Chasing Kiki Rice -A waste of UConn's time? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Chasing Kiki Rice -A waste of UConn's time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Besides milking cows... what other outside of the classroom things are to UConn's advantage over Duke, Stanford, Arizona, or UCLA?
Fame. UConn played reach “legendary status” This is the age of fame for these kids.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Early signing period starts on Nov 10 and ends on Nov 17.
Besides completing all 5 of her official visits before the early signing period has there been any indication on social media that Kiki intends to sign during the early signing period? Might this thing drag on beyond next month?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Besides completing all 5 of her official visits before the early signing period has there been any indication on social media that Kiki intends to sign during the early signing period? Might this thing drag on beyond next month?
KiKi Rice and anyone close to KiKi Rice has gone radio silent when it comes to who, when & where she will sign an NLI. Part of me thinks it’s great that a teenage girl doesn’t feel the need to post her every thought on social media. The UConn fan part of me wants to know yesterday that she’s coming to Storrs.

Personally, I am hoping to see a photo of her signing her NLI on the hood of her dad’s car sometime during the 2nd week of November. I figure that’s a good sign.

Reaction Score
Is weather ever a factor? With school year going from September to May, all the winter months are in play. The winter is nicer for sure in California and North Carolina although it still can get cold there, but nothing like UConn. Just wondering
I don't think so. These are huskies we're talking about here.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Kiki obviously has a great future in Basketball and the choice is really between 2 places- Stanford and UConn and the others aren't even close. Tara is a great basketball mind and is beloved by her players. She has produced many WNBA stars and is a proven elite coach. The deciding factor is simply which is easier for her parents to go and see her play. UConn is on national tv more and is a drivable distance for them-maybe the Rice family could car pool with the Fudd's? :rolleyes:

Add in the fact that she attended 1st night with Ice and Ayanna is also a signal that she would be playing with 2 promising post players, one of whom she already played with. I am definitely more optimistic on this recruit playing for UConn due to all the above comments and posts from our many knowledgeable colleagues. Has she made any comments on when she will formally announce? My guess is the Nov signing period...
Not fair, not true! The Duke WBB players decided to suspend the season. Kara supported the players decisions.
The players had some very valid concerns and wanted assurances that opposing players were receiving the same level of testing and following similar protocols. Neither the NCAA nor the ACC could provide the Duke players with those assurance so they decided to act in what they though was their best interest. The entire Ivy league did not play sports last year, are you considering them quitters also?
Fair or not fair, it is true. Duke started the season and then elected to stop. The NCAA and ACC deferred to the individual schools to establish protocols in alignment with their local and state mandates. So you have your take on whether they were justified and I have mine. The Duke men’s team had to follow the same protocols that the women had to follow and they seemed to go along until COVID hit the team in March.

As leader of the program, yes, I expected Kara to act as the leader and guide the young ladies. She did not.
As far as the Ivy League, the league made a universal decision for all sports and it was out of all the programs hands.
The real problem is the fact the Duke Men’s team continued but yet the Women did not. What was the difference?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
:D Yes it is. As much as these players work out in the summer they want to sweat as much as possible while they are doing it.
Have you ever tried to get a good run in Arizona from May to September.
Gee that sounds wonderful. Just the same I think I'll stick to moderately humid summers I have here. Not exactly a dry heat, more neutral. I've visited my brother in Ohio and Virginia several times, the humidity was never terrible when I was there but I'll still pass, thanks anyway!

Reaction Score
:D Yes it is. As much as these players work out in the summer they want to sweat as much as possible while they are doing it.
Have you ever tried to get a good run in Arizona from May to September.

You sweat just as much, the moisture just evaporates quicker so your clothes aren't soaked.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Since KiKi has cut her schools down to 5, the only suspense left is her final decision and tell the world where she will be going to school. I imagine she will make and announce her decision on Nov. 10. Alot of former recruits have said that they want their senior year to be memorable, and by making their decision on that day relieves them of all the recruiting pressure and questions by media, friends, and annoying fans on basketball forums.

Reaction Score
Well, I guess that's about as clear as it gets. Wouldn't want her to sully herself with the unwashed, uneducated, deadbeat and dreamless masses associated with UConn.

can't you say the same thing about Duke? That is closer in her proximity. Also a Stanford, Duke, or Yale education overtops anything Uconn it’s and gals rephas to offer in Nil. I agree with the poster that said she is looking for more than basketball, also she plays soccer if I am correct. Stanford and the Pac 12 have a great soccer conference.
I graduated from UConn and during the course of my career had a number of Ivy League guys and gals reporting to me . Let me first say that I very much value and respect everyone seeking a “good education “ and I, for one, sincerely believe I received, just that, at Connecticut. Based strictly from a future occupational standpoint—-what doors won’t be opening for KiKi should she decide to attend and graduate from UConn—assuming she has the needed qualifications? Additionally, I would think ( based on known past UConn bb grads’ successes) it would seem that various “athletic doors”can potentially open, post-graduation, that lead to the opportunities for management, and other desirable positions—within the sport ( witness Rene Montgomery, Swin Cash). Bottom line, should “Uconn” attendance/ graduation, (a valid factor for consideration ) pose that great of a handicap in player recruitment ? I’m obviously biased …but somehow I think not.

Reaction Score
I graduated from UConn and during the course of my career had a number of Ivy League guys and gals reporting to me . Let me first say that I very much value and respect everyone seeking a “good education “ and I, for one, sincerely believe I received, just that, at Connecticut. Based strictly from a future occupational standpoint—-what doors won’t be opening for KiKi should she decide to attend and graduate from UConn—assuming she has the needed qualifications? Additionally, I would think ( based on known past UConn bb grads’ successes) it would seem that various “athletic doors”can potentially open, post-graduation, that lead to the opportunities for management, and other desirable positions—within the sport ( witness Rene Montgomery, Swin Cash). Bottom line, should “Uconn” attendance/ graduation, (a valid factor for consideration ) pose that great of a handicap in player recruitment ? I’m obviously biased …but somehow I think not.
Thank you, thank you.
My 2 cents were my opinion of a beautiful environment, a wonderful education and a plethora of post graduate opportunities both athletically and professionally ( off the court)
Wanna split hairs, have at it.
New England in the fall is drop dead gorgeous.
Snow is pretty too.
Hell, all FOUR seasons are fantastic.
( don’t get that on Tobacco Road-where August is oppressive)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
You sweat just as much, the moisture just evaporates quicker so your clothes aren't soaked.
Hiking in the Sierras, evaporation can be instantaneous. No visible sweat, but you do get some nice salt deposits on your clothes after a while. It's kinda weird.

I'm not sure if that's quite true though. Sweating allows you to pass heat from your body via convection. If the humidity of the air is 90% or whatever, the air can't accept any more moistue, so sweating doesn't work. You aren't passing off heat, so you just keep sweating indefinitely.

Reaction Score
Kiki obviously has a great future in Basketball and the choice is really between 2 places- Stanford and UConn and the others aren't even close. Tara is a great basketball mind and is beloved by her players. She has produced many WNBA stars and is a proven elite coach. The deciding factor is simply which is easier for her parents to go and see her play. UConn is on national tv more and is a drivable distance for them-maybe the Rice family could car pool with the Fudd's? :rolleyes:

Add in the fact that she attended 1st night with Ice and Ayanna is also a signal that she would be playing with 2 promising post players, one of whom she already played with. I am definitely more optimistic on this recruit playing for UConn due to all the above comments and posts from our many knowledgeable colleagues. Has she made any comments on when she will formally announce? My guess is the Nov signing period...

Fair or not fair, it is true. Duke started the season and then elected to stop. The NCAA and ACC deferred to the individual schools to establish protocols in alignment with their local and state mandates. So you have your take on whether they were justified and I have mine. The Duke men’s team had to follow the same protocols that the women had to follow and they seemed to go along until COVID hit the team in March.

As leader of the program, yes, I expected Kara to act as the leader and guide the young ladies. She did not.
As far as the Ivy League, the league made a universal decision for all sports and it was out of all the programs hands.
The real problem is the fact the Duke Men’s team continued but yet the Women did not. What was the difference?
yea how dare Kara stop playing basketball, basketball is more important than a pandemic that has killed over 500k ppl. Basketball is more important! Sometimes I forget fan is short for fanatic.

Reaction Score

$$$

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Fame. UConn played reach “legendary status” This is the age of fame for these kids.

Meh. Not all of them reach legendary status. Plus reaching legendary status isn't the main goal of every teenaged athlete. (although i admit that i don't know any teenaged athletes so I could be wrong)

Thank you, thank you.
My 2 cents were my opinion of a beautiful environment, a wonderful education and a plethora of post graduate opportunities both athletically and professionally ( off the court)
Wanna split hairs, have at it.
New England in the fall is drop dead gorgeous.
Snow is pretty too.
Hell, all FOUR seasons are fantastic.
( don’t get that on Tobacco Road-where August is oppressive)
300px-And_I_Took_That_Personally.jpg

August is oppressive.... to old people. When i was a young lad... the summers of Tobacco Road didn't faze me at all. As I have gotten older though... yeah... the summer can be oppressive at times. As a counterpoint.. the weather up there in the winter can be the brutal as well. Yeah, you can have more snowball fights in Connecticut than in NC or Cali, or Arizona..... but you can also have more below freezing days as well. We have 4 distinct seasons down here as well... Spring is fantastic... Fall is wonderful... and lasts into December. Winters are kinda mild for the most part.

Reaction Score
KiKi Rice and anyone close to KiKi Rice has gone radio silent when it comes to who, when & where she will sign an NLI. Part of me thinks it’s great that a teenage girl doesn’t feel the need to post her every thought on social media. The UConn fan part of me wants to know yesterday that she’s coming to Storrs.

Personally, I am hoping to see a photo of her signing her NLI on the hood of her dad’s car sometime during the 2nd week of November. I figure that’s a good sign.
Relax. She’s on her way. ;)

Reaction Score
Meh. Not all of them reach legendary status. Plus reaching legendary status isn't the main goal of every teenaged athlete. (although i admit that i don't know any teenaged athletes so I could be wrong)
Yes you don't know what you are saying ... LOL

Reaction Score
Kiki obviously has a great future in Basketball and the choice is really between 2 places- Stanford and UConn and the others aren't even close. Tara is a great basketball mind and is beloved by her players. She has produced many WNBA stars and is a proven elite coach.
Tara's a fine coach but has the personality of a high school librarian..........Geno on the other hand is as entertaining as almost any stand up comic.............that's gotta be worth something.......:eek:

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
Besides milking cows... what other outside of the classroom things are to UConn's advantage over Duke, Stanford, Arizona, or UCLA?
Free Chipotle products 30 minutes away from the campus c/o Azzi :D

Reaction Score

View attachment 70535

August is oppressive.... to old people. When i was a young lad... the summers of Tobacco Road didn't faze me at all. As I have gotten older though... yeah... the summer can be oppressive at times. As a counterpoint.. the weather up there in the winter can be the brutal as well. Yeah, you can have more snowball fights in Connecticut than in NC or Cali, or Arizona..... but you can also have more below freezing days as well. We have 4 distinct seasons down here as well... Spring is fantastic... Fall is wonderful... and lasts into December. Winters are kinda mild for the most part.
You’re probably communicating with one of the few Yankees that has ever Barned Tobacco.
Picked it, barned it, cured it and brought it to auction.
Tobacco field is a close to Hades as you can get on earth. Sweat your brains out and get covered in tar.
My Mom wanted me to experience farm life.
Brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32