Chances of Joe Moorhead to UConn as new OC? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chances of Joe Moorhead to UConn as new OC?

Chances of Moorhead to UConn as new OC?

• 1: Not in this lifetime

Votes: 88 55.0%
  • 2: Only as HC in waiting guarantee

Votes: 27 16.9%
  • 3: Only as the new HC

Votes: 37 23.1%
  • 4: Needs a job. Knows Edsall and recruiting territory

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
the high school coach is a shot at UConn and not a real choice.

Andrew Breiner would be a big upgrade for the offense but would Edsall give up the control?

Reaction Score
I don’t think Joe would work for Randy at this point in his career. Plus, Randy has a solid class coming in, which is what we were hoping for. I would guess that while we might get a new OC, it won’t be one with a name anywhere near as big as Moorhead.
What in the world would leave you to think RE has a solid class coming in? This class is only solid by UConn’s ridiculously low standards.

Reaction Score

Andrew Breiner would be a big upgrade for the offense but would Edsall give up the control?

If the AD has a set he doesn’t give him a choice. What leverage could Randy possibly possess to say no? Do it and I’ll post cryptic quotes on Twitter about you like I’m an eighth grade girl who just broke up with her boyfriend?

The program is so bad that both Randy and his kid are basically stealing money at this point. If the AD wants to replace his OC with a Husky in a headset who randomly picks plays on an Xbox Copy of Madden he should be happy to oblige. It can’t be much worse than some of the decisions I watched be made, and more important people might actually pay to see it.

Reaction Score

1578144142704.gif

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If I were the AD would definitely approach Moorhead for the HC position.

Is UConn really the kind of school that’s going to hire a guy who was fired for “culture and discipline” issues?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If the AD has a set he doesn’t give him a choice. What leverage could Randy possibly possess to say no? Do it and I’ll post cryptic quotes on Twitter about you like I’m an eighth grade girl who just broke up with her boyfriend?

The program is so bad that both Randy and his kid are basically stealing money at this point. If the AD wants to replace his OC with a Husky in a headset who randomly picks plays on an Xbox Copy of Madden he should be happy to oblige. It can’t be much worse than some of the decisions I watched be made, and more important people might actually pay to see it.
I will fondly remember this board having RE's back for installing his own kid on the coaching staff for no reason whatsoever.

Reaction Score
Is UConn really the kind of school that’s going to hire a guy who was fired for “culture and discipline” issues?
Is there any documented proof of actual discipline or culture issues under Moorhead at MSU? Sounds a lot more like a strawman.

Reaction Score
I believe the class has been ranked as high as 79. For an independent, losing program located in the northeast, that’s about all you can expect. However, I’ll trust Randy’s evaluation of talent all day long. I’m pretty sure our class will prove better than their ranking and it will include plenty of very good athletes that can be developed.

I’m not a Randy apologist at all, but I could see much more talent on the field this year. I think he’s developing a decent roster. My issue with Randy is more about what he’ll do with that talent, particularly on offense. Give me a good OC with authority to run a modern offense and I’ll be ok with Randy.

the Q

Reaction Score
Culture and discipline huh? They sure have a funny way of spelling Northern and losing at MSU...
admittedly don’t know the whole story but from what I am reading, sounds way overblown. Administration was looking for reason to let him go.
Is there any documented proof of actual discipline or culture issues under Moorhead at MSU? Sounds a lot more like a strawman.

I don’t either. But UConn is not the kind of school who takes those kind of pr gambles.

Reaction Score
I don’t either. But UConn is not the kind of school who takes those kind of pr gambles.
If we want to gain any type of relevancy at the FBS level again we better learn to take a PR hit (other than simply not being a good football team)

Reaction Score
If we're being honest Joemo knew what the deal was when he took the MSU Job. Win a bunch of games and the fans will be mostly okay with a Yankee from Pittsburgh Central Catholic being HC at a school located in the deepest part of the deep south. Don't win enough games and they will find a reason to get rid of you. That said SEC Money is life changing money for a former FCS HC, and turning it down wasn't an option.

There were only two ways this was ever playing out and both were win win for him. If he won a lot of games eventually a better job would come calling and he could move on. OTOH go 6-7, get fired and sit home collecting millions. Unfortunately it was the second option, but what an option it is. I suspect he sits out a year, decompresses a bit from the craziness of The SEC and then looks to get back in when the coaching wheel starts spinning after next season.

I could see a scenario where Dantonio retires at year end and potentially any of Campbell, Narduzzi, Fickell, or Babers take over MSU. Joemo can slide in at any of these spots and be a great fit. I'd love to see Uconn go after him hard, but the uncertainty around independence and a lack of resources for assistants is a lot to overcome. JMO but I'd go after a big name FCS HC w/staff who put points on the board and are looking to prove themselves. Randy isn't the only option for a program on a budget.

the Q

Reaction Score
If we want to gain any type of relevancy at the FBS level again we better learn to take a PR hit (other than simply not being a good football team)

i don’t disagree.

but does the administration have the stones to make that deal?

Reaction Score

Hired Sal Alosi who the only thing anyone knew about him was tripping a player on the sideline when he was with the Jets.

I'm with you with a major history of scandals and cheating or illegal activity, but I think there would need to be a lot more to come out against Moorhead for us to not be interested.

Doesn't matter though, don't think he'd even have any interest in the head coach job

Reaction Score
i don’t disagree.

but does the administration have the stones to make that deal?

No one outside of the state would view the hire in a negative light. Most would be impressed that Uconn was able to sign a former SEC Coach. No need to worry about potential blowback as anyone with a brain realizes Joe is clean and MSU was using any excuse to negotiate down his buyout.

the Q

Reaction Score
No one outside of the state would view the hire in a negative light. Most would be impressed that Uconn was able to sign a former SEC Coach. No need to worry about potential blowback as anyone with a brain realizes Joe is clean and MSU was using any excuse to negotiate down his buyout.

I agree. But UConn as a whole cares very much what the in state media says.

Reaction Score
Joe being let go has more to do with Lane Kiffin being hired at Ole Miss than anything. There is nothing to prevent us from bringing him back if he wants to keep busy. The hell with the Puritans still in the State.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If Joe came back here right now as an assistant you'd have to question his state of mind.
He will make $3mm no matter what next year...so it's not that far fetched. It's late in the game....so finding the right gig might be hard. He could Lashlee it....work as OC at UConn for one year and explore his options as a HC next year.

Reaction Score
He will make $3mm no matter what next year...so it's not that far fetched. It's late in the game....so finding the right gig might be hard. He could Lashlee it....work as OC at UConn for one year and explore his options as a HC next year.

It has nothing to do with money. It's about perception.

Reaction Score
It has nothing to do with money. It's about perception.
And if UConn went from 2 wins to 6 or 7 wins and a bowl game this coming season what would be the perception then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom