OT: - Cheeseburger and Fries Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT: Cheeseburger and Fries Thread

Reaction Score
Oof...this hurts
Don’t be upset, Arby’s fries are the best fast food fry.
Here are my rankings. Note: I'm talking about the actual fry only. Not poutine. Not disco fries. Not truffle fries. Solely the cut of the fry here.

1. Shoestring
  2. Standard cut
  3. Jo Jo Potatoes - The sleeper in fried potatoes.
  4. Tater Tots
  5. Crinkle cut
  6. Curly fries
  7. Sweet Potato fries
  8. Steak fries
  9. Waffle Cut fries

‘Member when Deepster claimed a tater tot was a fry, lol.
Ill mark this thread and come back to it because I got a meat grinding attachment for my Kitchen-Aid and have only played around with it a couple times. I did a Chuck and Brisket mix and grind last week, and it was good but it wasnt as good as I thought it should be or expected it to be. I need to experiment with the fat ratios in the grind and the Chuck to Brisket ratios. Plus the grind itself wasnt at the consitency I wanted.

Way harder than I thought it would be. Lots of work. But a cheeseburger begins and ends with the beef. Would like to fine tune it to a standard and then forget about it and just have a good grind recipe. Going to take a while, dont have the calories or time to spare.

Prime 16 -New Haven
Haywire - Westbrook
Jack Rabbits - old saybrook

You’ve had a couple of months now...

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I had a really awful experience at 5 Guys and it took me 3 years to build up the courage to return. Their burgers are delicious though.

I’ll take their burgers with Wayback burgers fries

Reaction Score
In South Florida, the Sirloin Burger from Le Tub Saloon. In fact, GQ Magazine and Oprah call it the very best. The French fries aren't frozen, they're actually potatoes cut by hand like my grandmother used to make. It's just a couple of miles up the road from me, but ever since the article (see link) got published, it's difficult to get in there.
The 20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die

Reaction Score
No contest. Brick House Pub, Housatonic, MA.
Best burger and best hand cut fries. All grass-fed beef. Freshest lettuce and tomato ever. Jazz playing in the background. Put it in WAZE and take a drive.
IMG_0540.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In South Florida, the Sirloin Burger from Le Tub Saloon. In fact, GQ Magazine and Oprah call it the very best. The French fries aren't frozen, they're actually potatoes cut by hand like my grandmother used to make. It's just a couple of miles up the road from me, but ever since the article (see link) got published, it's difficult to get in there.
The 20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die

I stayed across the street at the Costa last week. It’s good - but let’s not go crazy.

Reaction Score
While in SW Florida for some Spring Training games with my kids, they both ordered the Donut Burger from Brooks Burgers in Naples.

Not my video; but, this is what it looks like -

I did not want to have a heart attack on the spot, so I had the Jamaican burger with a pineapple slice in it that they torched the brown surger right at the table. Different and good.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Cheeburger, cheeburger. No fries- cheeps! No coke - pepsi!
Have you ever been to the real Billy Goat Tavern in Chicago that the SNL cheeseburger bit came from? They actually don’t say “cheeseburger, cheeseburger”. It’s “double cheese, double cheese” but they do say “chips, no fries”. There were more than one at one time, we were at the one under Michigan Ave. not know what’s still there. Lot’s of fun. They hand out paper hats advertising the place which has other stuff besides cheeseburgers but I’m guessing not many people order anything else. Everybody wants to hear their schtick.

Best burgers ever in CT were at Harry’s Place in Colchester. Haven’t been there in decades so I don’t know if they still measure up. They had to be loaded with fat to taste so good. At one time they only had burgers and cheeseburgers.

Reaction Score
I came to conclusion that if I want to eat garbage and shorten my life go across the street to Hot Plate and at least eat something that tastes good.
Once Hattie B’s a small chain of 5 restaurants from Nashville opened up here in Atlanta I don’t even touch chick fil a. You can reheat Hattie B’s chicken in the microwave and it still tastes juicy and fresh unlike the junk they serve at chick fil a. Chick-Fil-A is just the McDonald’s of chicken.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom