Chasing Kiki Rice -A waste of UConn's time? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Chasing Kiki Rice -A waste of UConn's time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From what i've seen from some of the recruits the past 2 classes a lot of kids in the past would run to Uconn so they could be guaranteed a title. Well the past 5 seasons Uconn has not gotten a ntl title so two things imo have happened: players feel that it's wide open more than ever and can win a ntl title at a school that is not a proven power and the other is players want to build their own legacy and not just be another player at Uconn. I know ppl feel that is not that case that at Uconn many can be their own woman, but if Kiki joins Uconn it would feel like building a "superteam". I feel like she would want to build her own legacy and Duke definitely is a start of something special brewing with Kara.

Reaction Score
You’re probably communicating with one of the few Yankees that has ever Barned Tobacco.
Picked it, barned it, cured it and brought it to auction.
Tobacco field is a close to Hades as you can get on earth. Sweat your brains out and get covered in tar.
My Mom wanted me to experience farm life.
Brutal.
Lol far from the only northerner to work the tobacco fields

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
You’re probably communicating with one of the few Yankees that has ever Barned Tobacco.
Tobacco field is a close to Hades as you can get on earth. Sweat your brains out and get covered in tar.
Brutal.
Been there, did tht, Hated it.

Reaction Score
I think it simply comes down to how much she values opportunity basketball wise. If she values it enough, she will be at UCONN as that is clearly and absolutely the best opportunity compared to ANY other program!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Brutal.

Lol far from the only northerner to work the tobacco fields

Been there, did tht, Hated it.

Funny I loved it did it all fit 3 years except for hanging in the barn I was to short
Lot of people don't realize there are (were) tobacco fields in CT and WMass. Connecticut Shade tobacco. Used for wrapper.

Reaction Score
Lot of people don't realize there are (were) tobacco fields in CT and WMass. Connecticut Shade tobacco. Used for wrapper.
Not sure how much tobacco is grown here now I hate driving to the airport and seeing the barns knocked down not sure if they are empty fields now or being developed

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I hear some of the best you can buy.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Tobacco is also a big cash crop in Canada

Reaction Score
Brutal.
Ah, your comments bring back some memories - tobacco, Connecticut River valley in Mass. - the Sunderland, Hadley, Deerfield areas. Did all that work as a teenager, suckering the plants, picking the leaves, packing them out. Hot as hell in those fields under the nets. Finally got to drive some of the tobacco trucks to take the leaves to the barns. Fond memories now - a bit sweaty back then. But I saved enough to get my first pair of contact lenses one of those summers. :)

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Worked the tobacco fields when I was 15 in Cromwell, Ct. Picking suckers was the worst, especially when it rained the night before. Picked the leaves and placed in baskets. Hands full of tar, in the tub for an hour trying to get clean. Sometimes I was lucky enough to work in the barns, which was where the girls were with their sewing machines. This was the only place you could work if not yet 16, for $1.10 an hour. Decided at this point that this would not be my profession.

Reaction Score
Ah, your comments bring back some memories - tobacco, Connecticut River valley in Mass. - the Sunderland, Hadley, Deerfield areas. Did all that work as a teenager, suckering the plants, picking the leaves, packing them out. Hot as hell in those fields under the nets. Finally got to drive some of the tobacco trucks to take the leaves to the barns. Fond memories now - a bit sweaty back then. But I saved enough to get my first pair of contact lenses one of those summers. :)
I worked broadleaf for 2.47 an hour

Reaction Score
Did mine in North Carolina.
Also dug potatoes with a horse drawn plow.
Picked cotton.
Pulled peanuts.
Loaded watermelon onto a wagon and brought it over to a pig pen for the hogs.
Did it for free with extended, out of state family.
Well worth it to get to drive a tractor at the age of 11.
Would do it again tomorrow.
(maybe skip pickin’ tobacco).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member