Charleston Classic | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Charleston Classic

Reaction Score
Two students here who are heading to Charleston, if anyone has tickets they’re looking to sell, we’ll take them, even if it’s higher than face

Reaction Score
Two students here who are heading to Charleston, if anyone has tickets they’re looking to sell, we’ll take them, even if it’s higher than face
Can't believe there are no student tickets. No students should have to pay higher than face. I'm going but do not have extras. Hopefully, some of the Boneyard faithful come through to get some students there.

Reaction Score
Can't believe there are no student tickets. No students should have to pay higher than face. I'm going but do not have extras. Hopefully, some of the Boneyard faithful come through to get some students there.
Went to the ticket office today and was told the tickets are “only for donors”

Reaction Score
I'd suggest buying them in Charleston at the gate

Reaction Score
At about $11/game, the price is very reasonable. If a student can afford the travel expenses from CT to SC, they shouldn't complain about the price of the tickets.

Just buy them here for face value.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just got summons for jury duty. Quick glance and I see November 15th and an obligation for one week.

Probably should post this in the ghost thread because I turned whiter than a sheet thinking I'm not going to be able to go. Turns out that was the date to see the judge about getting excused. Date of obligation well after CofC.

Reaction Score
so now that we’re getting to just 2 weeks out, whose got Charleston food recs? I’ve seen some and done some research but I want to know some hidden gems. Where is there perfect fried chicken, anybody know?

ESLNKY03

ESLNKY
Reaction Score
so now that we’re getting to just 2 weeks out, whose got Charleston food recs? I’ve seen some and done some research but I want to know some hidden gems. Where is there perfect fried chicken, anybody know?
Leon’s is amazing fried chicken and oysters

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
FYI, Charleston is super walkable, and anyone who's going to these games should plan to just stroll around downtown afterward having cocktails and seafood. It's legitimately one of the best towns I've ever been to.

EDIT: Other than all the confederacy crap everywhere. They sure like to celebrate losers.

RON

Reaction Score
You'll get tickets at face value easily down here

RON

Reaction Score
Charleston is a foodie paradise. For Fried Chicken, Leon's was recommended already which is awesome. So is Husk, Bertha's, almost anywhere is good down here. Awesome Seafood Restaurants but avoid the touristy ones, like Hyman's. My personal favorite spot is Harold's Cabin. Bill Murray is a partner. My absolute favorite Hominy Grill just closed.

RON

Reaction Score
Hey I've got another question for some of you Charleston regulars. I'm going to be there with a bachelor party, with a few legit golfers among us who are planning to try to hit Kiaweh to play. The rest of us are total newbies but are trying to plan either a driving range, mini golf outing, or clownish 3hole course to occupy the same afternoon. I've found some cheap muni courses that might be a good option but anybody know of a 3-hole course for some clowns to play on, maybe with a driving range attached?
The only one I know of is in Goose Creek about 50 minutes away. Closest easier courses are Charleston Municipal or Patriots Point.

Reaction Score
The only one I know of is in Goose Creek about 50 minutes away. Closest easier courses are Charleston Municipal or Patriots Point.
Really appreciate all the tips!

Anybody else? How about bars that have quality food you can pick on as you explore the city? It seems like everyone says this is a great food city, so should I just trust that most bars with a food menu I hit will have good enough food to not feel disappointed?

Reaction Score
A Carnival cruise ship will be in port on 11/21. All clear the rest of the weekend.

Reaction Score
167 Raw on East Bay St is my go to for oysters. Real small place so I go early.

Reaction Score
Just got summons for jury duty. Quick glance and I see November 15th and an obligation for one week.

Probably should post this in the ghost thread because I turned whiter than a sheet thinking I'm not going to be able to go. Turns out that was the date to see the judge about getting excused. Date of obligation well after CofC.
I also was sent a summons for jury duty for every Friday in November. I called the county clerk the day I received the notice and told the lady that I had made plans 3 months ago to be in Charleston,SC for 5 days and wouldn’t be available for service on 11/22. I had to send her my hotel confirmation which she presented to the judge and the judge excused me for that Friday.
I was not going to miss the tourney no matter what.

Reaction Score
The daughter of a friend of ours lives in Charleston. We do have a larger group(12), but she made reservations for us at Blossoms and Prohibition. We have been to Charleston in past years and always enjoyed Husk and Magnolias. They were not able to accommodate a party of 12. Hope this helps and Go Huskies

RON

Reaction Score
Really appreciate all the tips!

Anybody else? How about bars that have quality food you can pick on as you explore the city? It seems like everyone says this is a great food city, so should I just trust that most bars with a food menu I hit will have good enough food to not feel disappointed?
Yes. Hit King Street. There's rows of bars.

Reaction Score
Buffalo lost their opener at home to Dartmouth 68-63.
Watched some of the game on record. Buffalo is surprisingly playing none of their true centers and choosing to go with their 6'8 210 transfers Josh Mballa (Texas Tech) and LaQuill Hardnett (Cincy) as their fives, while Jeenathan Williams (6'5 203) and Gabe Grant (6'6 220) are their 4s.

Buffalo is sorely missing their excellent senior trio from last year of Massinburg, Perkins and Harris. Massinburg was a true lead guard and they won 5-6 games just from him putting the game on his shoulders. With Massinburg out, they now have three guys Graves/Jordan/Johnson to split that load, but that's such a different effect than having that one true lead guard.

I fully expect Bowling Green to take over the crown in the MAC with Justin Turner as one of the best mid-major players around and a great mix of guard play and frontcourt depth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom