Charli Collier will announce her college today | The Boneyard

Charli Collier will announce her college today

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Early commitments usually bode well for UCONN! Doesn't mean that's where she will announce but it's promising!

GO UCONN!!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Contenders are?

UConn, Texas, Baylor, Houston, South Carolina, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Duke, UCLA, Louisville, Ohio State and Southern Cal.

My money is on the Huskies.. I obviously could be wrong but a lot of signs point there for her.

Baylor = stacked for a few years at her position w/Mompremier, Brown and Cox. Texas = Sedona Prince. Tennessee = Kasiyahna Kushkituah the year prior. Ohio State = Tori McCoy. Louisville = Kylee Shook, Ciera Johnson in 2016 and Loretta Kakala the year prior.

South Carolina has room at the 5, but Collier has not visited (nor has Dawn done a home visit yet) and Notre Dame has room at the 5 as well but I don't think she's visited there yet either. UConn on the other hand, she's already visited and had a home visit with Geno, more than one I believe.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Then again, now that I think about it... Mompremier and Brown would be seniors for Collier's first year on campus. After her freshman year, Cox would be the only other big on roster really unless somebody else joined Collier at Baylor in 2018. She could potentially start as sophomore or at least get a lot of playing time... Hmmm.

The plot thickens.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
having had a good rapport with her last year... Charli came across as a very sincere , thoughtful young lady

if you go by what she said following here UConn visit last month
( i believe it was her last UNofficial visit to any school )

Collier leaves UConn impressed, with scholarship offer

So while the recruiting process will not be her focus for awhile, her visit to UConn gave her a clearer picture of what she's looking for in her future.

"I want to go to a place with a family feel and play with great teammates and play for a coach that will bring out the best in me," Collier said. "I want to go somewhere that I know after four years I'll be a better player and person."

Reaction Score
having had a good rapport with her last year... Charli came across as a very sincere , thoughtful young lady

So while the recruiting process will not be her focus for awhile, her visit to UConn gave her a clearer picture of what she's looking for in her future.

"I want to go to a place with a family feel and play with great teammates and play for a coach that will bring out the best in me," Collier said. "I want to go somewhere that I know after four years I'll be a better player and person."
Appears to have visited ND 11/22/16 per her twitter.

Reaction Score

Just two questions for you Bill. Is she a legitimate 6-5? And does she have the quick feet?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Then again, now that I think about it... Mompremier and Brown would be seniors for Collier's first year on campus. After her freshman year, Cox would be the only other big on roster really unless somebody else joined Collier at Baylor in 2018. She could potentially start as sophomore or at least get a lot of playing time... Hmmm.

The plot thickens.
Nevertheless, watching how Geno's charges beat Baylor had to be another eye opener for Collier: Without as many bigs, without a deep bench. Winning on focus, execution, spit, grit and teamwork. Hearing how each teammate speaks to each other on court (I could barely hear Baylor's ladies communicate). Watching how the bench supported every teammates move. Seeing how UConn's "Do(ing) things differently" works during a game. Knowing she has a Dangerfield and a Walker along with a KLS and Collier at her side. I'd be surprised if she chose to go elsewhere. But, stranger things have happened.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nice. Finally, a big kid who knows how to take it right at the defense with no hesitation off the catch. Dangerfield should get 5 assists a game just from her.
I like the way you talk.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tina referred to Geno as the Godfather. As many of us recall, Charli lost her father earlier this year. I'm sure that Geno would be an awesome surrogate father. Obviously, I hope Charli chooses UConn. She would be in a good family situation, compete for championships, and develop her game for the next level. She would be adopted by the Boneyard, HuskyNation, and the entire State of Connecticut. I wish Charli the best!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Tina referred to Geno as the Godfather. As many of us recall, Charli lost her father earlier this year. I'm sure that Geno would be an awesome surrogate father. Obviously, I hope Charli chooses UConn. She would be in a good family situation, compete for championships, and develop her game for the next level. She would be adopted by the Boneyard, HuskyNation, and the entire State of Connecticut. I wish Charli the best!
I have wondered about the father figure aspect. I hope she felt the family environment when she was in Storrs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Appears to have visited ND 11/22/16 per her twitter.
She was at the ND game where the lights went out. It was played in Houston. She was NOT in South Bend this week.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I never saw Hunter. A tragic story, basketball-wise.
Even after her injury, she could score a point per minute for UConn. But her minutes were VERY limited. Talent wise, she was similar to Tina and Candace. She could have been the power forward on the Olympic team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom