Chennedy Carter Out Of SEC Tournament (at least) | The Boneyard

Chennedy Carter Out Of SEC Tournament (at least)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Texas A&M's Carter (finger) to miss SEC tourney

Carter, a sophomore guard, was hurt during the Aggies' victory Sunday against Arkansas, suffering a fracture to the little finger on her right (shooting) hand. She's had surgery and is expected to be evaluated in 10 days for a return to basketball activities, according to a release Tuesday from Texas A&M.

It was an open reduction and fixation, signaling a messy fracture. Ordinarily rehab cannot begin for the first 7 days post surgery. And study of recovery from such surgeries reveals:

" Before starting rehabilitation, although pain was minimal, the range of motion was severely restricted and there was considerable restriction in ability to work. Most of the recovery in range of motion, pain, strength, hand use and work participation occurred by Week 6, with smaller gains by Week 12 and Week 26. "

See Pattern of recovery after open reduction and internal fixation of proximal phalangeal fractures in the finger: a prospective longitudinal study. - PubMed - NCBI.

Yes, yes, but those studies involve mere mortals you say! Challenging road ahead hor Ms. Carter and the Aggies. A young talent with a great touch and a big career ahead better think long and hard before trying anything heroic.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Apologies Nan, but I just spent 5 minutes looking for that with no luck, so I just will post this and then move on:

According to Blair she has two fractures and had six pins/screws placed. You can see his whole interview in the article below. How good a dribbler/shooter is she left handed?

Texas A&M's Chennedy Carter out with injury until NCAA tournament

Is that new nonUConn board within a board what you are referencing Nan and where is it? The nonUconn news thread is where I wasted 5 minutes.

BTW: I think Blair is slipping farther into what is politely referred to as his dotage if he thinks she can be back in 14 days.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Apologies Nan, but I just spent 5 minutes looking for that with no luck, so I just will post this and then move on:

According to Blair she has two fractures and had six pins/screws placed. You can see his whole interview in the article below. How good a dribbler/shooter is she left handed?

Texas A&M's Chennedy Carter out with injury until NCAA tournament

Is that new nonUConn board within a board what you are referencing Nan and where is it? The nonUconn news thread is where I wasted 5 minutes.

BTW: I think Blair is slipping farther into what is politely referred to as his dotage if he thinks she can be back in 14 days.
It was just an FYI that there was discussion there as well

Reaction Score
I was at the TAMU selection show party yesterday. At the end Coach Blair brought Carter up to address the question on everyone's mind about her finger. She said she's ready to play and then held up her right hand and showed that she can flex all of her fingers.

Blair said she was able to drive and score off a pick in practice.

I think she still has a small butterfly bandage to protect where the stitches were. We'll see how the layoff affects her in terms of losing practice and things like FT reps. I'm going to take off from work on Friday afternoon to watch Round 1. I can literally see Reed Arena from my office.

As an aside, I liked how Blair's criticism of the ESPN selection show didn't focus on them not showing us. He talked about how the teams that had not been in before deserved more attention.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom