Check out this TN fan's blog on Geno . . . | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Check out this TN fan's blog on Geno . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The one you are talking about is where some how DT timed the pass perfectly to get it to a spinning CP and then she scored, right? I don't know how DT timed that pass and how CP was able to spin like that and get the basket. Crazy play.

That play was nuts!! DT and CP3 are on my All-World team and if they played together on a consistent basis they would be making these kinds of spectacular plays all the time......scary

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The link is of a different, merely mortal, DT to DP play.

The play I had in mind was THE Play!

The one you are talking about is where some how DT timed the pass perfectly to get it to a spinning CP and then she scored, right? I don't know how DT timed that pass and how CP was able to spin like that and get the basket. Crazy play.

I think that play was a combination of instinct and the two players knowing one another well.. DT made the pass, before CP was looking, knowing that CP would expect it. And CP knew she was open, expected the pass, so she turned her head in time to see the ball, catch it and lay it in.

Actually, I thought that CP bailed out DT on this play with her athleticism...

DT3 to CP3

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It's great of the Tennessee fans and Summit posters no less, to come here and defend Parker from a few and in the minority criticisms from some Boneyard posters.

It's wonderful that they are able to do that. Too bad UConn fans can't defend Geno, Jones, Cash, Taurasi and everything UConn on The Summit. You can bet there is much more "trashing" going on there. In fact, the blogger that this thread was initially about IS a Summit poster. No surprise there.

So, while it was understandable that Tennessee fans would support Parker and defend her, it's disappointing that the same posters would ignore the "trashing" in that blog considering that is what this thread was about.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

DT3 to CP3

Thanks, Biff. That play was so unforgettably stunning that I will cherish it as a special memory of some remarkable UConn/Lady Vol collaboration for Team USA thattranscends the nit-picks that some "fans" cling to.

Reaction Score
Hope this link works. It is of Candace's facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...a.10150995575613045.420367.59651918044&type=3

It seems like everyone treats Lailaa so well. While Sue was playing with Candace in Russia Candace would tweet pictures of Sue playing tea party with Lailaa. Very cute. Svet also seems close to Candace and Lailaa. I actually think Candace is one of the most popular players with her peers but that might be because of Lailaa.
The real reason Sue and D are nice to lailaa is becouse they want to convince her to go to UConn :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Even in that fetid blog, they couldn't get Candace or Angel to trash Geno, which is what they were looking for, I believe. They seemed fine with their roles, and sure looked happy getting their GOLD metals. It looked to me that all the girls got along well. As mentioned above, Catch said "we grow up..." It's unfortunate that the various fans can't seem to grow up.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
The real reason Sue and D are nice to lailaa is becouse they want to convince her to go to UConn :rolleyes:
Does UCONN have a fashion department? That might be more likely than basketball.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Orange fans are probably still crying about Parker's role. they will point to her 21 point performance in the finals as proof. Well, she played nothing like what Team USA wanted in the finals. She insisted on bringing the ball up the court, played a bunch of 1 on 1, even tho she belonged in the post, and even took some deep outside shots. I know Geno was impressed with her skills, but she forgot to play team ball. She scored 21 points because the game became all about Candace Parker for her, not Team USA.

Ummm NO. :confused: What were you watching?

She scored 21 points because she busted her butt on the boards, running the floor, made great cuts, set picks for pick and rolls. She played outstanding "team" basketball in the Gold medal game.

Some of yuse guys are as bad as the checkerboarders. Geez.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
CP turned the wrong way and made a GREAT play to catch the pass.

It was miscommunication between the 2 players. This is the disadvantage of Team USA. They don't get much time to prepare together and build a chemistry with each other. Sue and Candace have really good chemistry together, but they play together overseas. This upcoming season, DT will be joining them on the same team. By the time the next Olympics rolls around, those 2 will be very good together. This chemistry could also be seen with Whelan, Maya, and Seimone. There was one game where the team was struggling and those 3 were on the court together when the team made a run. Tina and Asjha also have good chemistry together and their trust factor with each other on defense aided them in defending Australia. A large part of defense is trust that built between the teammates.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It was miscommunication between the 2 players. This is the disadvantage of Team USA. They don't get much time to prepare together and build a chemistry with each other. Sue and Candace have really good chemistry together, but they play together overseas. This upcoming season, DT will be joining them on the same team. By the time the next Olympics rolls around, those 2 will be very good together. This chemistry could also be seen with Whelan, Maya, and Seimone. There was one game where the team was struggling and those 3 were on the court together when the team made a run. Tina and Asjha also have good chemistry together and their trust factor with each other on defense aided them in defending Australia. A large part of defense is trust that built between the teammates.

I am not being insulting here, so don't be so defensive. Parker turned TOWARDS the defender. Taurasi led her away. But Parker made an amazing recovery and fantastic atheltic play to catch the pass and make a layup.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ummm NO. :confused: What were you watching?

She scored 21 points because she busted her butt on the boards, running the floor, made great cuts, set picks for pick and rolls. She played outstanding "team" basketball in the Gold medal game.

Some of yuse guys are as bad as the checkerboarders. Geez.
Ummmm YES. That was my observation of her before she got benched, and in parts during the last game. She's a great athlete and can do wonderful things with the ball. but she was not playing team ball. she's the only player on the team who did not instantly pass the ball to a PG on her way up the court.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Ummmm YES. That was my observation of her before she got benched, and in parts during the last game. She's a great athlete and can do wonderful things with the ball. but she was not playing team ball. she's the only player on the team who did not instantly pass the ball to a PG on her way up the court.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You may be right, but I doubt it. It goes against what Geno and 4 UConn players on team USA said, when asked about Candace. One player spoke about the great adavantage she gave the team because she could bring the ball up! Geno had 2 complaints - that he didn't feel she always brings it, and she doesn't play as much in the post as he would like (that said, he also downplayed that in a quote I read).

Candace's style would never have fit in at UConn. I don't think it would work with a Rutgers style. It is ideal for the pros. I disliked her as a college player, but never because I thought she was a selfish player. It was more a 'tude thing, and she doesn't seem to have it anymore.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You may be right, but I doubt it. It goes against what Geno and 4 UConn players on team USA said, when asked about Candace. One player spoke about the great adavantage she gave the team because she could bring the ball up! Geno had 2 complaints - that he didn't feel she always brings it, and she doesn't play as much in the post as he would like (that said, he also downplayed that in a quote I read).

Candace's style would never have fit in at UConn. I don't think it would work with a Rutgers style. It is ideal for the pros. I disliked her as a college player, but never because I thought she was a selfish player. It was more a 'tude thing, and she doesn't seem to have it anymore.

Well said, and despite the misunderstanding of some the slight criticism of CP3 I have made it is about how much more she can be, not about how weak or poor that she is. She isn't. She is a great athlete I just see areas for growth still. Most of it is in willingness to do whatever is asked or needed defensively for the team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sorry eric, your observation in this game is just out to lunch. Parker was MVP/MOTM/POG (whatever you want to call it) for this game. Just a tremendous game for her and the team. I highly doubt Geno or her teammates thought she was not being a "team player".

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
What does this blogger know, that I don't know? :confused:

Team USA won an Olympic gold medal. Their record was a perfect 8-0. They won games by the largest margin of victory of any prior Team USA dream team at 34.4 ppg. Yet Geno mismanaged personnel? :rolleyes:

Was Geno supposed to start Parker over Catchings? ;)

Reaction Score
Put me in the camp that thinks Candace played a great game yesterday. She busted her butt on the boards and also made a lot of nice cuts. She may have taken an extra shot or two, but that's what a coach wants a 'hot' player to do. I highly doubt Geno had any complaints.

As for the whole body of work it was good - very good. She fit in well on the team and said all the right things.

The fact that Geno had a few quotes about her is more positive than anything. He's made similar quotes about all our best players. It shows he thinks she's great and he's trying to get a little more out of her. Just Geno being Geno.
It's easy to see why that would tweak the Vol fans. It would tweak us if Pat Summitt had a negative quote on a UConn player, if she had been coach. To Parker's credit, she didn't lash out about it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Put me in the camp that thinks Candace played a great game yesterday. She busted her butt on the boards and also made a lot of nice cuts. She may have taken an extra shot or two, but that's what a coach wants a 'hot' player to do. I highly doubt Geno had any complaints.

Isn't her performance in the final game been just one more example Geno's top-notch coaching. Taking an elite player to another level.

Reaction Score
I was thinking..If Geno doesn't Coach in 2016, who will you guys pick to replace him? My vote is Mrs McGraw, she has done great things so far.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I wish GA would coach again, the men's side seems to have benefited from the continuity. He may not want it, though. It's a big time commitment.

they talked about who would be the next coach, and Dawn Staley's name came up a lot. I don't know if I see it, though. So did Mulkey's.

Reaction Score
It would awesome if Geno can do it again, but like you said, its a big commitment. I can see Mulkey before Dawn

Reaction Score

DT3 to CP3
I see this play differently. When Candace made her cut down the lane, there were no defenders within 3 feet of her so there was no doube in either player's mind that the ball would be coming. CP glanced back mid cut and saw where the ball was thrown. For a player of her physical gifts, the spin move, catch and score was an easy thing. To the crowd, the play looked spectacular, but to the two players involved, it was a layup drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom