Championships (new poster introduction) | The Boneyard

Championships (new poster introduction)

Reaction Score
This is my first post....I am a former coach with experience at all levels....a longtime fan of UCONN Women’s basketball and love the tradition and all accolades directed at the program that are well deserved.
Having said all that , it took Tara at Stanford 29 years to win another NC so we must appreciate the 13 straight FF appearances by the ladies and i feel our time to win more Championships are around the corner.
Geno is still the best!!!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I can't imagine what will happen when Uconn next loses in the tournament before the FF!:confused:
People already are saying Uconn is in a downward death spiral because it hasn't won an NC in a whole 4 years! That is the problem with winning four in a row, everything afterwards is a let down until we string five together!:eek:

But then things usually calm down after we go through all the stages of grief after a FF loss. In another couple of weeks we will begin arguing about starting line-ups, how long the next winning streak will be, who should be consider to replace Geno when he decides to retire, etc.

Of course the true diehard BY fans never stop arguing all those issue - why let a minor distraction like the current season interfere with a good argument about such critical issues!:cool:

Reaction Score
my second post and establishing my Bona fides.
Recalling Johnny’s close NBA call
In response to my previous post “Championships” it is not my position to criticize the coaching staff or the players ....it would be easy to comment on how I would coach or criticize the style or the system....as a former coach I could but i do not have 11 NCAA Championships to my name....as I mentioned in the previous post Geno is the “GOAT” of coaching....I had a chance to share with Coach Wooden and Geno’s accomplishments are comparable.

Reaction Score
Thanks
And read my second post
Perhaps I will dwell in more technical matters in the future

Reaction Score
The fact to point out is that in the 29 years since Stanford last won... Geno picked up not 1, not 2, not 3.... but 11 titles.... in between Stanford's 2nd and 3rd. That is crazy!
Tara got to Stanford the same time as Geno got to UCONN, but had a 152 win head start in the seven years (two at Idaho & 5 at Ohio State) she was a head coach before Geno got his current job at UCONN. Geno did not start catching Tara in earnest until UCONN beat Stanford at the Final Four in 1995 [and then beat TN for the first NC] and Tara took a year off to "right the ship" for the Women's National team before the Atlanta Olympics with Dawn Staley, et. al.....

Now, 11 Championships later vs. the THIRD for Tara, Geno & CD are only FIVE wins behind Tara in the career win column

Reaction Score
Another piece of this amazing puzzle is that Geno & CD defeated TN four times for the title. Had they split those four titles, Pat would still be ahead 10 - 9....

Reaction Score
Tara got to Stanford the same time as Geno got to UCONN, but had a 152 win head start in the seven years (two at Idaho & 5 at Ohio State) she was a head coach before Geno got his current job at UCONN. Geno did not start catching Tara in earnest until UCONN beat Stanford at the Final Four in 1995 [and then beat TN for the first NC] and Tara took a year off to "right the ship" for the Women's National team before the Atlanta Olympics with Dawn Staley, et. al.....

Now, 11 Championships later vs. the THIRD for Tara, Geno & CD are only FIVE wins behind Tara in the career win column
Per Wikipedia, Geno is actually 6 wins behind Tara.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks
And read my second post
Perhaps I will dwell in more technical matters in the future
Welcome to the Boneyard! I hope you enjoy it here.

You don’t need to justify or explain anything. The people @MD#12Fan demanding your bona fides are just fans, like the rest of us, not some kind of moderator or credentials clearing house. I hope i never see anyone demanding to know someone else’s credentials again here on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Darn, with your expertise, I was looking for something provocative for your first post. Very little x's and o's discussed here. How can Geno's judgement be questioned?
And you needed to ape the BY mantra? Even as a new thread!! Every thing you mentioned is fact. Like looking out the window and saying "the sky is blue", "the river's wet" (oops ours is still frozen).
Looking forward to acknowledging your acumen in the future.
Geez, snark much?
Was this post really necessary?
Maybe I've been naive, but I thought a lot of the comments during the past year about people being unwelcoming, overly snarky or sarcastic were overblown, but this one changes my mind.
It's certainly not how the BY generally welcomes people.
Keep posting, @gold2323 Your comments are welcomed here.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Thanks and I am sorry I cannot rise to your level. G-d Bless.
Gold, glad to have you on board, like you I am fairly new here as well. No need to worry about technical or meeting anyone's expectations, just be who you are and let-r-rip. Heck I just looked above to see HuskyNan has beat me to the punch, so what she said. I will add that by now you see few X's&O's on the BY. If that's your thing fine have at it, most here just like to free wield, enjoy and I look forward to more of your posts.

Reaction Score
Gold, glad to have you on board, like you I am fairly new here as well. No need to worry about technical or meeting anyone's expectations, just be who you are and let-r-rip. Heck I just looked above to see HuskyNan has beat me to the punch, so what she said. I will add that by now you see few X's&O's on the BY. If that's your thing fine have at it, most here just like to free wield, enjoy and I look forward to more of your posts.
Thank you like all of most here I want to see more championships...next year would make my wish to have it done.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine what will happen when Uconn next loses in the tournament before the FF!:confused:
People already are saying Uconn is in a downward death spiral because it hasn't won an NC in a whole 4 years! That is the problem with winning four in a row, everything afterwards is a let down until we string five together!:eek:

But then things usually calm down after we go through all the stages of grief after a FF loss. In another couple of weeks we will begin arguing about starting line-ups, how long the next winning streak will be, who should be consider to replace Geno when he decides to retire, etc.

Of course the true diehard BY fans never stop arguing all those issue - why let a minor distraction like the current season interfere with a good argument about such critical issues!:cool:
Hey I'm not spoiled..................I can live with one NC every four years............:eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom