Chapilvwaug ? | The Boneyard

Chapilvwaug ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whatever his name is..
Where is he? He had a lot of passion for this team and tried to share it the best he could with fellow fans and we might of taken that joy of his life away if he was banned ?
I feel like its akin to taking a pacifier away from a baby and placing that baby in a room that noone enters and noone can hear its crys and pleading.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Chapwilvaug has migrated to the Courant.com site as well as others (Reddit, SNY). Since leaving here, his posts have become much more bitter and negative - he thinks Ollie needs to be fired, nobody on the roster is a UConn-caliber player, and that we will have 20+ losses next year. I've seen the junk he now says on other sites and I have no desire for it to migrate back here. The reason I like this board and spend so much time on it is because the folks in charge do a great job of keeping the garbage posts out of here.

Reaction Score
Chap = beetlejuice

thatsthejoke.jpg

Reaction Score
It was all Greek to me, but somewhere he had a point

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Chapwilvaug has migrated to the Courant.com site as well as others (Reddit, SNY). Since leaving here, his posts have become much more bitter and negative - he thinks Ollie needs to be fired, nobody on the roster is a UConn-caliber player, and that we will have 20+ losses next year. I've seen the junk he now says on other sites and I have no desire for it to migrate back here. The reason I like this board and spend so much time on it is because the folks in charge do a great job of keeping the garbage posts out of here.

Does he still type in that same "online translator didn't quite work out" style?

Reaction Score
I'm probably in the minority but I definitely miss HFD on here. That guy had more passion than anyone for UConn sports even though he was a little nuts. He even got rid of his twitter account too. I guess the whole AAC thing pushed him over the edge...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm probably in the minority but I definitely miss HFD on here. That guy had more passion than anyone for UConn sports even though he was a little nuts. He even got rid of his twitter account too. I guess the whole AAC thing pushed him over the edge...

Having joined after his departure, I decided to spend a night this past summer reading through most of his posting history. It made me want to take a long, long break from this website. Being a UConn fan is meant to be emotional, with both highs and lows, but when you bring that kind of anger into the picture it sours the whole experience. Joy, sadness, excitement, and frustration, sure I can handle that. But not impending doomesday-induced rage.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

There are guys on the football board leaving 20 tickets at will call for students. People have been sent to bowl games and NCAA tournaments on trips paid for by people here. A few years back, people donated $45,000 to Jim Calhoun's pet cause just because we asked them to.

That's passion.

An oaf spouting off half-assed marketing plans on a message board is nothing.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
This was kind of douchy but it cracked me up.
Lol well it's a fairly common meme on the internets these days. No offense is really meant by it.

Reaction Score
I made a money bet with that hump over on the football board. I won and of course never got paid, he left the board shortly after.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Was he the same person as SouthTampaBill or were those two separate guys who were always in the muck and for some reason don't post anymore?

Reaction Score
Was he the same person as SouthTampaBill or were those two separate guys who were always in the muck and for some reason don't post anymore?
SouthTampaBill and HuskyFanDan were two different people. I actually Dan when he first started out. He used to do a lot of the recruiting stuff that Medic does now and he was all about #uptick and positivity and UConn going to the B1G. Then at some point a flip switched and he became a drunken lunatic who pissed off everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom