Charleston Classic | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Charleston Classic

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
We are trying to make reservations for 14 people prior to each game. So I have a couple of questions. If UConn was to lose on Thursday ( I hate typing that), is Fridays game at 7pm. Or am I interpreting the bracket incorrectly.

Also any recommendations on where to get reservations for 14 people. Tried a few places and no luck.

Thanks in advance. Go Huskies

Come to the Alumni event at Carolina Ale House!

Reaction Score
We are trying to make reservations for 14 people prior to each game. So I have a couple of questions. If UConn was to lose on Thursday ( I hate typing that), is Fridays game at 7pm. Or am I interpreting the bracket incorrectly.

Also any recommendations on where to get reservations for 14 people. Tried a few places and no luck.

Thanks in advance. Go Huskies
Yes. If they lose they play 7:00 on Friday.

Reaction Score
We are definately heading to Carolina Ale House during our stay. It is my 60th bday and my wife trying to find a place to sit down fir all 14 of us. Tried Magnolia and Husk and they cant accomodate us.

Also thanks for info on Friday night game.

Reaction Score
Try Prohibition on King St. They have nice outdoor area out back for big parties. Good food as well.

Reaction Score
I noted in the other thread, great eats and drinks in Charleston. I would not go back to Charleston without going to Poogan's Porch for a few perfect manhattans and then some fried chicken. You can thank me later.

Oh man I miss Poogans smokehouse. I didn't make it to Poogans Porch though. Will just have to go back.

ESLNKY03

ESLNKY
Reaction Score
We are definately heading to Carolina Ale House during our stay. It is my 60th bday and my wife trying to find a place to sit down fir all 14 of us. Tried Magnolia and Husk and they cant accomodate us.

Use Resy app for most of downtown Charleston reservations

Reaction Score

Is it they don't have room for you or that 14 is too many for one table?

Reaction Score
Is it they don't have room for you or that 14 is too many for one table?
14 to many. Could do 6 and 8 but cant gaurantee they would be close together

Reaction Score
Hey I've got another question for some of you Charleston regulars. I'm going to be there with a bachelor party, with a few legit golfers among us who are planning to try to hit Kiaweh to play. The rest of us are total newbies but are trying to plan either a driving range, mini golf outing, or clownish 3hole course to occupy the same afternoon. I've found some cheap muni courses that might be a good option but anybody know of a 3-hole course for some clowns to play on, maybe with a driving range attached?

Reaction Score
I cant recommend any 3 hole courses. But I know of a couple of 4 or 5 hole courses. Let me know if interested.
Hopefully you are not serious. Not busting, but never heard of a 3 hole course.

Reaction Score
I cant recommend any 3 hole courses. But I know of a couple of 4 or 5 hole courses. Let me know if interested.
Hopefully you are not serious. Not busting, but never heard of a 3 hole course.

I've never played a round of golf in my life and even I know that yes, that's a real thing. Thanks for the help, and for "not busting", maybe you've heard it called a "pitch & putt"?? thanks again

Reaction Score
I've never played a round of golf in my life and even I know that yes, that's a real thing. Thanks for the help, and for "not busting", maybe you've heard it called a "pitch & putt"?? thanks again
Also known as a Par 3 course. An “Executive” course may have a few short par 4s sprinkled in.

Reaction Score
Also known as a Par 3 course. An “Executive” course may have a few short par 4s sprinkled in.
Thanks for that! Part of being a "beginner" is not knowing the vernacular... appreciate not zinging me

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thanks for that! Part of being a "beginner" is not knowing the vernacular... appreciate not zinging me
Played 3 holes at a Sheraton in Orlando with my wife. No instructions. Just given some clubs and 3 balls. My wife hit the green every time. I hooked all into a lagoon on first hole. I told her she should take up golf.

I do manage to give her competition at miniature golf.

Have fun. Also don’t try to out distance the other people and you might manage to hit a ball straight.

Reaction Score
Played 3 holes at a Sheraton in Orlando with my wife. No instructions. Just given some clubs and 3 balls. My wife hit the green every time. I hooked all into a lagoon on first hole. I told her she should take up golf.

I do manage to give her competition at miniature golf.

Have fun. Also don’t try to out distance the other people and you might manage to hit a ball straight.
Been going to the range with some coworkers weekly who are hard training newbies themselves. I am not full swinging, really just bringing it back and then slamming forward controlled but with as much power as I can. I've had surprising beginners luck in hitting pretty straight, so I want to take this overconfidence to a few holes to lose some balls in the woods!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom