Charlie Strong is a fraud | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Charlie Strong is a fraud

Reaction Score
Clearly didn't watch the game.

They are so poorly coached it's amazing.

Explain Texas when you get a chance.

You can blame Texas on Mack Brown. Texas fans blamed Brown for poor recruiting and uninspired offense during his last four years (21 losses was way too many after two 1 loss seasons). Texas fans expected a 1-2 year turnaround period. Three years was way too long.

I think it's apparent that many Uconn fans will take the opportunity (if it's needed) to blame Diaco for the next three years.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Beats Temple by 35
Gets called a fraud by another team's fan

Guys how bad is Temple this year?

Reaction Score
Yeah. What about Temple?

They look like a shadow of anything that was good in that Program the last 5 years - and I called out that Collins would struggle. Chief rules in self promotion

Reaction Score
Like we should talk. We employed the biggest fraud in college football and fell for fish cakes, hook line and sinker.
THIS.. out of all the comments on this thread THIS should be the one that should close this thread...

huskymedic - do your thing bro

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
What a joke his teams are. You can't play stupider than they do.

Who blocks a punt and gives up 26 yards of field position? USF. That's who.

Fraud is a strong word (pun intended). But I do think he is average at best. I think he is a good recruiter and will get plenty of talent to attend USF. He will probably do ok there. I would guess he will have 8 to 10 win teams and be at USF for a long time. He probably isn't good enough to get another p5 shot, but there is nothing wrong with 8 to 10 win seasons at USF.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Teddy Bridgewater should get 5% of every Strong paycheck.

How about the Louisville AD?

Had Bridgewater not shown up and revamped their program, we'd be in the ACC.

People forget how bad they got under Kragthorpe.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not just another teams fan though. A fan of possibly the worst team in 1a.

So because I'm a UConn fan I'm not allowed to notice Charie Strong is wildly overrated.

That makes sense.

Sorry you like UConn you aren't allowed to have opinions.

Have you chimed in on the Nebraska thread to let everyone know they aren't allowed to share thoughts on that program or coach?

Reaction Score
He had to cut loose some good talent to clean up the program (which is one of the main reasons he was hired). But losing that talent cost him in the end.
.[/QUOTE

Sounds exactly what happened to Edsall at Maryland. Edsall was brought in to clean up the football program, hence losing at least 25 players, which made the MD fans unhappy. Sometimes you can't win for losing ( my grandmothers favorite saying).

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Yeah. What about Temple?

They look like a shadow of anything that was good in that Program the last 5 years - and I called out that Collins would struggle. Chief rules in self promotion

I predicted that Temple would have a mediocre year based on one big fact. PJ Walker is no longer the QB. It's hard to overstate how much of a difference he made for them over the last few years. Yes, they have a different head coach, but that QB made all the difference in my opinion...

Reaction Score
I predicted that Temple would have a mediocre year based on one big fact. PJ Walker is no longer the QB. It's hard to overstate how much of a difference he made for them over the last few years. Yes, they have a different head coach, but that QB made all the difference in my opinion...
Speaking of Temple, how bad did our former recruit Logan Marchi. Did he do it all with mirrors in High School at St Paul's I believe. Throwing into double coverage all the time will get you picked off.

Reaction Score

Here's my key (and I qualify this since Pasqualoni): ... watch New Head Coaches create a Staff

Edsall was confident and firmed up a contract that allowed him to get a good 15 strong guys. Collins - after Ruhle - stumbled. GC has a good recruiting reputation; and supposedly Matt Ruhle recommended him. But ... a lot slipped from December through August. Temple falling to half of their 10 win seasons was an easy prediction.

YES. I agree on the QB. In College Football, having a strong solid QB is crucial.

Reaction Score
Charlie Strong is not a fraud. Is he a top 20 college football coach? Probably not, but he is a good football coach. He took over a mess at Louisville as Kragthorpe tanked the program going 5-7 and 4-8 his last 2 years including 2-12 in the Big East. Strong went 7-6 and 3-4 in the Big East his first year with Adam From an and Justin Burke as his QBs. He went 7-6 and 5-2 in the Big East his second season as he fired his offensive coordinator after 5 games due to lack of offense even with Bridgewater as QB.

I think you can fault him for being too loyal to his assistant coaches at Texas, which is a flaw of many coaches. He cleaned up Texas, but it just wasn't producing results. In the end, it seems he was just not a good fit at Texas. He probably would have been a better fit at Florida, but I think he will be a great fit at USF and I think he will do well there.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF kept Temple to less than 90 yards in total offense. Temple was -4 yards in rushing.

This USF DEFENSE, under Charlie Strong, is MUCH better than that last year under Taggart.

Flowers had a relatively poor night and USF still scored 43 points.

The defense didn't allow a single point.

I'm pretty confidant that most UConn fans would trade coaches, if given the chance.

Reaction Score
And yet they remain the top revenue team in cfb. Texas can change money donors like we do socks.
Didn't say they lost donors. I said a couple whales never wanted him and some of the things big boosters do down there didn't happen.

Reaction Score
Watch the game last night and then tell me he's a good coach.
I trust your analysis on many things, so I am not doubting you. I chalk it up to a bad night. But, he had a bad night coaching and his team still won big. I don't believe in luck

Reaction Score
Didn't say they lost donors. I said a couple whales never wanted him and some of the things big boosters do down there didn't happen.

I'm not disputing what you said, sorry it came off that way. I'm just saying they can squirt their shorts and still be flush with the ladies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I trust your analysis on many things, so I am not doubting you. I chalk it up to a bad night. But, he had a bad night coaching and his team still won big. I don't believe in luck

Their players are slightly better than Temple's....

Reaction Score
The crowd there looks pitiful on TV. Say what you want about our fan base, but if we were #21 in the country, there wouldn't be an empty seat at the Rent, especially for a prime time game.
Right....and all those fans have zero-clean-up after a hurricane! Come-on, if a team can't travel pre-hurricane, what do you expect post hurricane. If I had a fire in my house, do you think I'm going to a UConn football game, I need to pull resources, figure out where my family and I are going to stay...now multiply this problem by 100. The need for drinking water, using a toilet, getting power, and all my local family members and friends are looking for their own supply of resources and not having much to offer! But sure, who needs, food, water, clothes, and shelter, in fact I'll get in my flooded car and just drive over, perhaps I'll stop by the Best Buy on the way home, to watch the re-broadcast, when I eventually have a roof, a non-flooded house, and power!

Reaction Score
USF kept Temple to less than 90 yards in total offense. Temple was -4 yards in rushing.

This USF DEFENSE, under Charlie Strong, is MUCH better than that last year under Taggart.

Flowers had a relatively poor night and USF still scored 43 points.

The defense didn't allow a single point.

I'm pretty confidant that most UConn fans would trade coaches, if given the chance.
how is #94 Livingstone doing for you guys?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
You can blame Texas on Mack Brown. Texas fans blamed Brown for poor recruiting and uninspired offense during his last four years (21 losses was way too many after two 1 loss seasons). Texas fans expected a 1-2 year turnaround period. Three years was way too long.

I think it's apparent that many Uconn fans will take the opportunity (if it's needed) to blame Diaco for the next three years.
And with damn good cause. Maybe the next four.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom