Charlotte...8 FT's in under 2 seconds to win it.... | The Boneyard

Charlotte...8 FT's in under 2 seconds to win it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And he missed 3 of the 11! It could have been 11 points in 5 seconds. Wow!

Reaction Score
the talking head on ESPN think those refs should be sat down for the rest of the tourney.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't agree.

The hard foul on the free throw was certainly a technical foul - that was stupid.

The foul on the inbounds was called a shooting foul - I might not have made that judgement, but it's not outrageous.

From there, it's all on the coach. He's on the court - that has to be a technical foul and at that point, the next tech and ejection are academic. The write-ups say he lost control - eh, he was on the court, but hardly out of his mind. He definitely earned the tech though. He was angry, and mistaken, about Henry being allow to take the free throws on the first technical and then the call on the shooting foul, plus the sure loss, hit him and he kinda handled it...poorly.

But, outside of calling the inbounds foul a shooting foul, (three shots instead of two), I don't see much to complain about.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
And it all started when the fouled on purpose to keep Charlotte from attempting a tying three.

Reaction Score
just watched the entire sequence on nbc sports, what I found more amazing than the ending was the UNCC coach's hairline, WTF is this guy thinking? shave your damn head man

A-wghzNCMAIg0SO.jpg:thumb

Reaction Score
I thought this was going to be about the Bobcats...anyway that was a very bizzare finish and obviously a tough way to lose.

Reaction Score
The tech is sort of unusual circumstances to use as evidence, but the last foul shows how easy it is for a heady player to get a shot up when he sees a foul coming.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
The tech is sort of unusual circumstances to use as evidence, but the last foul shows how easy it is for a heady player to get a shot up when he sees a foul coming.

Agreed, cuz there is always a chance that the ref makes a horrible call and rewards you. What is there to lose once there's contact and a whistle?

Reaction Score
Well Richmond team and fans certainly will not think the ending was fair. Its just amazing how when you think you have seen everything something new pops up. Up 3 with 5 secs left and that team loses by 5?? I would have hate to have lost money on that game.

Some players however do the dumbest of things.

Reaction Score
Yarders may recall Pitt's idiots losing in the Dance when an opposing player 90 feet from the basket was fouled and the resulting 3 free throws cost them the game AND season.

Reaction Score
[quote="Kitaman, post: 540234, member: 6

Some players however do the dumbest of things.[/quote]

^ This.

I'm not a fan of the whole, "foul when you're up three" strategy. You just don't know what could happen. I like great defense, and if you have faith in that D, then you should force the other team into a tough three. Worst case scenario, OT.

Especially if you players have very low BBall IQ's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom