Charlie Strong is a fraud | The Boneyard

Charlie Strong is a fraud

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What a joke his teams are. You can't play stupider than they do.

Who blocks a punt and gives up 26 yards of field position? USF. That's who.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't feel like googling the contract but I'm glad USF is tied to Charlie. What a joke.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Strong is OK. He doesn't break a lot of ground schematically, and his defensive blitzing is predictable, but his players play hard and his teams rarely underachieve.

Reaction Score
Strong is OK. He doesn't break a lot of ground schematically, and his defensive blitzing is predictable, but his players play hard and his teams rarely underachieve.

If it wasn't underachieving then what got him fired? Excluding this year, 7 years as a headcoach, 2 were 1 game over .500, 3 were under. Two were very good seasons. By them numbers I'd say his teams rarely overachieve.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah, I mean he is 57-36 as an FBS coach, 4-0 in his first season at USF, presided over the largest upset ever in a BCS bowl over florida, would really hate to have the guy as a coach...

Clearly didn't watch the game.

They are so poorly coached it's amazing.

Explain Texas when you get a chance.

Reaction Score

I have seen the Dallas Cowboys do it.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
If it wasn't underachieving then what got him fired?

Tom Herman was Helen of Troy sexy at the time. Strong's performance in Texas was poor, but they canned him to get their hands on Herman.

Reaction Score
It's just a really odd time to have this discussion. The guy has a winning record overall, he just went to 4-0 on the season on a night his QB was not good, averages over 40 points a game, gave up only 85 yards of offense to a conference opponent, etc. etc.

Reaction Score
Tom Herman was Helen of Troy sexy at the time. Strong's performance in Texas was poor, but they canned him to get their hands on Herman.

Okaaay. I was responding to his teams rarely underachieve. Tom wouldn't have got his job if Charlie wasn't underachieving. You can actually have a winning record and underachieve. You can pull off one of the biggest upsets in program history and underachieve. Charlie is 4-0 at USF, so at the moment he is neither under or overachieving. He's expected to win the conference with what he inherited, at minimum reach the conference championship game, anything less....
Is that fair? Maybe maybe not but thats another discussion.

Reaction Score
Clearly didn't watch the game.

They are so poorly coached it's amazing.

Explain Texas when you get a chance.

Several powerful boosters never wanted him hired in the first place, and refused to offer the normal level of "assistance".
He had to cut loose some good talent to clean up the program (which is one of the main reasons he was hired). But losing that talent cost him in the end.
You can't be that bad of a coach with his record at the programs he coached.

Reaction Score

Haha they are going to give us a beating this year that will make the old WVU spankings look enjoyable.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Haha they are going to give us a beating this year that will make the old WVU spankings look enjoyable.

Yeah in spite of Strong not because of him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Several powerful boosters never wanted him hired in the first place, and refused to offer the normal level of "assistance".
He had to cut loose some good talent to clean up the program (which is one of the main reasons he was hired). But losing that talent cost him in the end.
You can't be that bad of a coach with his record at the programs he coached.

Watch the game last night and then tell me he's a good coach.

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
It's just a really odd time to have this discussion. The guy has a winning record overall, he just went to 4-0 on the season on a night his QB was not good, averages over 40 points a game, gave up only 85 yards of offense to a conference opponent, etc. etc.

Can we have a fraud like that?. Please!

Reaction Score

And yet they remain the top revenue team in cfb. Texas can change money donors like we do socks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom