Charity Competition between UConn & Baylor Fans | The Boneyard

Charity Competition between UConn & Baylor Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Listening to that video, I could swear that Kelly says the game is on Feb 19. But it's on the 18th.

Maybe she's trying to fake out the Bears so they show up a day late. ;)

Reaction Score
Listening to that video, I could swear that Kelly says the game is on Feb 19. But it's on the 18th.

Maybe she's trying to fake out the Bears so they show up a day late. ;)

I'll be there on the 18th, hoping this turns in to a several-year home and home. But c'mon. You'll have 15,000+ there that night vs. maybe 50 of us guys. How 'bout a "we'll match/beat your total with our total next year when you're in Waco (and we only seat 10,000)" challenge.

Either way, I'll be glad to wear a pink ribbon over my green jacket (but don't expect KMulkey to wear pink tennis shoes during a game any time soon. Supporter of Kay Yow? Yes, definitely. Colored tennis shoes on game day? Haven't seen it in 12 years.

Reaction Score
I'll be there on the 18th, hoping this turns in to a several-year home and home. But c'mon. You'll have 15,000+ there that night vs. maybe 50 of us guys. How 'bout a "we'll match/beat your total with our total next year when you're in Waco (and we only seat 10,000)" challenge.

Either way, I'll be glad to wear a pink ribbon over my green jacket (but don't expect KMulkey to wear pink tennis shoes during a game any time soon. Supporter of Kay Yow? Yes, definitely. Colored tennis shoes on game day? Haven't seen it in 12 years.

No, she'll probably have some animal skin outfit died pink.

Reaction Score

I'm sure she has some pink heels somewhere in her closet. Maybe a bright pink faux-snakeskin jacket. She'll figure something out.

Reaction Score
Pink skink would be good for Kim's outfit, but I think it's only the tongue that's pink. Pink snake would be perfect.:p

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

More likely pink lizard skin cowgirl boots. Kay Yow? I thought Kim was a style supporter of Sylvia Hatchell?

Reaction Score
So there's a video featuring Kelly Faris that said something about some kind of competition, except the video has been removed and when you go to the link from calpedaler, you get the Kay Yow fund. So I can surmise that there is some kind of competition that benefits the fund, yes? Anyone know if there's going to be an explanation of this, because on the surface it sounds like a good idea.

Reaction Score
So there's a video featuring Kelly Faris that said something about some kind of competition, except the video has been removed and when you go to the link from calpedaler, you get the Kay Yow fund. So I can surmise that there is some kind of competition that benefits the fund, yes? Anyone know if there's going to be an explanation of this, because on the surface it sounds like a good idea.
http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/ccp...2=0E13CE5FF3DC4DAE82EC0DE46BB94B05&ccp=632716
see Text to Give Challenge near the bottom of the page

Reaction Score
She said the 19th because it is my birthday and she is probably coming to my house with the team to surprise me-- so it was on her mind.

Reaction Score
We joined in the pink attire support of Yow Fund Saturday in Austin vs. UT. I'm pretty much in the loop down here and we've not heard of a specific challenge about next Monday.

Maybe so, but I'm thinking this is a 'challenge' initiated up there but not communicated to us down here.

Either way, we're hoping you guys can get out from underneath the storm--and bless the money for cancer research no matter who, when, or where it is raised.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She said the 19th because it is my birthday and she is probably coming to my house with the team to surprise me-- so it was on her mind.
She's a sweet kid like that.

Reaction Score
We finally got the message via our fan club and inhouse video at the Ferrell Center lasst night.

We Baptists just LUV takin up offrins.

But this one week head start you had . . . the UCONN/ESPN mafia have set this thing up. The whole thing. Hell, I bet there really wasn't even a snow storm and ESPN just made that up to keep us Baptists from coming up there and dumping our weekend beer money in the plate--all $2 of it.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
She's a sweet kid like that.

Kelly certainly is but would have been sweeter still if she had it right on the 18th - that's my bride's birthday! :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
We finally got the message via our fan club and inhouse video at the Ferrell Center lasst night.

We Baptists just LUV takin up offrins.

But this one week head start you had . . . the UCONN/ESPN mafia have set this thing up. The whole thing. Hell, I bet there really wasn't even a snow storm and ESPN just made that up to keep us Baptists from coming up there and dumping our weekend beer money in the plate--all $2 of it.
Two or three a Sunday being the norm. Need to make sure one has a pocket full of ones before you head out to church.

Reaction Score
So isn't there a site where you can just contribute without all the registration with passwords and security questions and a listing of your name?

Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/021913aaa.html

UConn fans edged out Baylor fans $23,000 to $7800. :)

We certainly beat them head-to-head in online donations and texts. But the bulk of the reported difference comes from "in-arena" donations at the game, which was obviously on our home turf, and it is difficult to believe that NONE of that came from Baylor fans. The donation boxes that were being passed around at the game had two slots -- one in green for Baylor and the other in blue or pink for UConn. Hard to believe that no Baylor fan ever pushed a dollar though the Baylor slot, so I'm guessing that the box donations were all credited to UConn rather than tabulated by the slot through which they came in.

Excluding the nearly $14,000 collected in-arena, the online/text "score" was UConn $9,291, Baylor $7,831.

Reaction Score
We had a similar opportunity to text in a donation at our prior home game with TCU with about 9000 fans present, so I think it's a legitimate beatdown. It might be that UConn fans are just more tech savvy.:) Good job to both fan bases as it still turned out to be a nice little fund-raiser for the Kay Yow thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom