OT: - Charlotte Hornets fire HC James Borrego | The Boneyard

OT: Charlotte Hornets fire HC James Borrego

Reaction Score
Let’s just say, the situation between him and Bouk was not fixable. If they were winning more, Borrego would still be there obviously. But to say the relationship between Borrego and Bouk was rocky is an understatement. Borrego wanted to get rid of Bouknight.

Reaction Score
Thank god.
No one can be pop, but pop.

Exciting news in Charlotte. I might buy season tix next year if Kupchak gets this hire right...

Reaction Score
Ncaa Basketball Love GIF by BIG EAST Conference

Reaction Score
Let’s just say, the situation between him and Bouk was not fixable. If they were winning more, Borrego would still be there obviously. But to say the relationship between Borrego and Bouk was rocky is an understatement. Borrego wanted to get rid of Bouknight.
Do you know why he wanted rid of him?

Reaction Score
Do you know why he wanted rid of him?
From what I was told, Borrego was locked into another player in that spot where they drafted Bouk, so he didn’t really want him (although that wasn’t a huge deal). An incident occurred in Vegas and they got off to a rocky start. Everyone saw the incident on the bench when Borrego said something bad to Bouk and Bouk got in his grill, which again, was brewing for awhile. Borrego was having issues with the younger players and keeping them in line to a certain degree. Once the incident on the sideline happened, he wanted Bouk gone. It was not a good situation after that.

Reaction Score
Fresh chance for Bouknight, but maybe also his last chance.

If two separate head coaches decide they don't want to deal with their recent lottery pick, that's hard to come back from.

Reaction Score
This felt like the easiest of decisions. You've got a team full of young talent. Get someone who will actually develop the talent.
Kenny Atkinson did a nice job developing players with the Nets before they traded all of them and fired him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree that is may be a fresh chance for Bouknight but I don't think his relationship with bouk had anything to do with the firing. More than likely Lamelo wanted him gone and/or getting blown out in the play-in game two years in a row.

Reaction Score
He’s always had bad relationships with young players. I’ve said it many times on this board. He has a history of having blow ups with players on the sidelines. Yet many on this board blamed Bouk. He’s an a**hole

It’s not zero sum. Bouk rubs people the wrong way because he’s arrogant beyond his years.

Reaction Score
Kenny Atkinson did a nice job developing players with the Nets before they traded all of them and fired him.
Just came to say the same thing, Atkinson should be the guy. I also would like them to take a look at Jarron Collins, was in Golden State under Kerr and is now in New Orleans with Willie Green.

Reaction Score
this is good for james and better for charlotte. there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of sympathy for the coach anywhere out there.

lot of moving parts on this roster, so bouk just gotta show up and see if he can carve out a role for next season. he should get more than enough looks to contribute (especially if they are going to lose martin and/or bridges). hope it works out well for him

so look at it as a second chance or a fresh start....either way still too soon to call it a "last chance".

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ok, im totally confoosed. once upon a time (last season), there was a poster here named 'abe' who many of youse swooned, ad nauseum, over, notwithstanding his providing no more 411 on james' situation than danny.
where is that swami when we really need him to figger this all out?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Thank goodness. Maybe Charlotte will actually start using some of their young guys instead of investing in players like IT and Plumlee instead.

It’s probably best if they move Gordon Hayward at some point too. They need a big or to play one of their young bigs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom