Charlie Creme Ranks Next Years Teams | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Charlie Creme Ranks Next Years Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Isn't it against the Boneyard rules for visiting posters (like ETT) to use UConn/Boneyard posters (e.g., TonyC) as their ghost-writers?

Three seasons without a loss computes to something like 117-0, suspiciously similar to some of TonyC's past prognostications.
Kibitzer, that's one of the funniest things I've read in a while. Thanks for the laugh.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Has she been injured? I thought about her but she wasn't in any of the all star games was she? she didn't make the USA National U17 team and i sort of get the impression she's maybe not as good as her ranking. maybe i'm wrong as i don't follow her at all, but why wasn't she on any of those elite teams?

She missed most of senior year after having a conflict with her HS coach, which resulted in her being kicked off the team, and the HS coach being fired. But before that, from what I hear she was putting up big numbers.

And from my understanding is that's why she didn't make the all-star games is because she only played a few games of the season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She missed most of senior year after having a conflict with her HS coach, which resulted in her being kicked off the team, and the HS coach being fired. But before that, from what I hear she was putting up big numbers.

And from my understanding is that's why she didn't make the all-star games is because she only played a few games of the season.
well that makes sense. thanks for the clarification!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

And we know how well kids with issues turn out at Rutgers. She may bring help or she may blow up the team. Could be a return of the team to the loss of laundry privileges.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
And we know how well kids with issues turn out at Rutgers. She may bring help or she may blow up the team. Could be a return of the team to the loss of laundry privileges.

Actually, from what I've heard the problem was the HS coach, all of Rachel's other youth coaches have said she's a very hard working & very well behaved young lady.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Actually, from what I've heard the problem was the HS coach, all of Rachel's other youth coaches have said she's a very hard working & very well behaved young lady.
That may well be, but it may not be, also. Hearsay can work both ways.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't care what 2013 recruits any other team got as long as UCONN signed their top four targets. This would keep UCONN on top for at least five years.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
That may well be, but it may not be, also. Hearsay can work both ways.
Better take it easy on that hearsay stuff, Br'er Bear. Remember what happened to that other Bruno. (Giordano, that is, not Doug.)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
well that make sense. i do recall you saying that Chandler was looking really good. so she will probably take some of Pope's minutes. and i was not pointing out that Baylor loses a lot. they only lost a total average of 8 PPG and 35 MPG from the 3 who are leaving.

and we agree that Baylor loses a lot. Sims, Prince and Chandler will be a good core in 2 years. if you land Russell, you probably land Muvunga too. what do you think your chances are? we all know Tennessee has "narrowed" their focus to 6-7 of the top 15 players, but L'ville fans seem to feel good about Russell. Anyone but Tennessee IMHO for Russell. I'd rather see L'ville get her, but I guess we will see...

I am not familiar with the connection between Russell and Mavunga. Do they appear to be a package deal? What is their connection?

Reaction Score
I am not familiar with the connection between Russell and Mavunga. Do they appear to be a package deal? What is their connection?

I don't know if it's a confirmed package deal. Played USA basketball together. They are very close and have scheduled visits to schools together. Obviously they would like to play with each other if they both wanted the same school. I don't think anywhere it's been stated as a deal breaker besides from fans of schools that are recruiting them both. I do get the impression that schools have made their lists because the other had interest. That might just be feeling out the waters.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't know if it's a confirmed package deal. Played USA basketball together. They are very close and have scheduled visits to schools together. Obviously they would like to play with each other if they both wanted the same school. I don't think anywhere it's been stated as a deal breaker besides from fans of schools that are recruiting them both. I do get the impression that schools have made their lists because the other had interest. That might just be feeling out the waters.

If that is the case and Hoopgurlz list of finalists for each is correct, Louisville is the winner because that is the only common school that both are considering.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Has she been injured? I thought about her but she wasn't in any of the all star games was she? she didn't make the USA National U17 team and i sort of get the impression she's maybe not as good as her ranking. maybe i'm wrong as i don't follow her at all, but why wasn't she on any of those elite teams?

Also for the 2009 class, Monique Oliver had a 97 rating as well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If that is the case and Hoopgurlz list of finalists for each is correct, Louisville is the winner because that is the only common school that both are considering.
I would not bet against L'ville on this. When Mercedes and Stephanie were asked about their visit, all they could say was "Yum.". :)

JS

Reaction Score
I would not bet against L'ville on this. When Mercedes and Stephanie were asked about their visit, all they could say was "Yum.". :)

It wasn't on account of the arena, either.

It's 'cause they take their eating seriously in Looavul.

I mean Luhvul . . . ah, Looaville. Um, Looey . .

Anyway, where else do birds have teeth?

images

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It wasn't on account of the arena, either.

It's 'cause they take their eating seriously in Looavul.

I mean Luhvul . . . ah, Looaville. Um, Looey . .

Anyway, where else do birds have teeth?

images

Not sure where this one is from.

infected_bird.jpg

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I can't help pointing out that, for the most part, the players that caused trouble for the team - as much as we fans know, anyway - were not the group that we fans were aware of having issues.

At the same time, we fans don't always know all the details. Years ago there was a clear problem and RU went 9-20, and my wife and I were sure we (and much of the fan base) knew who the troublemaker was. At the time we were friendly with the Video Coordinator and made a comment to him. While he refused to provide (rightly in my opinion) any "details" he clearly told us that we were simply completely off base - he acknowledged the bad chemistry, but swore it was not the player that everyone thought. This was confirmed in future seasons.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Isn't it against the Boneyard rules for visiting posters (like ETT) to use UConn/Boneyard posters (e.g., TonyC) as their ghost-writers?

Three seasons without a loss computes to something like 117-0, suspiciously similar to some of TonyC's past prognostications.
Was just gonna ask, did Tony move to este Tejas?

Reaction Score
You can't look just as who a team loses and who they add to project how much they might improve or degrade. You have to look at the classes of the returning players. Freshman improve the most into their sophmore year, then sophmore to junior and then junior to senior. In fact, many players stagnate from their junior to senior seasons and some even take a step back.

If two teams lost no one and added no one and one team was all freshman and sophmores and the other was all sophmores and juniors, the team with all freshman and sophmores SHOULD improve more. And then you have to look at injuries. If a key player was playing with an injury and then they have an injury free season, they will improve quite a bit and vice-versa. Not only is UConn adding more to their team, they have a key player who was slowed by injury last year and they were younger. Mid-season and even mid-tournament injuries robbed UConn of at least two national championships, in my opinion, and it could happen to Baylor as well.

Baylor will have a tough time defensively against UConn. There will be too many weapons. How well UConn contains Griner will depend on whether the refs allow the UConn players to carry out Geno's defensive plan. I know people hate to hear it because it makes it seem like outcomes of critical games are not under the control of the players but the refs, and how they call the game, makes a HUGE difference in who wins a close game between two close teams. Even if you assume they are unbiased and fair, it still makes a huge difference because "style" matters. Will they call the game tightly? Will they emphasize hand checks or will they crack down more on the moving picks and physical play down low? Will they allow some contact with the shooter or will the (Notre Dame) players spend the entire game at the line like it is a game of knock out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom