Chemistry | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chemistry

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
@Tenspro2002 & @mauconnfan said essentially the same thing, meeting in the middle from two different directions. And there are several more instances here in which I Like comments from folks I generally agree with and folks I have on Ignore.
KO was tapping on a clipboard as he showed it to Anderson during the 16 second time out, and Anderson's head was turned 90 degrees to the right in conversation with Adams. My best hope is that they were talking hoops.

Reaction Score
What I figured, but it's still a weird reaction. Why joke about this stuff? Competitors are normally pissed about this sort of play, win or lose.
Same reason after a nice bucket Jalen acts like we're up 50 when we're really down 20. Same reason we can throw the ball all over the court and leave our man wide open repeatedly. Same reason Vital was jawing all game, not getting back on D, and smiling when we were up 3 at the end. Accountability, there is none of it in this program.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score

Pretty sure Larrier knows he needs to make those when the game is on the line, and that Adams knows his sloppiness with the ball kept the game a lot closer than it should have been. Still, rather childish by both.

Reaction Score
Any chance they were repeating things Ollie mentioned in the locker room post-game? I.E. they were goofing on each-other and ultimately both disrespecting the coach.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There's always truth in humor

Reaction Score
There's always truth in humor
Yup, my thoughts as well. It’s like when someone says stupid crap when they’re drunk and later say they didn’t mean any of it. Has to be in your head to begin with.

Reaction Score
Vital thinks he’s a lot better than he is

This is true but in such a frustrating season, I’ve decided I love Vital. He plays hard, he really cares and he wants to be great. He just seems to have an extreme case of ADD.

Plus, he’s making layups lately!

Reaction Score
This is true but in such a frustrating season, I’ve decided I love Vital. He plays hard, he really cares and he wants to be great. He just seems to have an extreme case of ADD.

Plus, he’s making layups lately!
No I love the kid too and he is a good player, but he talks ALOT during the games, can’t really be doing that is our spot.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
What I figured, but it's still a weird reaction. Why joke about this stuff? Competitors are normally pissed about this sort of play, win or lose.

Exactly right. And I'll go one step further and say that it's not Ollie's style as a player or as a coach.

I really feel like Ollie has to beg some players to adopt toughness on this team, especially those with the most talent. Listen to his post game comments when talking about a couple of players and then watch his tone immediately change when talking about Whaley. Talking about how Whaley is very much in the UConn mold, like many of our past great players.

I know, I know... He's responsible for the roster. But I think it kills him that he can't instill his personality and his toughness into his team's star players...

Reaction Score
Exactly right. And I'll go one step further and say that it's not Ollie's style as a player or as a coach.

I really feel like Ollie has to beg some players to adopt toughness on this team, especially those with the most talent. Listen to his post game comments when talking about a couple of players and then watch his tone immediately change when talking about Whaley. Talking about how Whaley is very much in the UConn mold, like many of our past great players.

I know, I know... He's responsible for the roster. But I think it kills him that he can't instill his personality and his toughness into his team's star players...
If he likes Whalley so much (I do too) what took him so long to start giving him more minutes.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If he likes Whalley so much (I do too) what took him so long to start giving him more minutes.

He got plenty of minutes today. He been getting more minutes as the season has gone on. He's essentially given everyone an opportunity to bring something, and Whaley deserved to continue to get more opportunities. It's as simple as that...

Reaction Score
In the game thread, I noted 2 characteristics about this team, the get lazy on defense at times, and they don't like to pass. They pound the dribble and either put themselves in position for bad turnovers or bad shots.

Joking or not, it sorta explains what you see.

Reaction Score
so a couple 19-21 year olds who spend god knows how many hours together each day can't joke around with each other's shortcomings? harsh crowd..

The boneyard is ridiculous, and takes everything far too seriously.

This is exactly how you’d want them to deal with how each of them played.

This team’s record is because of its lack of ability to do certain fundamental things (shoot pass and rebound primarily). The team is getting better at making a pass and rebounding, they don’t have shooters though..so this team will never be great. There’s just some short comings. I’d rather the team was having fun, than acting like this board.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Does anyone remember the days of brotherhood, family and being ten toes in?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom