off when we were down 23. I still can't believe what I'm seeing on TV from this UCONN team. It is very disheartening to watch for us diehards how fast the program has fallen off the cliff.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but even for long die-hard fans this is hard. I know I had to turn it off when we were down 23. I still can't believe what I'm seeing on TV from this UCONN team. It is very disheartening to watch for us diehards how fast the program has fallen off the cliff.
It's all a part of being a fan, gotta take your lumps. We have less than a month of this cr@p left before we can be hopeful again.

Reaction Score
It's all a part of being a fan, gotta take your lumps. We have less than a month of this cr@p left before we can be hopeful again.
Yeah, I still have the smallest hope that something will click with this team and we can make a run in the AAC tourney but I'm not naive enough to believe in it. We all know what must me done at season's end so lets just enjoy the rest of the ride the best we can no matter how bumpy it might get.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I still have the smallest hope that something will click with this team and we can make a run in the AAC tourney but I'm not naive enough to believe in it. We all know what must me done at season's end so lets just enjoy the rest of the ride the best we can no matter how bumpy it might get.

Be awful for 30 games then all of a sudden beat several good teams in a row. Yeah, that's going to happen.

Reaction Score
Palatine's critique of Chief Briefs.

I am so tired of the announcers using the conference as an excuse for our failings. Cincy is exhibit A why that’s a foolish argument. And as they admitted we had a top ten class two years ago and they transferred out.

Memo to Jalen Adams - wash your hands a lot in flu season.

Reasonable points, I agree.

UConn really did poorly on grad transfers. Why are we playing Dave O over the younger guys, at least get some benefit of this mess.

Anderson would be a nice third ball handler which is what he brought in to be. Without him we lose by 40 tonight. Chief is clueless as pertains to Anderson.

Totally overmatched tonight - no nice way to say it.

A couple of games ago, I broke things down and Chief heard posters say what about the bottomline? When a game is as noncompetitive as tonight - no point over analyzing.

I apologize, before the game I thought it was kind of amazing that I kept up with the Briefs despite 30 point blowouts but with Jalen we had problems getting the ball to halfcourt. Give Cronin credit for his press taking advantage of our vulnerability.

First, we broke the press and got a ton of easy baskets early on. Cronin had to soften the back court pressure. Second, you shouldn't break your arm patting yourself on the back. That has to hurt.

Carlton gets his shot blocked too easily. No explosion.

Carlton is a young monster. He gets exposed playing against seniors. His "explosion" is NOT a problem, it is knowing what to do in certain situations. In two years his "explosion" will not be an issue. That is just flat out dumb.

In case there ever was a doubt, Larrier can’t even come close to carrying a team.

Obvious. But who has ever thought Larrier should carry us? Straw man.

Ollie!s always looking for a reason to deep bench Williams - tonight it was an offsetting technical. Not a fan of that either but at least he fought.

Complete agree.

Unbelievable how out of shape Cobb looks running the court. At this point in the season,how could he be so out of shape?

WTF are you watching? He looked more in shape than most of the team. His problem isn't stamina or energy, he doesn't channel it properly.

I hate being irrelevant.

That is your fate.

Reaction Score
Yeah, well there is always the nice game with ECU were our offense looked good. Though our defense was a no show. I know when they announced Jalen was out there was going to be no chance. I was just hoping that we might see less hero ball without Jalen. Unfortunately there was no crisp offense with passing inside out and just hero ball with guards who are barely qualified to shoot open jumpers. LOL! I quit watching when they got down 23 in the second half. Just isn't to fun to watch this team play. There is no intensity on the boards and skill level is so low it is unbelievable to say this is a UCONN team.
They only out rebounded us by 4. But I get your point.

Reaction Score
Get that out of your head, there is zero chance we do anything in the AAC tournament. We are terrible but the future will start looking better in the offseason.

Reaction Score
Get that out of your head, there is zero chance we do anything in the AAC tournament. We are terrible but the future will start looking better in the offseason.
I'm trying not to be a debbie downer. LOL!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom