Championship or bust | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Championship or bust

Reaction Score
agreed. also increases the likelihood of akok coming back next year when it's really championship or bust, but won't be if we don't have him.

cole/hawk/aj/akok/sanogo w/ digg/gaff/karaban/samson/clingan off the bench. that's a champ or bust roster.
This i agree with. If we go on this season to make the Sweet 16 or an Elite 8 next season is more a Championship or bust season. Akok isnt going anywhere. He is nowhere ready for the NBA even if he has a big season. If Sanogo comes back this squad is insanely loaded for next year. I think itd start the season ranked #1.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
the whole 'or bust' motto originated mostly from us heading west, usually in a calistoga wagon, like this
card01008_fr.jpg

lots of sitting around, patiently waiting for the next challenge. didn't hurt to have a nice long smoke for all that time. a stogie perhaps? as in 'cali-stogie?' the origination for the term 'stogie.' (tho calistogie might have a bit of a different meaning today.) sooooo, im down with 'championship or bust' cuz the journey will mean more than a few postgame victory blun.... fine, cheroots.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Pump the brakes OP. We beat 3 teams full of bums. Gonzaga is out here playing Texas. We were never even in it round 1 last year. Now you're gonna say it's win it all or bust? I'm a lunatic for this program as well but geez. I would say there are other outcomes for this season that could define success, other than winning it all.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Much better talking about national champships than the bubble or injuries or next year

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I fully anticipate that people on this board will respect Whaley's game a lot more when we start playing A-level front courts whether or not Sanogo learns to stay out of foul trouble.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Disagree. If we dont win a national title this season is absolutely not a bust. Whaley is going to start and from what Coach said in the post game i think he is going ot start Whaley all season even if Akok starts playing out of his mind.
I agree 100%. Whaley is a better all around player at this time than Akok and has the bulk you need to bang with the 4 & 5s. I love Akok but he gets bodied by bigger guards. IF Akok somehow adds some beneficial and meaningful bulk he will be a terror. I think 22-23 will be Akok’s season to shine. I still look for him to continue to improve but this team needs Whaley and DH knows it

Reaction Score
Disagree. If we dont win a national title this season is absolutely not a bust. Whaley is going to start and from what Coach said in the post game i think he is going ot start Whaley all season even if Akok starts playing out of his mind.
That’s my only concern. Whalley fits better on unit 2. We’ll see long season
But I also wanna win every game!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Death, taxes and the Boneyard completely overreacting to a couple blowouts over literally 2 of the worst teams in the country. An annual ritual.

Quickly followed by a loss where we go 2-17 from 3 and suddenly we are doomed because we have no scorers. Kinda fun to watch the hyperbole every year

Next will be the record predictions and auto wins we are counting, numerous of which we will actually lose
You forgot Calls for Hurleys job.

Reaction Score
Only way to look at the season.
The only thing I’d change about this team is moving whalley into a bench role. Not because he’s not good but my ONLY fear with this team is we are down a shooter in the SL and hedge 4 Adama for foul trouble— don’t want to fall behind anyone
Seriously This team is stacked with all the major league championship components
I want to win#5

By the way Hawkins is gonna be scary good— reminds me physically of Bradley Beal
His gait and overall posture remind me of Scott Burrell. Who we forget was in the league for a good while. He even caught the ire of Jordan while winning a ring.

Reaction Score
The only thing I’d change about this team is moving whalley into a bench role.

Hurley is doing the right thing by limiting Akok's minutes, he's coming off a serious injury and we want him healthy in March when the season really starts.

Reaction Score
I love the enthusiasm after playing 4 cupcakes. Lock her up.
I’m as high on the team as anyone but Mike Tyson famously once said “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.” Let’s see what we have when that happens.

Reaction Score
I’m as high on the team as anyone but Mike Tyson famously once said “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.” Let’s see what we have when that happens.
These guys need to face adversity. We’ll see it Wednesday.

Reaction Score
My god this place never changes
We lose in the Bahamas and half the board will come off their sugar high.
Win the thing and were legitimate top 10
Get to the finals and we just might have the makings
A seasons a journey and all journeys have highs and lows
The trick is have the many more highs then lows .
When March comes be ready to take it to the next level.
If this team comes together is can be epic.
Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Reaction Score
These guys need to face adversity. We’ll see it Wednesday.
Not saying I agree with the OP. But these guys have faced adversity. This isn't their first go around

Reaction Score
I think Purdue handles us pretty easily if we played today

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There is a lot to like about this squad. Some reality about the tournament, if you're playing in the second week, you've got a shot. Who's hot? Matchups, luck, the best team doesn't always win (as we well know). I think this team is capable of getting to the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, which means anything can happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom