Championship or bust | The Boneyard

Championship or bust

Reaction Score
Only way to look at the season.
The only thing I’d change about this team is moving whalley into a bench role. Not because he’s not good but my ONLY fear with this team is we are down a shooter in the SL and hedge 4 Adama for foul trouble— don’t want to fall behind anyone
Seriously This team is stacked with all the major league championship components
I want to win#5

By the way Hawkins is gonna be scary good— reminds me physically of Bradley Beal

Reaction Score
This team reminds me of some past Kentucky teams with it's depth. No one star and the starters and guys in the bench are interchangeable (we can almost say there aren't starters) It also seems that unlike those Kentucky teams, ours has chemistry.

Reaction Score
When you've won 4 titles, every year is championship or bust. High expectations are a good thing. At the end of the day, the goal is to win a national championship. Maybe some loser, lesser programs like Syracuse are fine with elite 8's. That's not UConn's goal.

Reaction Score
kevin garnett GIF

Reaction Score
When you've won 4 titles, every year is championship or bust. High expectations are a good thing. At the end of the day, the goal is to win a national championship. Maybe some loser, lesser programs like Syracuse are fine with elite 8's. That's not UConn's goal.
BE* championship or bust. 3 seed in the tourney. elite 8.
No

Reaction Score
The only thing I’d change about this team is moving whalley into a bench role. Not because he’s not good but my ONLY fear with this team is we are down a shooter in the SL and hedge 4 Adama for foul trouble— don’t want to fall behind anyone
Seriously This team is stacked with all the major league championship components
I want to win#5

By the way Hawkins is gonna be scary good— reminds me physically of Bradley Beal
Disagree. If we dont win a national title this season is absolutely not a bust. Whaley is going to start and from what Coach said in the post game i think he is going ot start Whaley all season even if Akok starts playing out of his mind.

Reaction Score
I'll be very happy to be wrong, but this team is not winning the title. It's going to be a good fun team that will drive us mad because they're going to lose some games they shouldn't because of their offense and will be in every game no matter how good the opponent is because of the defense.

Enjoy the ride. Hope for the best, of course, but if it's championship or bust you're not going to get a ton of enjoyment and you're missing out on a fun ride that will—soon, I think, just not this year—have us in regular contention for #5.

Reaction Score
I'll be very happy to be wrong, but this team is not winning the title. It's going to be a good fun team that will drive us mad because they're going to lose some games they shouldn't because of their offense and will be in every game no matter how good the opponent is because of the defense.

Enjoy the ride. Hope for the best, of course, but if it's championship or bust you're not going to get a ton of enjoyment and you're missing out on a fun ride that will—soon, I think, just not this year—have us in regular contention for #5.
This is the exact take to have after we’ve done nothing but mollywhop three of the worst teams in the country.

We all need to save our breath until after Atlantis.

Reaction Score

How many other teams have you watched so far and thought to yourself that we absolutely cannot beat them in March? I have seen zero teams that look unbeatable. Gonzaga, Kansas, UCLA, and Duke all have their own flaws. There is no dominant team this year. This team can absolutely win a title

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
How many other teams have you watched so far and thought to yourself that we absolutely cannot beat them in March? I have seen zero teams that look unbeatable. Gonzaga, Kansas, UCLA, and Duke all have their own flaws. There is no dominant team this year. This team can absolutely win a title
All of our title teams had future first round picks, usually lottery bound, leading us(And for the first 3, a HOF HC). It's just too early to put those level of expectations on us, until we handily beat a solid Auburn team.

Reaction Score
No team is ever unbeatable, but you're asking a team that has played (and lost) exactly 1 NCAAT game to win 6, many in which they'll be underdogs.

Optimism is great, but the expectation that this team should win the title or the season is a waste is only going to bring disappointment. And not disappointment in a 1996, 2006, 2009 sort of way.

Reaction Score
This is the exact take to have after we’ve done nothing but mollywhop three of the worst teams in the country.

We all need to save our breath until after Atlantis.
Death, taxes and the Boneyard completely overreacting to a couple blowouts over literally 2 of the worst teams in the country. An annual ritual.

Quickly followed by a WTF loss where we go 2-17 from 3 and suddenly we are doomed because we have no scorers. Kinda fun to watch the hyperbole every year

Next will be the record predictions and auto wins we are counting, numerous of which we will actually lose

Reaction Score
No team is ever unbeatable, but you're asking a team that has played (and lost) exactly 1 NCAAT game to win 6, many in which they'll be underdogs.

Optimism is great, but the expectation that this team should win the title or the season is a waste is only going to bring disappointment. And not disappointment in a 1996, 2006, 2009 sort of way.
What a freaking curse the WBB, Yanks, Sox, and Pats have done to this fanbase. We really are totally delusional. Nobody looks unbeatable means we should expect to beat them all. Good lord.

Reaction Score
Whaley is going to start and from what Coach said in the post game i think he is going ot start Whaley all season even if Akok starts playing out of his mind.
agreed. also increases the likelihood of akok coming back next year when it's really championship or bust, but won't be if we don't have him.

cole/hawk/aj/akok/sanogo w/ digg/gaff/karaban/samson/clingan off the bench. that's a champ or bust roster.

Reaction Score
I was going to post a poll; but this is an easy piggy back. Not looking for bad mojo or money touching.

Huskies now #23. Will the final ranking be within 7 of it...? Elaborate if you must..I say hard pass. No Way.

Edit: I chose 7 for a fairly obvious arithmetic reason.

Reaction Score
I was going to post a poll; but this is an easy piggy back. Not looking for bad mojo or money touching.

Huskies now #23. Will the final ranking be within 7 of it...? Elaborate if you must..I say hard pass. No Way.

Edit: I chose 7 for a fairly obvious arithmetic reason.
are you asking whether we finish the season ranked 16th or higher? i say higher but the teams that make it to the sweet 16 dont end up getting placed 1-16 in the final rankings if that's what you are getting at.

Reaction Score
are you asking whether we finish the season ranked 16th or higher? i say higher but the teams that make it to the sweet 16 dont end up getting placed 1-16 in the final rankings if that's what you are getting at.
Nothing more than a fairly large number. Just want more games.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I want to win#5

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
I believe that this team has the potential to play with anyone in the country if they stay healthy & bring it every night.

Becoming champions is their goal & I think Hurley is the man to guide the program there. Whether it’s this season, or 10-years from now, let’s all just enjoy the ride. After the past few years we’ve endured, it’s certainly well deserved as casual fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom