Characters You Absolutely Despise | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Characters You Absolutely Despise

Reaction Score
1) I always hated Mother Jefferson. That sourpussed old wrinklebag.
2) Janice Soprano. A million different reasons.
3) Ross on Friends. What a whiny, pouty whipped little pssy.
Good point, at the time Ross was merely annoying, taking away from Joey/Chandler fun (when not anorexic) time. They used a lot of props to try and give Ross personality (dinosaurs, lesbian wife, kid & of course a freakin monkey!).
But now Ross makes the show un-re-watchable & his 'relationship' with Jennifer Anniston (& others) totally inexplicable.

I did enjoy Ross in closer to type role as clueless Robert Shapiro.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good point, at the time Ross was merely annoying, taking away from Joey/Chandler fun (when not anorexic) time. They used a lot of props to try and give Ross personality (dinosaurs, lesbian wife, kid & of course a freakin monkey!).
But now Ross makes the show un-re-watchable & his 'relationship' with Jennifer Anniston (& others) totally inexplicable.

I did enjoy Ross in closer to type role as clueless Robert Shapiro.

He was also good as the "drill sergeant" who was also an incompetent officer in Band of Brothers...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He was also good as the "drill sergeant" who was also an incompetent officer in Band of Brothers...
Lieutenant (at the time) Sobel wasn't a drill sergeant. He was "Easy" Company's first commanding officer. Schwimmer was cast in that role because of his incredible likeness. According to the book and mini-series, Sobel wasn't an incompetent officer, per se. He was a poor combat leader. Lieutenant Dike was the incompetent officer.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Livia was the worst Sopranos character by far. Gave me as much agita as she gave Tony. But yah Janice and AJ are up there.

I loved Livia. Ordered a hit on her son. What's not to like?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Lieutenant (at the time) Sobel wasn't a drill sergeant. He was "Easy" Company's first commanding officer. Schwimmer was cast in that role because of his incredible likeness. According to the book and mini-series, Sobel wasn't an incompetent officer, per se. He was a poor combat leader. Lieutenant Dike was the incompetent officer.
The book, which is an excellent read, gives him credit for the fitness and readiness of Easy Company.

Husky25

Reaction Score
The book, which is an excellent read, gives him credit for the fitness and readiness of Easy Company.
Exactly why I am less apt to call him an incompetent officer.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Walter White's entire family. Wife, kid, in-laws. They don't need to been seen or heard from. Hank was borderline

Hanks wife Marie is worse than everyone. I wish she got cut in the face. Hank sucks. Hate him.

Aj soprano sucks

Sansa Stark is horrible.the worst.

My new top of the hate list is the fatty from this is us.

And the whole cast of Parenthood but especially Max and Lauren Graham's stupid character. Plus her nose job butchered her face and makes me sick

Last edited:

Husky25

Reaction Score
Nicki, the daughter in Blue Bloods.

Reaction Score
Susan in Seinfeld. My god, re-watching the show now it's even worse than I remember it being. In a show where it was a running joke that Jerry couldn't act to save his life, she was somehow worse, as a character and an actor.

Skylar White in BB. Been covered in the thread already.

Randy in That 70s Show. They should have canceled the show at that point instead of proceeding with him.

Jess in New Girl. I don't actively watch the show but my wife does so I've seen bits and pieces. It's always amusing when the main character is the worst aspect of a given show.

There's several in LOST to choose from (mostly due to the writing) but I'll go with Kate and Charlie. In hindsight, I can't believe I made it through the entire series. So many characters are immensely stupid/dense. I tried rewatching it last winter and gave up after two episodes. Hell, I can't rewatch LOTR in peace because of Dominic Monaghan's Charlie.

The Sand Snakes in GOT. I'm pretty sure everyone hated them, no need to go into detail.

Rose in The Last Jedi. Don't get me started.

Sheldon in BBT. I only watched the first two seasons before bailing. The blonde chick isn't much better. God that show is awful all around.

Ross on Friends. I didn't watch Friends until two years ago, at the non-stop nagging of my wife, but he made it tough to get through.

Michael on The Office. Probably my most controversial pick. My wife and I both hated this show because of Michael. The character got old so quickly and annoying to the point that we had to give up on the show. He wasn't funny most of the time, only cringey and so over-the-top. It was the start of this awful trend in Hollywood/TV that's still around; that cringe = funny. You still have to be funny while being awkward or cringey. Seinfield was masterful at this; afterwards we got so many wannabes that failed miserably because all they did was make you wince, they didn't make you laugh too.

August_West

Reaction Score
this idiot cant even get across monkey bars.

Pathetic.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Well into page 2 and nobody's mentioned Jar-Jar Binks.

I'm going with any of the Little Rascals not named Spanky, Alfalfa or Buckwheat.

August_West

Reaction Score
Well into page 2 and nobody's mentioned Jar-Jar Binks.

I'm going with any of the Little Rascals not named Spanky, Alfalfa or Buckwheat.

JarJar binks was a sith lord.

You dont understand the greatness of JarJar or the prequel trilogy which by far exceeds the dreck of trilogy out now.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Sorry you don't get it

I worry far less - indeed not at all - about character development in Star Wars than about how Hollywood's machinery has focused on mindless blockbuster sequels for Star Wars/Marvel/Videogame movies at the expense of "thinking" films, and thus are complicit in giving us Trump and his ilk.

Sorry the world doesn't get it.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I worry far less - indeed not at all - about character development in Star Wars than about how Hollywood's machinery has focused on mindless blockbuster sequels for Star Wars/Marvel/Videogame movies at the expense of "thinking" films, and thus are complicit in giving us Trump and his ilk.

Sorry the world doesn't get it.

Easy, Roars. Take it easy.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
1) I always hated Mother Jefferson. That sourpussed old wrinklebag.
2) Janice Soprano. A million different reasons.
3) Ross on Friends. What a whiny, pouty whipped little pssy.

Mother Jefferson was great. She can say whatever she wants to Louise, and when Louise can't take it anymore, George gets to be the hero. Now that I think of it, my mom has to raise her game.

Reaction Score
Rowan Atkinson

As for me, he never looked sincere, always making all those stupid faces... I don't know why people like him

Reaction Score
Jess in New Girl. I don't actively watch the show but my wife does so I've seen bits and pieces. It's always amusing when the main character is the worst aspect of a given show.

It isn't that she is bad, but they casted so well around her that they don't even need her. When she was off having her baby or whatever and Megan Fox was staying there instead and Jess was off the show - the show was better. She has her moments, but the dynamics between Nick/Schmidt/Winston make the show.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom