Characters You Absolutely Despise | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Characters You Absolutely Despise

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think I often find myself in the position of enjoying something that I am definitely not the target audience for. That might help explain why I find some elements of it un-enjoyable but that most fans are drawn to. One case in point: Veronica Mars. Loved the first two seasons, went off a cliff in season 3. I always hated the Logan character. I think most fans followed it mostly because of the (stupid!) Veronica-Logan melodrama. To me the heart of the show was the dynamic between Veronica and her dad, and her friendships w/ Wallace and Mac. And for whatever reason I've always disliked the actor Jason Dohring since then. Now he's pissing me off in iZombie on a weekly basis.

Another example is Fat Amy from the Pitch Perfect movies. I think she's absolutely terrible. But based on the fact it's pretty much her and Becca that get featured mostly, she must have plenty of fans.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Finn Jones as the Iron Fist. Bad actor and terribly unlikable character. Came across as a pouty, whiny adolescent. Made the show tough to watch as you couldn't root for the hero.

Yeah, they really missed the mark with how they wrote that charcter.

They wanted to go with a guy stuck between 2 worlds, and they somehow ended up with like a 13 year old man child living in NYC.

Reaction Score
Jack Bauer. Watched one season and his entire repertoire was talk/whispering into a cell phone. Combined with the unbearable slow pace of the show, I never understood the fascination.

Reaction Score
1) I always hated Mother Jefferson. That sourpussed old wrinklebag.
2) Janice Soprano. A million different reasons.
3) Ross on Friends. What a whiny, pouty whipped little pssy.
Ross had one good line.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Rowan Atkinson
As for me, he never looked sincere, always making all those stupid faces... I don't know why people like him

I agree. But I had to admit he was pretty funny during the opening ceremonies of the London Olympics. That was a tough gig.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Aj soprano sucks

Just finished rewatching the whole thing. First few seasons AJ was nothing more than a prop. But when he went into his "depression" and became a focus, it was unbearable.

Basically, the entirety of The Sopranos was about a family (and extended families, both related and non) who took no responsibility for their actions. Those last two seasons of AJ amplified that theme to cartoonish levels. Gandhi and Mother Teresa would've eventually beaten the crap out of that whiny bitch.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Just finished rewatching the whole thing. First few seasons AJ was nothing more than a prop. But when he went into his "depression" and became a focus, it was unbearable.

Basically, the entirety of The Sopranos was about a family (and extended families, both related and non) who took no responsibility for their actions. Those last two seasons of AJ amplified that theme to cartoonish levels. Gandhi and Mother Teresa would've eventually beaten the crap out of that whiny bitch.

I’m at the end of season 4 right now on another rewatch. Such a great show.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The Walking dead has the largest collection of unlikable characters in TV history. That's not an opinion.

Reaction Score
Pretty much every replacement in the original Law and Order after Briscoe, Logan, Kincaid, and Stone (not all originals but the group that got me hooked). Especially Curtis and Ross directly replacing Logan and Kincaid. McCoy was interesting sometimes, insufferable others.

Reaction Score
Count Olaf on Series of Unfortunate Events...I have four kids and watch a lot of kids shows....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Count Olaf on Series of Unfortunate Events...I have four kids and watch a lot of kids shows....

The Fresh Beat Band made me close to homicidal. That was the most annoying, obnoxious kids show on TV.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I thought kid show characters would be off limits. Too easy to make the list.

Reaction Score

That is totally true. Lol. It is simply the first one to pop in my head. The past couple of days the kids have been diving into the Lost in Space remake. The dang fake psychiatrist lady really chaps my kakis....really wish they would just kill her because right now her character makes no sense.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nicki, the daughter in Blue Bloods.

I would have agreed 2 years ago. Now she's kinda cute, so I can tolerate her idiocy. The character has matured a bit too, and is less annoying.

EDIT: lately I find Jamie more annoying. Harvard law grad walking the beat. Moron. Doesn't push to become a Detective, although he totally deserves it. Moron. Doesn't stick with his original hot girlfriend. Moron. Keeps playing footsie with his partner and not following through. Moron.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Another example is Fat Amy from the Pitch Perfect movies. I think she's absolutely terrible. But based on the fact it's pretty much her and Becca that get featured mostly, she must have plenty of fans.

She's annoying as hell. But yes, somebody obviously likes her.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I would have agreed 2 years ago. Now she's kinda cute, so I can tolerate her idiocy. The character has matured a bit too, and is less annoying.

EDIT: lately I find Jamie more annoying. Harvard law grad walking the beat. Moron. Doesn't push to become a Detective, although he totally deserves it. Moron. Doesn't stick with his original hot girlfriend. Moron. Keeps playing footsie with his partner and not following through. Moron.

That's when I got away from watching it.

Reaction Score
Anna Gunn had two lousy characters. In BB her character was unsympathetic to the point that the audience actually disliked her.

Ugh, she is awful
I suspect for fans of "Big Bang Theory," Sheldon Cooper is their favorite part of the show. However he's the reason I can't watch it. Otherwise it would be decent. He's so over the top annoying, I can only handle about 30 seconds of screen time for him. Worst character in television history that I can think of.
Ditto, can not stand him.

All 2.5 "men" of 2.5 men are also god awful.

Brian from Family guy.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I suspect for fans of "Big Bang Theory," Sheldon Cooper is their favorite part of the show.

I'm thinking most guys have a different favorite character. Think blond.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I'm thinking most guys have a different favorite character. Think blond.
Yeah, but I wish Melissa Rauch used her real voice. ;)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Not a fan of Dora the Explorer either. She is a pretentious narcissist and Boots needs to stop sucking up to her. But the Fresh Beat Band is still much worse.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Not a fan of Dora the Explorer either. She is a pretentious narcissist and Boots needs to stop sucking up to her. But the Fresh Beat Band is still much worse.

Not one single children's character is worse than the 4 year old Canadian cancer patient (and only because the Teletubbies are indistinguishable and should be taken as a group.).

This sub-thread can now be closed.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
The Sleestaks from Land of the Lost. They moved too slow to get the job done and it annoyed the hell out of me.

Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble where nagging, joy blocking fun police. Hated them.

Louise "Weezy" Jefferson- another joy blocking, nagging, fun policemen.

Jack Tripper- He never gave any indication that he actually managed to successfully do what every man wanted him to get done. Failure.

Major Nelson- He never gave any indication that he actually managed to successfully do what every man wanted him to get done. Failure.

Lamont Sanford- He let his father ruin too much weekend, karma sutra activity. Big Dummy get a room.

All the characters on Gilligans Island were idiots.

Florida Evans got on my nerves some times also.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
All the characters on Gilligans Island were idiots.

Florida Evans got on my nerves some times also.

Maybe but the professor slayed tho

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom