Chances of Joe Moorhead to UConn as new OC? | The Boneyard

Chances of Joe Moorhead to UConn as new OC?

Chances of Moorhead to UConn as new OC?

• 1: Not in this lifetime

Votes: 88 55.0%
  • 2: Only as HC in waiting guarantee

Votes: 27 16.9%
  • 3: Only as the new HC

Votes: 37 23.1%
  • 4: Needs a job. Knows Edsall and recruiting territory

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are the chances? Dog's chance in hell? HC in waiting? Needs a job and knows the recruiting landscape?

Reaction Score
Are you seriously kidding me right now? There are 75+ opportunities better than UCONN OC right now for Moorehead. Terrible team, no conference, no support, no pay. Yep, definitely see him coming here.

To be fair, there are only 20 current OC openings according to footballscoops tracker.

Reaction Score
To be fair, there are only 20 current OC openings according to footballscoops tracker.

Where do you get listed if you had an OC opening and just never filled it for a calendar year?

Reaction Score
What are the chances? Dog's chance in hell? HC in waiting? Needs a job and knows the recruiting landscape?

I started giggling when I saw this.

Joe can make over $1.5 million as a P5 OC if he wanted. He should have been the head coach here. He isn't coming back as an OC. I would think him coming here as the head coach in any capacity is a reach.

That said, on his staff, I would take Andrew Breiner as OC and perhaps next head coach. That might be unrealistic too, but at least he is a young coach who probably wants to coach and worked up here.

I think we all have to understand where UConn is as a program -- Not P5, not G5 -- and it has no money to pay a coach or assistants. I think we need to be more realistic about some things.

Reaction Score

Joe can make over $1.5 million as a P5 OC if he wanted. He should have been the head coach here. He isn't coming back as an OC. I would think him coming here as the head coach in any capacity is a reach.

That said, on his staff, I would take Andrew Breiner as OC and perhaps next head coach. That might be unrealistic too, but at least he is a young coach who probably wants to coach and worked up here.

I think we all have to understand where UConn is as a program -- Not P5, not G5 -- and it has no money to pay a coach or assistants. I think we need to be more realistic about some things.

We need to be more realistic about a lot of things to be fair.

Reaction Score

Breiner would be a great hire as OC.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Make him HC. Didn't Edsall's buyout just go down?
Yep, down to zero. And Diaco is all paid now.....and we lets face it, been running this show on the cheap the past few seasons, so.....

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
This is real?

Jon Wholley is far more likely than Joe Moorhead...

Reaction Score
Moorhead had signed an extension that pays him more than $3 mil/yr until 2022. UConn pays $300K. LOL.

Reaction Score
If I were the AD would definitely approach Moorhead for the HC position.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

giphy (1).gif

Reaction Score
I don’t think Joe would work for Randy at this point in his career. Plus, Randy has a solid class coming in, which is what we were hoping for. I would guess that while we might get a new OC, it won’t be one with a name anywhere near as big as Moorhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom