Channel 3 UCONN Fan Poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Channel 3 UCONN Fan Poll

Reaction Score
Maybe the majority of the state prefer winning? I hope the narrative changes over the next couple of years.

Reaction Score
Haven't watched a women's game in years but would never miss a men's game and I am old. Who are the anchors now on WFSB? Don't watch them.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Their number one recruit Page B. is going to fire up the fanbase next year. I know I'll be watching.
Her highlight videos get way higher view counts than both our programs put together.

Reaction Score
If "UConn" is on the uniform I will watch. Men's and women's hoops, football, hockey, baseball, soccer, etc. Granted I'm probably not tuning in for the whole game but if I am not doing anything and see UConn is on I will watch some. That being said I never miss a men's hoops game. Season ticket holder since I was a student a long time ago at both Gampel and HCC/XL. I will tune into the women's game when I know it is on but it's not appointment viewing for me. If any school is going to have the best women's program of all time, I'm glad it's us.

Reaction Score
Goodness my father lovers the women, he loves fundamental basketball. I told him we'll transport him back so he can enjoy all the games in the peach basket era.

Mr. two handed chest pass and always lay it in, why do you need to dunk.

It might be why I don't talk with him any longer.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The women's fan base is older and whiter than the men's.

I watch every men's game. I watch the women when they have a big game.
I've attended 9 men's games so far this year. I've never been to a women's game in my life.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Never been to a women's game. Will only turn on to check the score if a big game. Will watch UConn football, baseball and soccer.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the need to continually take shots at the great WBB program and it's fans. There's no Werth Center without the women's program, for starters.
Yep, the men's program was just gonna bow out of the arms race if it wasn't for the women's program. lol.

Reaction Score
I am not surprised that the Women have a much larger following among WFSB viewers. These are not necessarily basketball fans per se, and 11 National Championships is sure to wow the really casual fan. Everyone in the state knows of Geno and his incredible run of success. Combine that with 3 straight losing seasons for the men (prior to this one) and the masses have spoken.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Their number one recruit Page B. is going to fire up the fanbase next year. I know I'll be watching.

I have to confess I will tune in more often next year. She's amazing. Like a cross of Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I have to confess I will tune in more often next year. She's amazing. Like a cross of Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi.
Oddly, with all the superstars they've had, the only one that made me tune to the women's game specifically to watch her play was Gabby Williams.

Reaction Score
That is a blowout. A lot of the older folks I know only watch the women. My mother hated the men. Maybe the poll is skewed by who might be going onto the WFSB page. Outside of a big CT event or maybe a school closing, I have no reason to go on there.
Many so called Q Tip senior citizens enjoy the women's game much more then the mens game. In some of the nursing homes I visit the people are lined up in wheel chairs watching and enjoying the women play which is great. Let them enjoy the time they have left in peace.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yep, she plays with swagger. She's going to be fun to watch for sure.

She won't be alone either. Bueckers will be joined by #21 Mir McLean, #26 Aaliyah Edwards, Croatian prospect Nika Muhl, and 6-foot-5 center Piath Gabriel. UConn also has two verbal commits for 2021 in #5 Amari DeBerry and #17 Saylor Poffenbarger. Me thinks Geno has decided that 11 natties isn't enough.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yep, the men's program was just gonna bow out of the arms race if it wasn't for the women's program. lol.
Didn't they? With the men's HC telling anyone who would listen not to donate to the facility?

Reaction Score
Many so called Q Tip senior citizens enjoy the women's game much more then the mens game. In some of the nursing homes I visit the people are lined up in wheel chairs watching and enjoying the women play which is great. Let them enjoy the time they have left in peace.
Less agita.

Reaction Score
OK enough of the macho crap. I have season tickets for both men and women at XL center.
Yes the poll is non scientific. Even “scientific “polls are not without error—witness the 2016 presidential polls, So dont get your underwear all in a bunch.
How many times on here have I seen threads along the lines of “how could so many fans be leaving before the end of the game.” You dont see those on the UCONN women’s channel. Very few leave no matter what the score,
Also, The men’s team has just been through 4 bad years. [three terrible ones under Ollie with no spirit or energy. ] I think that has an impact on this poll as well.
One more fact that is bound to get everyone up in arms. Please exclude this years men’s team where the old UConn is back, but the men’s college game has become difficult to watch. A lot of one on one like the pros. Little passing. Yes, this years team is bringing all of the good parts back but I think its the last three or four years those who answered the poll are remembering.

Reaction Score
This past weekend I watched them both. Thanks to Youtube TV (where I record all UConn basketball games) I was going back and forth between the two picking up at the spot I left off.

Reaction Score
i use UCONN. its because on TV broadcasts like ESPN they use text with capital letters so i became accustomed to using UCONN over UConn. they also do the same on Fox sports broadcasts for the big east.

View attachment 50993
Except you have a functioning Shift key, I have to imagine

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom