Channel 3 UCONN Fan Poll | The Boneyard

Channel 3 UCONN Fan Poll

Reaction Score
So last night I’m watching sports on the news and they were running a poll. It was which team do fans watch when both the UCONN men’s and women’s basketball teams are on tv at the same time? The results they had on were men 12%, women 88%. I was surprised at that lopsided number I must say because in the majority of the women’s games they are steamrolling their opponents by 20 plus points, that is until recently against top 5 teams.

Reaction Score
So last night I’m watching sports on the news and they were running a poll. It was which team do fans watch when both the UCONN men’s and women’s basketball teams are on tv at the same time? The results they had on were men 12%, women 88%. I was surprised at that lopsided number I must say because in the majority of the women’s games they are steamrolling their opponents by 20 plus points, that is until recently against top 5 teams.

I think this says more about channel 3 news viewers than the UConn fan base.

Reaction Score
What was the proportion of men vs women voting? I also wonder what decision couples make when watching together.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
That is a blowout. A lot of the older folks I know only watch the women. My mother hated the men. Maybe the poll is skewed by who might be going onto the WFSB page. Outside of a big CT event or maybe a school closing, I have no reason to go on there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m more amazed that some are watching 3 news :)

Haven't lived in Connecticut since 1991 but wasn't Janet Pekinpaugh on Channel 3? That was reason enough for me back in the day. ;)

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm (very) old. I watch the women. Not religiously, but if I know they will be on, I'll put it on in the office while I 'm working, and check in on occasion. I might have the women's game on one of the PC screens while I'm watching the men on the big screen, and divert my attention in their direction during commercials, half-time, etc. But I would never watch a WBB game over a MBB game.
That said, I can't remember the last time I watched WFSB news or visited their website.
On the other hand, my brother and his wife (both even older than me) used to watch the women, and not the men. Not sure if they still do. I think it was just the thing to do in their circle of friends for a while.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
also can we ban Boneyarders that say “UCONN”?

It’s UConn.

it is not that hard people
i use UCONN. its because on TV broadcasts like ESPN they use text with capital letters so i became accustomed to using UCONN over UConn. they also do the same on Fox sports broadcasts for the big east.

1582036873079.png

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
All those people who only have an antennae and quilt/knit during the womens game make up that 88%

Reaction Score
i use UCONN. its because on TV broadcasts like ESPN they use text with capital letters so i became accustomed to using UCONN over UConn. they also do the same on Fox sports broadcasts for the big east.

View attachment 50993

TV is brainwashing you. It’s UConn with a red around the U.... even our uniforms are off. Sheesh!

Reaction Score
The men’s ratings have to be higher right?

Most likely. The only year I would say that wasn't the case was in 2017, when they were in the middle of that long streak and they were outrating everyone, especially when the MBB team was beginning to really slide. Now, I have seen a precipitous drop off in WBB game attendance and genuine interest in the highlights I put out for those games. At the height of it aligning with the timing below, they were getting so much push from ESPN an average video was at least 15-20k views. Now sitting around 5-6k. They'll be back next year in a big way, but it's not like they're bad now (#6 in the country) so it's kind of surprising seeing the huge dropoff. When was the last time they sold out XL?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Old people and front-runners

I'll be watching UConn MBB games till the day I die. Let's see the ratings and attendance for the WBB team once Geno leaves and the team is losing more than twice a season.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
also can we ban Boneyarders that say “UCONN”?

It’s UConn.

it is not that hard people

Women's bball fans prefer UCONN so maybe that helped skew the voting.

Reaction Score
I watched the women from 2:00 to 3:00, then the men's game. Was able to switch back and forth between ESPN (Comcast) and ESPN3 (Fire Stick) during commercials. Still, the scheduling could have been better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom