Charleston Classic | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Charleston Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RON

Reaction Score
Attending + 5 and will be grabbing presale tickets next week. Once it gets a little closer we should try and organize a UConn bar to get everyone together.
I'm in since I live here now.

Reaction Score
There is an almost subliminal display of respect for UConn on the pre-sale pages. First you see the Husky logo right in the middle of all the others and then they mention they have two NCAA tournament teams in Buffalo and Florida and then list UConn ahead of all the others.
That's respect for the brand!

Reaction Score
There is no good pizza, deli, bagels, or Chinese food in any of Charleston. However, if you do visit us here, go for Southern Food and Seafood. Also great modern cuisine if you like foo foo stuff.
Totally disagree on the bad pizza take. Last year we finally made it to a friends house after driving for 2 days. We were exhausted but immediately hit their neighborhood pool with the kids and a bunch of beers. They ordered domino’s to be delivered to the pool and it was actually edible and delicious.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
It's way better than Savannah. Not even close.
I like Charleston better too but they’re similar in a lot of ways. Savannah is probably more urban while Charleston is a little more upscale but similar in everything else.

Reaction Score
Because I haven’t been yet, one thing that was super cool about Savannah was that you could walk around with open containers of booze. It’s not like New Orleans, though, where it’s a hot mess. We were at some completely hot new restaurant and they were slammed and to turn our table faster, they offered us drinks in to go cups when we’d finished our meals but were lingering over cocktails...
and I loved all the haunted stuff. Which is pretty weird. And even if you’re a skeptic, when your light goes off over your table specifically when your talking about dead relatives, it will freak you out.

Reaction Score
Because I haven’t been yet, one thing that was super cool about Savannah was that you could walk around with open containers of booze. It’s not like New Orleans, though, where it’s a hot mess. We were at some completely hot new restaurant and they were slammed and to turn our table faster, they offered us drinks in to go cups when we’d finished our meals but were lingering over cocktails...
and I loved all the haunted stuff. Which is pretty weird. And even if you’re a skeptic, when your light goes off over your table specifically when your talking about dead relatives, it will freak you out.
I always heard that Savannah had a pretty cool St. Paddy’s Day Parade and celebration. Any truth to that?

Reaction Score
Presale starts tomorrow! Anyone else buying their tickets!?!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
This post is true BY at its finest. BTW, Charleston is only the prettiest town in SC if you like oceans. If you like mountains, waterfalls, lakes, and great golf. It has got to be Greenville for me! #YeahThatGreenville

Reaction Score
It looks like you can't choose seats only type lower level vs. higher level. I purchased 2 lower levels for the event.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Please see below for the link that will provide access to the Charleston Classic pre-sale"

https://tkt.xosn.com//tickets/BuyTickets.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14800&_MODE_=SPECIAL_OFFER_PL&SALE_TKT_EVENT_ID=0&FRM_TKT_SPECIAL_OFFER_ID=260126&SALE_TKT_SEASON_ID=341662&FRM_ACCT_LIST_ID
Promo code: palmetto
Timeline: Monday, July 8 at 10 a.m. through Friday, July 12 at 4:30 p.m.

They said the lower level usually sells out during this period -- and it is GA for both lower and upper level. This is for the full strip, which gets you all 6 sessions (there is an afternoon and an evening one Thurs, Fri and Sun) so you get 12 games. Single session tickets open up in October.

I'm planning on going with a large-ish crew (ideally 10+) so definitely down to take over a bar. Downtown Charleston is absolutely amazing, so I definitely recommend staying there. Plenty of shopping and whatnot for the Mrs. if you want her to tag along.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hadn't really even thought about this. Need to check into perhaps going. My parents live an hour south near Beaufort (Dataw Island). My sister is in Aiken. Could be a good family get together. All are big UConn fans.

As for Savannah vs Charleston, I'll split the difference between @superjohn and @Scrutiner. As a visitor, I'd rather visit Savannah. I'd probably rather live in Charleston than Savannah if choosing between them.

Reaction Score
Going to Savannah next weekend for the first time and looking forward to it. I haven’t been to Charleston either. This tournament seems like as good of a excuse as any to go.

Reaction Score
I will not be able to make it for the 21st most likely, is there a way to know if I should just get the package or I could go single games for less $?

Have to purchase 5 (wife, 3 kids) so trying to do it to make most sense. I guess I could resell the first night? Thanks for any help on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom