Charlie Crème Tweet - no credit for UConn defense | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Charlie Crème Tweet - no credit for UConn defense

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was skeptical of Creme's brackets/analysis. I was coming around a bit, thinking maybe he gets it right once in awhile. But after this tweet, I'm thinking I was right all along.

Reaction Score
Charlie is a genius. Just ask him! In his case, the "Creme" did not rise to the top. Why people obsess over this guy is puzzling.
Charlie is a medical/pharmaceutical salesman who uses a bunch of statistics to guess at outcomes like everybody else.

Jim

Reaction Score
Why is it the people think only UConn players get tired and beat up? Siegrist played 40 minutes. Olsen 38. Maddy had defend Aaliya and Dorka on the other end. Is it so hard to consider that playing that hard on the defensive end takes its toll when on offense? Nova does have a deeper bench, but the drop off from Maddy to her replacement is huge. Even when tired she is awfully good. But perhaps her 3pt percentage (which is good, not great) goes down when tired.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Charlie is a legend in his own mind - and ESPN's mind. Most of us knew that yesterday's game was going to be a physical battle. And it was, even brutal at times. He is clueless most of the time.

Physical battles wear both sides down. Players get tired and the shots come up short. The legs start to feel like lead. When you have been hit all game when trying to shoot, you will rush the open shot just enough to be off.

Finally, Charlie and ,any others give this UConn team no credit for their toughness and grit while playing with a limited roster. Yet UConn keeps winning.

Reaction Score
Charlie is a legend in his own mind - and ESPN's mind. Most of us knew that yesterday's game was going to be a physical battle. And it was, even brutal at times. He is clueless most of the time.

Physical battles wear both sides down. Players get tired and the shots come up short. The legs start to feel like lead. When you have been hit all game when trying to shoot, you will rush the open shot just enough to be off.

Finally, Charlie and ,any others give this UConn team no credit for their toughness and grit while playing with a limited roster. Yet UConn keeps winning.
I am not surprised when Charlie coughs up one of his clueless screeds.
I continue to be mildly disappointed that anyone would take him seriously.

Reaction Score
We live in an age where people in the media are craving notoriety. Reporting the news attracts less attention than making the news.

Villanova normally attempts 20 threes and makes 7. If it is hard to get into the lane, you take more shots from the outside. So in this game they attempted 25 and made 5. The statistics of small numbers would suggest that nothing abnormal happened here.

Charlie tries to make a big deal of this. The - could have, would have - story with the blinding insight that UConn is beatable, particularly by those teams that find a way to score more points than UConn in 40 minutes!

Reaction Score
Sort of reminds me why a football team will pound away at the interior line for short gainers early in a game, which exhausts the defensive linemen for later in the game. And heavyweight Rocky Marciano would pound away at an opponent's forearms in the early rounds, and later, when the guy could no longer keep his arms up to defend himself, Rocky would move in for the kill. (Undefeated in 49 bouts, 43 by knockout.)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Everyone obviously missed his tweet about the Stanford Washington contest ... he was think Washington was a dog with a 13-9 record and Stanford was the second #1 seed, then he thought maybe Washington deserved a four seed, then he thought maybe Stanford is a four seed, then he thought naw Stanford just had a bad day and they should be a one seed, and maybe Washington really was a dog and deserved to get a WNIT bid.

And I don't even want to try and track his gyrations about Ohio State over the last two weeks!
:eek:
:cool:Head bang

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was skeptical of Creme's brackets/analysis. I was coming around a bit, thinking maybe he gets it right once in awhile. But after this tweet, I'm thinking I was right all along.
We figured out that the brackets appear to be put together using conference standings at the time rather than actual analysis. After St John’s first conference game, they were atop the Big East standings with a 1-0 record. Crème’s bracket that week had them as the automatic qualifier

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
What's so funny is that the committee starts with the net rankings and after yesterday's games UConn is still #2 and Villanova is still #10. So that means that there should be no change in the brackets for the two teams, unless the committee decides to move up Nova.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What's so funny is that the committee starts with the net rankings and after yesterday's games UConn is still #2 and Villanova is still #10. So that means that there should be no change in the brackets for the two teams, unless the committee decides to move up Nova.
A road win against a ranked team late in the season buffs up UConn’s already shiny resume. That was an important win not just for NCAA seeding implications but for the regular BEast title and BEast tournament seeding. An extra day off is just what they need

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom